Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Not only does algae use CO2 to grow, it releases oxygen in the process. CO2 to also used by all surface plant life to grow and in doing so, also release oxygen. Man's production of CO2 is not the primary cause of rising CO2 levels. Man's production of CO2, other than that which we produce just by breathing, has been declining. The increase in CO2 levels has not. What has been happening is the continuing loss of surface plant life, i.e. deforestation.
    FAO -Â*News Article:Â*World deforestation slows down as more forests are better managed
    A very weird fact about North America is there are actually more forested acres now than in colonial times. Generally because of two reasons. National parks and commercial forestry. There are large areas in the west and in the Appalachian regions that are protected from commercial forestry because they are in national parks and wildlife areas. And there have been forests planted by lumber and paper companies to replace what they harvested and expand their access to more lumber. These are also regulated to minimize the effect on the local water shed. That however is opposite of the general trend worldwide.

https://www.bugwood.org/intensive/my..._u_s__for.html

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I used to believe that man might have had something to do with the climate, until the Mars Rover came along!!

Nobody could explain to me to my satisfaction that is Mankind WERE causing "Climate Change", then why was it that the temperatures on the planet Mars would rise and fall at the exact same rate as they do here on Earth??

...someone suggested they might have left the engine running on the Mars Rover...but I discounted that.

Here's the "Other side of the story"...

https://www.aninconsistenttruth.com/
    I do believe someone else in another thread has pointed this out too.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you believe that Climate Change is real and caused by mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Not only does algae use CO2 to grow, it releases oxygen in the process. CO2 to also used by all surface plant life to grow and in doing so, also release oxygen. Man's production of CO2 is not the primary cause of rising CO2 levels. Man's production of CO2, other than that which we produce just by breathing, has been declining. The increase in CO2 levels has not. What has been happening is the continuing loss of surface plant life, i.e. deforestation.
    FAO -Â*News Article:Â*World deforestation slows down as more forests are better managed
    True, algae produces oxygen, but my thought is if it gets too much CO2 could it potentially become so healthy that it fills the oceans? I don't mean that as a joke, it is something I am curious about.
    And just to clarify, deforestation could be considered an example of man made climate change. Lol

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/re..._u_s__for.html
    I probably would have supported these 'facts' verses 'myths', if this report had been updated since 2003, and the 'facts' had referenced a study or paper from any source that could be researched. None of the tabs, such as, 'about', 'home', etc. work, so it is difficult to verify claims of 'fact'.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Here is a link that is interesting reading: No Data Manipulation at NOAA - FactCheck.org Please, read to the end; I am aware this was funded by a CBS former president.
    Whether, you agree or not, 'facts' can be 'proved' one way or another.
    So, what is the absolute, utilmate 'fact' that can be accepted by the 'deniers', and the 'scientists' that can be agreed on, so a resolution of what is needed to fix this problem?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Yale University in Connecticut offers a program on Climate Change Communication. They recently completed a survey on the opinions of Floridians about their beliefs on climate change.

Yale surveyed 18,000 people and have produced the below opinion map. You can easily adjust the drop down boxes to find out what people think about various climate change questions in your area of the USA.

Yale Climate Opinion Maps - U.S. 2016 - Yale Program on Climate Change Communication

Public Opinion Estimates, United States, 2016

The recently updated Yale Climate Opinion Maps offer insights about Floridians’ current climate change beliefs, risk perceptions, and policy support, and the potential for change in the wake of Irma. As of 2016, Floridians fall right in line with the national average on their belief in global warming: 70% believe it is happening. Yet, although much of the state is at risk from sea level rise and/or hurricanes, fewer than half (41%) of Floridians believe that global warming will harm them personally, and only slightly more than half (57%) are worried about global warming. At the same time, large majorities of Floridians support climate policies. 82% support funding more research into renewable energy sources and 75% would like to regulate carbon dioxide as a pollutant.

I suspect these numbers will change in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey & Irma.

I have to say, that is one of the worst 'cut & paste' post I have ever tried to figure out.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

The original cut and paste looked worse. Something about the copytechnet website changes the appearance of pastes.

Check the link, you can find people's opinion on climate change in the county you live in.

Yale Climate Opinion Maps - U.S. 2016 - Yale Program on Climate Change Communication

Tks, I can get it now.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I used to get angry at the cut and paste way of communicating. Especially by certain Canadians. Then I heard something on the radio last night that kind of put it all in perspective.

Canadians, unlike Americans, don't have a spelled out freedom of speech.

If you're caught in Canada saying something contrary to leftist beliefs, you can be arrested for hate speech. That is why SalesServiceGuy can't articulate any thought. Because Big Brother is on his back. No one there is ALLOWED to think.