Page 39 of 107 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

If you Google "is climate change one of the top issues in voters minds in the 2020 US Presidential elections"

you will find many websites all saying the same thing

Climate change is a Top 10 concern for most Americans!

You are entitled to your beliefs just not your facts.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    You don't have to "believe" anything about climate change, it has always and always will be changing. The amount of carbon in a gallon of gasoline is the same amount of carbon it was when the dinosaurs and the plants used the suns energy to store the carbon. We are utilizing the stored energy to create better living conditions and quality of life for humanity. Ever stop to think that maybe the changes you see may well be the natural way we evolve to feed and support BILLIONS of humans. With rising oceans there is more water available to grow crops, longer growing seasons in areas, warmer winters mean less energy used to heat our homes and businesses. Just a few years ago the drought map of the US was pretty extensive, California, parts of the Midwest and the South.

What I do believe that is any of the self anointed "climate change experts" make false predictions (and they do so repeatedly with impunity) that we sew their mouths shut and make all their future communications come out the other end as thats where the predictions came from.

Guess you DON"T believe the science that smoking is bad, or some products cause cancer? Or 1,000 of other things that are bad for you that the government controls ,bans or has regulations. Some once believed the earth was flat. Guessing your still one of them! Maybe we should bring back copier selenium drums?

I saw a video the other day about how the ozone layer has been restored and combined with greenhouse gases is reflecting the sun's rays, causing the sun to overheat and is now effecting life on the other planets in our solar system. We need to start taxing the populatiins of north korea, iran, bolivia, Philippines, and Haiti to correct this.

And by the way, all Ricoh, Canon, and HP techs out there are contributing to ozone depletion by servicing direct contact drum charging systems insetad of the ozone creating corona technology.

If you thought for a second it was real science you wouldn't have to " believe" in it. The manufactured science being reported is based on computer models. The facts are that since the outlawing of quicksilver the temperature measurements have required a power source and have been measuring more urban temps rather than more rural areas. There has been a large cooling area over the midwest due to the expansive farming operations in Iowa and surrounding states. If you are really concerned about our habitat you should try to do something about the Fukishima Nuclear Power Plant's continuous leak of radiation into the Pacific Ocean. Check the map of the plume of radiation that has spread in the last 9 years. There is a real issue that is man made and needs addressing.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

If you thought for a second it was real science you wouldn't have to " believe" in it. The manufactured science being reported is based on computer models. The facts are that since the outlawing of quicksilver the temperature measurements have required a power source and have been measuring more urban temps rather than more rural areas. There has been a large cooling area over the midwest due to the expansive farming operations in Iowa and surrounding states. If you are really concerned about our habitat you should try to do something about the Fukishima Nuclear Power Plant's continuous leak of radiation into the Pacific Ocean. Check the map of the plume of radiation that has spread in the last 9 years. There is a real issue that is man made and needs addressing.
    Well, there are also people who "believe" a man walked on water, turned water into wine, could raise the dead and had a virgin mother. Lol
    Your argument that the climate is always changing is true. The issue isn't the change, it is the speed of the change. Instead of taking thousands of years, it is happening in hundreds of years.

Well every prediction made has been off by at least a factor of ten so we are still talking thousands.

I am not a scientist but I talk to people. Even my Russian friends told me that it's warmer this winter than usually. It concerns me a lot. I have property in Greece here and there was no winter this year at all, feels like middle of spring.

Technician

Not all..but most of climate changes associated with long-term careless actions made by human..

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

I saw a video the other day about how the ozone layer has been restored and combined with greenhouse gases is reflecting the sun's rays, causing the sun to overheat and is now effecting life on the other planets in our solar system.
    Really? Overheating the sun? Life on the other planets? (although I can't discount the POSSIBILITY of past or present life on other planets in our system).
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Byzzo View Post
    I am not a scientist but I talk to people. Even my Russian friends told me that it's warmer this winter than usually. It concerns me a lot. I have property in Greece here and there was no winter this year at all, feels like middle of spring.
    weather is CYCLICAL ... it does not remain constant from year to year.