Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 404
  1. #291
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    No, its all nonsense. Nasa says the polar ice caps are getting bigger not smaller. Isn't that one of the arguments? Also the magnetic poles are switching slowly , I dont think man has anything to do with that. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...er-than-losses

  2. #292
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The last couple of responses are about politics and not climate change.

    At any rate, the reason why Roy Moore lost is because of changing demographics. White, "conservative" Christians are no longer the majority across the USA. 97% of African Americans in Alabama, compromising 29% of the total electoral votes, voted against Roy Moore.

    In cities with more than 50,000 people, Doug Jones took 71% of the votes. The Republican party now largely appeals to mostly rural less populated ares.

    66% of women with children (20% of the electorate) voted against Roy Moore.


    As far as the tax reforms go, the benefits mostly will go to corporations and the rich but not to middle class photocopier technicians while adding one trillion dollars to the national debt for future generations to pay.

    Where is the Republican "Tea Party" now who were so obstructionist against the Obama administration over increasing the national debt? They appear to be hypocrites.

    The reason while the national debt increased under President Obama was because of the financial disaster handed to him by the previous Bush/ Republican administration.
    We were discussing the change in the political climate. Kinda the same thing.

  3. #293
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,151
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Not really. The Alabama election is straight politics that has nothing to do with how human activity is effecting the global climate. If you want to discuss politics and its impact on climate that is on topic.

    If people pick up the thread and read only the last five-six responses they would think they are back on on the "How Crazy is Donald Trump" thread.

  4. #294
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Ctl-Alt-Del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    No, its all nonsense. Nasa says the polar ice caps are getting bigger not smaller. Isn't that one of the arguments? Also the magnetic poles are switching slowly , I dont think man has anything to do with that. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...er-than-losses
    You should re-read the article, the article doesn't say what you claim it says. it only references Antarctica and is says the snow pack is gaining height in some areas so the total amount of ice in that region is remaining somewhat consistent but covers less area.

    “We’re essentially in agreement with other studies that show an increase in ice discharge in the Antarctic Peninsula and the Thwaites and Pine Island region of West Antarctica,” said Jay Zwally, a glaciologist with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, and lead author of the study, which was published on Oct. 30 in the Journal of Glaciology. “Our main disagreement is for East Antarctica and the interior of West Antarctica – there, we see an ice gain that exceeds the losses in the other areas.” Zwally added that his team “measured small height changes over large areas, as well as the large changes observed over smaller areas.”

  5. #295
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,151
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    No, its all nonsense. Nasa says the polar ice caps are getting bigger not smaller. Isn't that one of the arguments? Also the magnetic poles are switching slowly , I dont think man has anything to do with that. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...er-than-losses
    Certainly interesting points to ponder. Climate change is a very complicated topic with many inputs to consider. Still the earth's average temperature is increasing at an accelerating rate that has only bad outcomes for millions of people.

  6. #296
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    As far as the tax reforms go, the benefits mostly will go to corporations and the rich but not to middle class photocopier technicians

    You said a whole bunch of stuff that is just false. But this one... I'm wondering WHY you said it. What makes you think the tax cut is for the rich, when the rich don't even get a rate reduction?

  7. #297
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,151
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    To be discussed under the "how Crazy is Donald Trump" thread.

  8. #298
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    So you were just repeating rhetoric.

  9. #299
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    7,837
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The last couple of responses are about politics and not climate change.
    At any rate, the reason why Roy Moore lost is because of changing demographics. White, "conservative" Christians are no longer the majority across the USA. 97% of African Americans in Alabama, compromising 29% of the total electoral votes, voted against Roy Moore.
    In cities with more than 50,000 people, Doug Jones took 71% of the votes. The Republican party now largely appeals to mostly rural less populated ares.
    66% of women with children (20% of the electorate) voted against Roy Moore.
    As far as the tax reforms go, the benefits mostly will go to corporations and the rich but not to middle class photocopier technicians while adding one trillion dollars to the national debt for future generations to pay.
    Where is the Republican "Tea Party" now who were so obstructionist against the Obama administration over increasing the national debt? They appear to be hypocrites.
    The reason while the national debt increased under President Obama was because of the financial disaster handed to him by the previous Bush/ Republican administration.
    it had nothing to do with demographics... it was strictly 1) Moore was a very weak candidate.. he was kicked out of his bench.. was denied twice as governor ... had pretty radical far right views. 2) the left and the right were throwing tons of money in the "stop Moore" campaign reportedly Jones/Dems threw 12 million at it and McConnell has be reported to have put an equal amount.
    The staunch right didn't even go for it. 22% of the votes were right ins...
    NOW the State has told the BOE they can erase the "electronic" votes.. they are not needed.

  10. #300
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,151
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    The Government of Canada has officially renamed Environment Canada (equiv to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)) to Environment and Climate Change Canada.

    Climate change is referenced as the formal title for the Environmental Ministers from Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, New Zealand, India, Scotland, the UK and the European Union.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here