View Poll Results: Global Warming ???

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naturally Occurring?

30 42.86%
  • Man Made (emissions, population, reduced rain Forrest) ?

30 42.86%
  • Not Happening !

10 14.29%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Global Warming???

You know Greta Thunberg doesn’t actually go to school right? She’s on a year long sabbatical.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Global Warming???

Quote Originally Posted by morgansterne View Post
    You know Greta Thunberg doesn’t actually go to school right? She’s on a year long sabbatical.
    I wonder how the school survives, their one knowledgeable teacher down.

&

Happy New Year
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Global Warming???

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I searched for years of any evidence for the moon landing, I have been to many observatories with high powered telescopes looking for the flag, tracks, rovers, etc.....nothing. When I asked, I was told by many astronomers, who by the way are highly educated in their fields, that you could not even see these things though the Hubble telescope. So I call bull-crap on your statement
    You didn't mention the Lunar Recon Orbiter Pics. This image was taken of the Apollo 11 lunar module and other stuff, around 15 miles above the surface. Very cool.
    https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/628457main1_Apollo_11-670.jpg

https://www.skyandtelescope.com/obse...landing-sites/
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Global Warming???

Really, quite a disgusting cartoon!

Climate change investing catching on with millennials who believe it is pressing and profitable!

Climate change investing catches on with millennials

• As climate warnings become more dire, investors have become more interested in climate change-related investments, which did well in 2019 but haven’t had a good track record longer term.
    • In the past year, some climate change ETFs have outperformed and analysts expect the climate change theme to become a much bigger part of the stock market, taking its place as a large part of ESG investing and individual sectors.
    • The focus on climate is moving away from the traditional energy and alternative energy plays, with the financial sector increasing its focus on investments and risks related to climate.
    • The millennial investor is the most interested in impact investing, with nearly 90% setting it as a first investment criteria.“I think in this coming decade, it’s going to be one of the most important elements that investors will start looking at. It’s very key. We saw a massive increase in interest in the last year or so,” . “It’s not our kids’ and grandkids’ problem any more. People are beginning to understand it’s our problem. It’s in this decade.”

Climate change jumped to the top theme in November, from number five a year earlier.

"Climate change is accelerating, which is not only raising media and policy attention but also increases the odds of real change in policy, behavior, and technology,”

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Global Warming???

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Really, quite a disgusting cartoon!

Climate change investing catching on with millennials who believe it is pressing and profitable!

Climate change investing catches on with millennials

• As climate warnings become more dire, investors have become more interested in climate change-related investments, which did well in 2019 but haven’t had a good track record longer term.
    • In the past year, some climate change ETFs have outperformed and analysts expect the climate change theme to become a much bigger part of the stock market, taking its place as a large part of ESG investing and individual sectors.
    • The focus on climate is moving away from the traditional energy and alternative energy plays, with the financial sector increasing its focus on investments and risks related to climate.
    • The millennial investor is the most interested in impact investing, with nearly 90% setting it as a first investment criteria.“I think in this coming decade, it’s going to be one of the most important elements that investors will start looking at. It’s very key. We saw a massive increase in interest in the last year or so,” . “It’s not our kids’ and grandkids’ problem any more. People are beginning to understand it’s our problem. It’s in this decade.”

Climate change jumped to the top theme in November, from number five a year earlier.

"Climate change is accelerating, which is not only raising media and policy attention but also increases the odds of real change in policy, behavior, and technology,”

The one thing I really don't understand is why there isn't government investment in carbon capture. It really seems like it could be a big part of the solution. Instead they seem to think more taxation will solve climate change.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The one thing I really don't understand is why there isn't government investment in carbon capture. It really seems like it could be a big part of the solution. Instead they seem to think more taxation will solve climate change.
    Can you think of one program our
    Government runs effectively, efficiently ,works and does what was it's original intent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Government runs effectively, efficiently ,works and does what was it's original intent ?
    Thousands of them! Try something New for you Google!
    Here's One Trump’s $16 billion farm bailout will make rich farmers richer, report says

While the top 1 percent of recipients received on average more than $180,000 each, farmers in the bottom 80 percent on average received less than $5,000.

The Trump administration last week revealed details of a $16 billion aid package for farmers hit in the U.S.-China trade war, with key provisions meant to avoid large corporations scooping up big payouts at the expense of small farmers.

According to a report released Tuesday by the nonprofit Environmental Working Group (EWG), most of the $8.4 billion given out so far in last year’s farm bailout went to wealthy farmers, exacerbating the economic disparity with smaller farmers.

Trump’s $28 Billion Bet That Rural America Will Stick With Him
    Farmers caught in the trade war have become dependent on government payments.

Any Adult for President 2020
    Last edited by bsm2; 01-02-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Global Warming???

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post

Any Adult for President 2020
    so what you are saying is.....

BSM2 isn't even in consideration to be president.. due to lack of qualifications

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Global Warming???

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I'm not suggesting they run it. Geez, everything government touches turns to crap. I'm just saying they should invest in companies developing this technology.
    Carbon capture does what it says. Removes carbon from the atmosphere. Done on a large enough scale it seems like it could definitely lower the amount of carbon and thus reducing the greenhouse effect a little.
    I realise carbon isn't the only greenhouse gas, but you gotta start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so what you are saying is.....

BSM2 isn't even in consideration to be president.. due to lack of qualifications

Guess I hit a nerve! HA HA HA HA HA Yep I never been Impeached! HA HA HAHAHA
    Any Adult for President 2020 Tick tock! 305 days until election!