Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 404
  1. #341
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    ,il
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    I don't know anything about all that s*** but I do know is has been freaking cold here. -24 without the wind chill. Just sayin LOL.

  2. #342
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    I watched a movie last night called the "Knowing" with Nicolas cage. (Release 2009)
    The main plot of the movie entailed a super solar flare explosion from the sun the width of our solar system.
    The earths ozone layer was destroyed in the solar burst. The following morning at dawn saw a band of exploding fire encircle
    the globe as the sun dawned over the horizon. Terrific earth ground wave explosion CGI effect...

    The movie ended with off-world entities landing back on a recovered earth and replacing a male and female child at various points on the earth,under the tree of knowledge to signify a return to genesis Adam and Eve scenario....

    I went to bed thinking that man has too much ignorance an limitation in his own belief system.
    We place so much importance on filling our escrow accounts (bank ) by destroying the earth, rather than filling our hearts and minds with the things that really matter. We refuse to address the grass roots real social issues, and are quick to place blame at light speed onto others, as we run from our own responsibilities.

    I felt a tad sad when I said to myself, the ozone destruction scenario would certainly fix mans innate ignorance to the real facts of the universe...


    I'm not a Nicolas Cage fan.
    3/5 stars for the movie....
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 01-31-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  3. #343
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Still refusing to answer. I get it, you really don't have an answer.
    I answered your question. I don't know any percentages of man vs nature. All I know is that historically, changes in climate took thousands of years, or more. What is happening now is moving along much quicker than that. To me, that means mankind must be causing some of it.
    Now, tell me how you believe polluting the world over the last several hundred years has no effect.
    Again I asked a simple direct question ,,So, given you don't know the answer why bother responding ? All you have done is redirect/deflect and obfuscate. As for the answer to your question, I already told you , when my question gets answered ,I will answer your ( not about to go off on tangents)...Only seems fair...

  4. #344
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,484
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Again I asked a simple direct question ,,So, given you don't know the answer why bother responding ? All you have done is redirect/deflect and obfuscate. As for the answer to your question, I already told you , when my question gets answered ,I will answer your ( not about to go off on tangents)...Only seems fair...
    Haha. You really make me laugh, without even trying I bet. You don't have to worry about answering, I know you won't. PS. I did answer your question. I said I don't know the answer. I don't know the ratio of man made vs natural climate change. Do you know why you refuse to believe that climate change could possibly be caused by us.

  5. #345
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Haha. You really make me laugh, without even trying I bet. You don't have to worry about answering, I know you won't. PS. I did answer your question. I said I don't know the answer. I don't know the ratio of man made vs natural climate change. Do you know why you refuse to believe that climate change could possibly be caused by us.
    Lets try this again, my question wasn't specifically directed to you,therefore you had no obligation to respond and no reason to if you didn't have a answer. . However you chose to post a comment that didn't answer my question and added absolutely NOTHING to the discussion, except.... Perhaps you were using your non-answer as a way to redirect the conversation. Sorry , I refuse to entertain or fall for your redirection.
    As for answering your question, I already told you when I will...
    As for your last sentence...Why are you putting words in my mouth...????
    P.S. Glad you find it amusing when someone refuses to accept your non-answer as an answer..

  6. #346
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,484
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Lets try this again, my question wasn't specifically directed to you,therefore you had no obligation to respond and no reason to if you didn't have a answer. . However you chose to post a comment that didn't answer my question and added absolutely NOTHING to the discussion, except.... Perhaps you were using your non-answer as a way to redirect the conversation. Sorry , I refuse to entertain or fall for your redirection.
    As for answering your question, I already told you when I will...
    As for your last sentence...Why are you putting words in my mouth...????
    P.S. Glad you find it amusing when someone refuses to accept your non-answer as an answer..
    Admitting I don't know something is a legitimate answer whether you accept it or not is on you. You can talk in circles all you want, all I want to know is if believe that we have no effect on our environment.
    And you will have to explain to me where I was trying to put words in your mouth
    Last edited by copier addict; 02-01-2019 at 08:25 AM.

  7. #347
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Admitting I don't know something is a legitimate answer whether you accept it or not is on you. You can talk in circles all you want, all I want to know is if believe that we have no effect on our environment.
    And you will have to explain to me where I was trying to put words in your mouth
    So by your logic anything you post to a question is an answer , even if the "answer" didn't actually answer the question , which it didn't...Got it.

    As for you putting words in my mouth....You wrote "Now, tell me how you believe polluting the world over the last several hundred years has no effect."
    Where in my post did I say this??? Please use full quotes.

  8. #348
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    So, the earth has been experiencing climate change from it's birth, no denying this...However , I have what should be a simple question to those that believe mankind is responsible for "climate change" . What percentage of the current "climate change" is caused by human activity . Please provide an actual percentage number and references.
    Although your question is simple, the answer is far too complex to type out a few words in this Forum.

    I recommend you read this link.

    Analysis: Why scientists think 100% of global warming is due to humans | Carbon Brief

  9. #349
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,484
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    So by your logic anything you post to a question is an answer , even if the "answer" didn't actually answer the question , which it didn't...Got it.

    As for you putting words in my mouth....You wrote "Now, tell me how you believe polluting the world over the last several hundred years has no effect."
    Where in my post did I say this??? Please use full quotes.
    So, if I ask you the ratio of yellow to green bananas harvested each year and you say "I don't know". That isn't a legitimate answer? The question you asked is basically unanswerable which I am pretty sure you already know. Yes, the question is simple but the answer isn't. As for putting words in your mouth, you have inferred that you don't believe in man made climate change. I appologise if I am wrong. If I'm wrong why the heck are we having this discussion?

  10. #350
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    So, if I ask you the ratio of yellow to green bananas harvested each year and you say "I don't know". That isn't a legitimate answer? The question you asked is basically unanswerable which I am pretty sure you already know. Yes, the question is simple but the answer isn't. As for putting words in your mouth, you have inferred that you don't believe in man made climate change. I appologise if I am wrong. If I'm wrong why the heck are we having this discussion?
    On the contrary, it is a legitimate answer because you specifically directed and asked the the question of me. However , as I previously responded ,my question was not specifically directed to you , yet you responded with what is essential useless information as it pertains to the question. I hope you finally recognize the difference. Why you choose to post irrelevant information is only known to you..
    So far, the only discussion we have been having is about your "answer" and your accusations.

    P.S So if the question I asked is "basically unanswerable" how can anybody say with certainty that "climate change " is the responsibility of mankind...Just asking basic simple questions...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here