Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you believe in medical marijuana?

Re: Do you believe in medical marijuana?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramade View Post
    Naturally, I can say without a doubt that I believe in medical marijuana because I have used various products made from 100% marijuana. And I have been thrilled with every product. The oil, for example, it's very soothing, uplifting; it makes you feel so relaxed, you start to appreciate every minute of your life. Almost everyone knows about the beneficial properties of cannabis, and it's not just weed, which you can smoke with your friends and get high as you like (and I don't have anything against that either). And this is the opinion I have about it after talking to Jennifer Anyabuine - Health Blogger.
    I recommend you watch this documentary.

The Truth about CBD

CBD is found everywhere, from chocolate bars to pet treats, from face masks to moisturizers and bath bombs; and while CBD itself holds real medicinal promise, a Marketplace investigation has found hundreds of illegal CBD products for sale in a thriving Canadian black market. Going undercover, we found products are easily available and salespeople willing to make extravagant and illicit health claims that often ignore or avoid mention of negative interactions. While we look to CBD for its promise as a health remedy, Marketplace has found there’s no control over what goes into the illegal black market products - and no legal way to test th

MARKETPLACE

The Truth About CBD

https://gem.cbc.ca/media/marketplace/s49e04

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

.........."The full Gem experience is not available outside of Canada."

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    .........."The full Gem experience is not available outside of Canada."

Hans
    CBC is Canada's national broadcaster and I believe most of their reporting to be accurate.

CBD is now found in everything from shampoo to dog treats and is presented as having superior, natural medicinal qualities at above market prices.

CBC purchased a variety of over the counter CBD products, had them tested in a certified laboratory and found that the actual average content was far below claims.

One CBC employee had problems with sleeping and purchased some CDB product that claimed to help improve his condition. After several months at $150.00 per month of trying the recommended product and dosage, he could not tell the difference.

Often CBD products had traces of THC.

CBD products like lotions and creams were found to be especially ineffective.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    CBC is Canada's national broadcaster and I believe most of their reporting to be accurate.

CBD is now found in everything from shampoo to dog treats and is presented as having superior, natural medicinal qualities at above market prices.

CBC purchased a variety of over the counter CBD products, had them tested in a certified laboratory and found that the actual average content was far below claims.

One CBC employee had problems with sleeping and purchased some CDB product that claimed to help improve his condition. After several months at $150.00 per month of trying the recommended product and dosage, he could not tell the difference.

Often CBD products had traces of THC.

CBD products like lotions and creams were found to be especially ineffective.
    Just from my own experience I use CBD capsules for joint pain. I find it works very well. I use it so I don't have to take naproxen. Naproxen is an NSAID and they can cause gastrointestinal issues. So if I don't have to take one I call it a win.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Full disclosure: I'm for all drugs being legal. At the same time, I hate all illegal drugs with a passion and would discourage anyone from using.

With that out of the way, over the past decade, it seems like I've heard that medical marihuana will cure everything from baldness to impotence and everything in between.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SamHanson View Post
    What about cbd nutritional supplements? Are they really as effective as people write about it in different sources.

Just like everything else, you will have to try it yourself to find out if it is effective.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simphony View Post
    How one can be sure that you are not lying about the quality of the products?
    He's one of the regular spammers on here. Give him a wide berth

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holmsky View Post
    It can be difficultwhen the day didn't work out from the very beginning. On days like these, I personally don't smoke cannabis, but I usually use raw cbd pre rolls CBD Pre Rolls - AskGrowers just to relieve stress, and you know, it helps me feel amazing. I am really grateful for the opportunity given to me.
    Shove tour spam up your ass.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Another potential phishing spam post.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Cannabis is having a senior moment

Prior to filming our first documentary on cannabis a decade ago, I was highly skeptical about its use as a medicine. I had even written a story for Time magazine a few years earlier to make the case that the evidence simply wasn’t there.

But, as so often happens when we start to dig into things, a different picture started to emerge. I traveled the world, visited tiny labs and, most important, spent time with patients — even young children — who changed my mind. I came to the realization that in some cases, not only did cannabis provide relief, it was the only thing that did so.

Yes, there are real risks, as with most things. And of course, it’s not a panacea. Nothing is.

While it is not something that will work for everyone, that should not mean it isn’t available to anyone.

Over the past few decades, we have experienced one of the most significant and uneven legal evolutions ever seen in the United States. Up until 1996, there wasn’t a single state that had legalized cannabis for any purpose, but now 38 states and the District of Columbia have some form of cannabis legally available, while it remains a Schedule I substance federally: “drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse.“

The dissonance is deafening. In some states, it is still a crime to carry cannabis as a medicine, even if it quells the seizures of a small child.

Most remarkable to me is the demographic switch. Seniors — people over the age of 65 — are now the fastest growing group of cannabis users in the United States. Right now, we are witnessing a sort of “senior moment.” Honestly, it blows my mind.

People who grew up during the war on drugs and were in the formative years of their life when they experienced the impact of “Reefer Madness” are now willing to try cannabis, often for the first time. More often than not, according to recent studies, seniors use cannabis daily to help address some of the nuisances of aging: poor sleep, aches and pains, mood. And they regularly prefer it over the other medications they were often prescribed, such as sleeping pills, antidepressants and even opioids.

It’s why I decided to venture around the world again for our latest documentary, “Weed 7: A Senior Moment.” If it is true that cannabis could help decrease the number of medications seniors are taking, that could have tremendous implications.

Since 2020, The United States has spent $4 trillion a year on health care, of which almost $580 billion was spent on pharmaceuticals alone in 2021. When it comes to seniors, 30% of people over the age of 65 take five or more pharmaceuticals every day. But as they have increasingly turned to cannabis instead of pills, the expectation is that prescribed medication use may decrease.
    As you will hear in the documentary, we witnessed a story emerge of more plants, fewer pills.

I also heard incredible personal stories – people like super congenial Ken Tillman, 94 years old, pretty healthy, still driving his nice Cadillac around Palm Beach, Florida. The first time he went to a dispensary, he was reluctant, shy and even a little embarrassed. The day I met him, however, he showed me around his dispensary, cracked jokes with the budtenders and was very specific about the strain he wanted: “mostly CBD, but some THC as well,” he told me.
    He never even considered cannabis until he was 91. “Would never touch the stuff,” he told me.

“What made you start?” I asked.

“Sleep,” he said. “Just kept waking up in the middle of the night.”

Like one-third of the global population, Ken had developed terrible insomnia, and it was getting worse as he was getting older. None of the medications prescribed for him provided real relief, either not really working or keeping him groggy too far into the next day.

The hardest and most frightening thing about Ken’s insomnia is where his mind would take him while he lay awake in bed. He told me that in those moments, he started to ask the particularly haunting questions of life. “What are the things I wish I had done but no longer have the time to do?”

“Could’ve, should’ve, would’ve” was how Ken described it, with tears in his eyes. Honestly, it was painful to listen to someone who has come to the realization that too much time has passed to fulfill their dreams and visions.
    But, here’s the thing: The story turned out well for Ken. With cannabis, not only did his sleep improve for the first time, but his existential anxiety was also quieted. For Ken, cannabis was far more than a sleep supplement. Again, it’s not to say everyone will have such a profound response, but for Ken, it was the only thing that really worked.

Part of the problem is that for many medications, we have a pretty clear idea of how they function. With cannabis, however, consisting of more than 100 cannabinoids and more than 400 other compounds, it is more complicated.
    It often surprises people when I tell them that we have an endocannabinoid system. That means we humans have receptors for cannabinoids, and we even make cannabinoids ourselves. We are little cannabis-creating and -consuming creatures.

The purpose of the endocannabinoid system, according to esteemed Israeli researcher Dr. Dedi Meiri, is not to treat any particular ailment but rather to create balance in the body, known as homeostasis. It is when that homeostasis is lost, he says, that we become more susceptible to those nuisances of aging: sleep, pain, mood. As you probably surmised by now, as we get older, we make fewer of those cannabinoids, become deficient and increasingly lose the homeostasis. It is why Meiri recommended that his own mother use cannabis for her sleep issues.

Once again: a plant instead of pills. Perhaps the biggest change I have seen over the past 10 years is the face of cannabis. For me, it has always been Charlotte Figi, a sweet little girl who had so many seizures that her mom would just put her in the baby carrier, and feel her tremble all day long.
    Nothing worked for her until one day, her mom, Paige, created a cannabis concoction in their kitchen sink, getting instructions off a YouTube video. Charlotte’s seizures went from more than 300 a week to practically none. I visited her over the Christmas holiday a couple years later, and she happily grabbed my hand and led me around a neighborhood party, something her family never imagined possible. Even though she sadly passed away a few years ago, Charlotte’s Web, a strain of cannabis created especially for her, still lives on.

Now, however, the face of cannabis also includes someone like “Mama Sue” Taylor. She’s a 75-year-old former Catholic high school teacher who was the one typically admonishing people for any sort of drug use at all. For her, cannabis had been no different than heroin or cocaine. But, like me, she started to dig into the research, talk to people and see its impact particularly on seniors.

She has now become an unlikely ambassador for cannabis across the United States, telling the first-hand stories of countless senior adults helped by cannabis and able to discontinue some of their other medications.