Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Re: Machines at schools.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    TOP 10 Worst End Users:

I started list with 3. Feel free to add the next 7.

#1, Teachers are the worse (no need to explain, you all know what I mean)

2, Car salesmen (will do anything to get the sale, including tearing the copier apart if it jams in middle of sale!)

3, Mortgage salesmen (always under pressure and rip machines apart)

Teachers, Lawyers, Radio stations. In that order.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Machines at schools.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyrum View Post
    Isn't that ironic? I have a few relatives that are teachers, once I find/make a video I'm sure they'll think it's funny

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    My older daughter is a third grade teacher. My younger daughter is a computer science professor at a university.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Machines at schools.

We have multiple machine in a number of schools. Usually no more problems than any other type of customers. Prison on the other hand.

We also have 5 production machines in school locations. The school districts have found that it is more cost effective to do all state required classroom hand outs in house and hire an individual to do so.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Machines at schools.

Hey slim, I think it is different if you have production machines with " trained key operators" in schools. What most here are talking about is a copier that all teachers have access to make a few copies here and there.

A few more to add to top 10 list:

Auto repair shops & restaurants, outside of machines always extremely dirty with grease, etc.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Hey slim, I think it is different if you have production machines with " trained key operators" in schools. What most here are talking about is a copier that all teachers have access to make a few copies here and there.

A few more to add to top 10 list:

Auto repair shops & restaurants, outside of machines always extremely dirty with grease, etc.
    Didn't have too many in restaurants. But there were one or two that come to mind. Like the one that put the copier in the kitchen. And just could not understand why they could not get good copies. Just because the machine was on a "desk" next to the steam kettles. The ones used to cook fifty gallons of soup at a time steam kettles. Or maybe that Cs 1435 put in a supply cabinet/office three steps away from a steam dish washer. Of course trying to explain that steam produced water vapor which was absorbed by the paper was like talking to the wall.

And then we've all had something like this toonice_try_but_you_are_doing_it_wrong_640_39.jpg
    Last edited by gneebore; 03-05-2017 at 08:32 PM.