Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: Any stargazers out there...?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Any stargazers out there...?

I miss gazing at the stars since I moved into the Big Smoke. We were up in the hills a 100 km out from the city with very little light pollution so had a wonderful view of the southern skies and the Milky Way. Just after sunset was a good time to watch satellites wiz overhead. Now we're down in the city all you can see is the major constellations and a planet or two.
    I have a smart phone and find most apps useless except for Google Skymap which is terrific for finding stars and identifying the ones that do get to peek through the overhead murk.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I do it every time. I'm interested in one picture, or someone links to one article/picture, and I end up spending hours going through the various parts of the NASA site. Absolutely amazing that anyone can go and see raw data coming from the dozens of satellites and space probes.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I do gaze up at the night sky from time to time with awe....
    I use to live waaaay out in the western country where the night sky is a fireworks of colour ~350 days a year. In our youth we would navigate on vermin hunting trips at night using only the stars.

Luv all the NASA full colour images.

Luv the fact that there is a green ionosphere glow around the outside of earth when the atmosphere is blue, go figure ?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

You know what sucks? I've been a star gazer for about 10 years now. I've learned so much about our universe... specifically about our solar system. Standing in my back yard, I've seen planets, moons, asteroids, comets, nebula, star clusters, and twice I've been able to capture other galaxies. I've even caught glimpses of satellites and space junk (you can see what's what in that iphone app). I understand all these concepts that I've either seen in documentaries or looked up myself. I've spent so many hours with my cheap 4" reflector.

And my brother is a flat earther.

Yes, they actually do exist.

I'm just beside myself with grief.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post

{snip}

And my brother is a flat earther.

Yes, they actually do exist.

I'm just beside myself with grief.
    haha flat earthers.
    We call them customers over our way....

Yes sadly I some times wonder about the "flat earthers", is there any body home up there.
    But... on the same token, --ignorance is bliss, an ignorant bliss makes for generally happy people.

Yes I too know my share of people who truly don't know their @nus from their elbow.
    And that is just a nice way of putting it. One of my old bosses put it in perspective he said --"It's like working with orangutans". Well, I like to believe it's a little better than that.

All in all though I sincerely have respect for their wish to live that way,
    after all, that is the reason why most repair Techs earn their living.

May the Bliss be with you...

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

This is a weird one. Here is a satellite pic of a new base on mars.After it was discovered, Google said they made it as a an April fools joke, although I believe it was discovered way after April fools day. And how many people use Google Mars? Many think it was just a Nasa slipup where they forgot to airbrush it out like they normally do. If it is a photoshop project, somebody did a super job at making it look real, down to the shadows and the pathways around the complex. Very interesting. If your on google Mars, it is around the Yellowknife area, close to the tracks from one of the rovers, Curiosity I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    This is a weird one. Here is a satellite pic of a new base on mars.After it was discovered, Google said they made it as a an April fools joke, although I believe it was discovered way after April fools day. And how many people use Google Mars? Many think it was just a Nasa slipup where they forgot to airbrush it out like they normally do. If it is a photoshop project, somebody did a super job at making it look real, down to the shadows and the pathways around the complex. Very interesting. If your on google Mars, it is around the Yellowknife area, close to the tracks from one of the rovers, Curiosity I think.

Can't be 100% sure the Moon landing wasn't faked, but I am 100% sure the mars mission that established this base was. Emujo

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Interesting... Picture. I can only assume the information is as you say.

I believe two highly noted people are on public record for making statements about Mars missions.

I believe the media asked Buz Aldrin what he would like to do next, he stated "He would
    like to see NASA go back to Mars." He spoke in the past tense like NASA had already been there before.

I believe President Obama is on record for stating he would like to help organisations go back to Mars.

If you're inclined to believe in the Sci-fi area, the US military have all ready got a base on Mars. Apparently the Philadelphia experiments with the warship USS Eldridge have advanced enough to allow the scientist of the day to open up the seventh seal. The term I've heard is call LERM or Light Energy Reality Matrix.

The universe is a light energy holographic matrix with a finite set of laws that allows for an
    infinite set of holograms to co-exist in multiple layers and levels within a relative frame of motion. Ie. a Holographic matrix or quantum physics. Forget the Rutherford model of the atom, it is incomplete. Forget the electron particle-wave "duality theory" its is basically nonsense, the electron is a wave. There are many matrices within matrices, Universes within Universes.

For those into spiritual or the science of metaphysics, it could be said that "God is an isotropic line fluctuating simultaneously on all points at once". Ie. a Fractal Holographic Matrix. A matrix has a finite known fixed set of mathematical laws.

Universal scale mathematics means intelligence in any language.

In the immortal words of mathematician Albert Einstein "God does not play dice with the Universe."
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 07-22-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Interesting... Picture. I can only assume the information is as you say.

I believe two highly noted people are on public record for making statements about Mars missions.

I believe the media asked Buz Aldrin what he would like to do next, he stated "He would
    like to see NASA go back to Mars." He spoke in the past tense like NASA had already been there before.

I believe President Obama is on record for stating he would like to help organisations go back to Mars.

If you're inclined to believe in the Sci-fi area, the US military have all ready got a base on Mars. Apparently the Philadelphia experiments with the warship USS Eldridge have advanced enough to allow the scientist of the day to open up the seventh seal. The term I've heard is call LERM or Light Energy Reality Matrix.

The universe is a light energy holographic matrix with a finite set of laws that allows for an
    infinite set of holograms to co-exist in multiple layers and levels within a relative frame of motion. Ie. a Holographic matrix or quantum physics. Forget the Rutherford model of the atom, it is incomplete. Forget the electron particle-wave "duality theory" its is basically nonsense, the electron is a wave. There are many matrices within matrices, Universes within Universes.

For those into spiritual or the science of metaphysics, it could be said that "God is an isotropic line fluctuating simultaneously on all points at once". Ie. a Fractal Holographic Matrix. A matrix has a finite known fixed set of mathematical laws.

Universal scale mathematics means intelligence in any language.

In the immortal words of mathematician Albert Einstein "God does not play dice with the Universe."
    Sounds like another explorer that knows all is not immediately evident to us. Just be careful, Neo. Don't fall into exploring your "sense of being" (That is the most accurate way I can explain something that really can't be defined by words) without retaining a strong sense of empathy and compassion. We certainly don't want to end up like a privileged, narcissistic self serving member of the Scientology group. As an individual we are neither better or worse than anybody else, we just "are". May we evolve well.
    Oh, and as far as the Mars base story, google it for the details.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING