Page 36 of 107 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
    Technician

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

If you look back on the history of the earth, there used to be much more CO2 in the atmosphere. Plant's evolved to use lignin in combination with cellulose to produce a stronger structure (aka trees). When these plants died, the bacteria that used to decompose them could not digest the lignin so they simply did no decompose and over thousands of years drained the atmosphere of CO2 and "polluted" it with excess oxygen. The non-decomposed plants became coal / oil locking the CO2 in the ground instead of the air.

So at this point we are essentially reversing that process by burning coal / oil. It's not something the planet hasn't seen before, and it probably will have some impact on the environment. But IMO, i think we should be more worried about the other by products of burning fossil fuels that actually harm us directly in high quantities. I think climate change could be likely accelerated by us, but i also feel it is wildly overblown to further political and economic focused agendas.

It's a big game of no one really knows what will happen. As far as recent storms and such, we've equally devastating events before oil became the staple of our society. It's easy to forget the past because these things were much less publicized without TV, Phones, Internet, etc...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

The answer to your question from the link that I provided is:

"While there are natural factors that affect the Earth’s climate, the combined influence of volcanoes and changes in solar activity would have resulted in cooling rather than warming over the past 50 years.

The global warming witnessed over the past 150 years matches nearly perfectly what is expected from greenhouse gas emissions and other human activity, both in the simple model examined here and in more complex climate models. The best estimate of the human contribution to modern warming is around 100%.

Some uncertainty remains due to the role of natural variability, but researchers suggest that ocean fluctuations and similar factors are unlikely to be the cause of more than a small fraction of modern global warming."

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    On the contrary, it is a legitimate answer because you specifically directed and asked the the question of me. However , as I previously responded ,my question was not specifically directed to you , yet you responded with what is essential useless information as it pertains to the question. I hope you finally recognize the difference. Why you choose to post irrelevant information is only known to you..
    So far, the only discussion we have been having is about your "answer" and your accusations.

P.S So if the question I asked is "basically unanswerable" how can anybody say with certainty that "climate change " is the responsibility of mankind...Just asking basic simple questions...
    And around and around we go. Lol. As I mentioned in a prior post, the speed at which the change of climate is happening is pretty compelling.
    I asked you a simple question which you can't seem to answer. That's fine though.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    And around and around we go. Lol. As I mentioned in a prior post, the speed at which the change of climate is happening is pretty compelling.
    I asked you a simple question which you can't seem to answer. That's fine though.
    And around and around you go with your redirection/deflection and non-answers.....What a surprise.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    And around and around you go with your redirection/deflection and non-answers.....What a surprise.
    I'm really not sure what you consider redirection, so just read all of your post in this thread over the last couple days and you will understand.

The US military now considers climate change to be one of their top threats in the world.

YouTube

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The US military now considers climate change to be one of their top threats in the world.

YouTube
    My Dad was an Engineer for the military and he has been watching the record amount of snowfall and rain we have been getting. He seems to think that the immediate threat to the US, right now, is the melting snow and rain fall that could possibly flood out the entire center of the US and Eastern Seaboard in the next few months as some dams and levees he has helped engineer have already been damaged by record amounts of water and some of the flooding that is occurring at this time.

The Trump Administration announced today its formal intention to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord.

US begins formal withdrawal from Paris climate accord - CNNPolitics

The timing is exactly one day after the next President of the USA is elected in Nov 2020.

The Trump Administration has seemingly made it a top priority to roll back environmental regulations.

The U.S. Is the Biggest Carbon Polluter in History.

The U.S. Is the Biggest Carbon Polluter in History. It Just Walked Away From the Paris Climate Deal. - The New York Times

The administration's announcement comes at a time when signals indicate Trump's climate policy is increasingly at odds with public opinion, with polls showing that a majority of Americans are concerned about global warming.

A poll conducted by the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication earlier this year showed that about 7 in 10 Americans think global warming is happening, and at least 6 in 10 are "somewhat worried" about it.

There is also the growing youth-led environmental movement that has drawn millions into the streets around the world to demand climate action from world leaders, another sign of growing global angst about the state of the planet. And in recent months, increasingly dire scientific reports have sounded alarm bells about the state of the planet's oceans and polar regions.

So when voters go to the voting booth they will be deciding about the potential environmental future of the planet.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Every time there is a new heat temp record,broke the record from say 1933,it must be global warming. Or we see a storm like we have not seen since the late 1800s,must be global warming. Well how come all these records are from way back in the past ,some before cars and everything else going on today. Like they say,we have been warming since the ice age.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Every time there is a new heat temp record,broke the record from say 1933,it must be global warming. Or we see a storm like we have not seen since the late 1800s,must be global warming. Well how come all these records are from way back in the past ,some before cars and everything else going on today. Like they say,we have been warming since the ice age.
    ... so do you consider yourself to be a climate change denier?