Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Smoking?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Smoking?

Re: Smoking?

What stopped my dad from smoking was seeing the neighbour die from lung cancer when he was pretty young.
    The poor guy wasted away over a very short space of time leaving his young wife and two little kids.

That kind of thing sobers you up pretty quickly. He never touched one since.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Now in full mode quitting this super bad habit but its a struggle.
    Every time I've relapse it gets harder to do!

Attempt number one:
    Made weak tea from tobacco and used it to fight the cravings. Tastes like crap and the after sharing this with a doctor the told my i was mad.
    Worked well stopped for a year.

Two:
    Used a alcohol based product called "Quit". Works well but gave me instant hiccups.
    Stopped for 8 months.

Three:
    Tried vaping. Not the same punch and found it to be worse, as long as the battery is ok you can simply press a button and suck i was smoking more than ever.
    Especially while driving looks like the car is on fire.
    And if the batteries quit on you its back to cigarettes.

Four:
    Used only the vape liquid with nicotine on the tongue, same hiccup problem. Worked for a month.

So cold turkey without killing someone?

Any smokers here struggling? Any ex-smokers with good advice?
    Would like to hear from you.

Smoking in my experience is common among techs especially here. Wonder why that is?

went pretty much the route as you, couldn't kick it,finally talked to doc and got the script for chantix, did the three month routine twice relapsed both times, then did a 9 month script and haven't had a cig in over 7 years.

good luck and dont quit quitting. sooner or later you will find something that works

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    went pretty much the route as you, couldn't kick it,finally talked to doc and got the script for chantix, did the three month routine twice relapsed both times, then did a 9 month script and haven't had a cig in over 7 years.

good luck and dont quit quitting. sooner or later you will find something that works

Really don't like that class of script meds. Saw how stuff like epelim an seroquel change people irreversibly.
    Chatix is in the same class of brain altering meds, but so is nicotine...

My friend quit after the first 3 months using chatix and never touched a cig again, its been 5 years for him.
    So i am not educated enough to judge on that. It works!
    Whatever

Great stuff 2 weeks now without this stuff. Ozonateing my house car and clothes helped a lot to get rid of the smell.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Smoking?

Congratulations. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Smoking?

Now in full mode quitting this super bad habit but its a struggle.
    Every time I've relapse it gets harder to do!

Attempt number one:
    Made weak tea from tobacco and used it to fight the cravings. Tastes like crap and the after sharing this with a doctor the told my i was mad.
    Worked well stopped for a year.
    Wow, obviously you're not dead, congrats, but please NO ONE ingest tobacco. It's extremely toxic.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

For what it's worth a friend , who happens to be a Dr, smoked 2-3 packs a day for 20 years and quit cold turkey..This was 30 years ago. I asked him how he did it and told that mentally he prepared himself ahead of time for the mental and physical anguish withdraw will bring...Impressive....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Great stuff 2 weeks now without this stuff. Ozonateing my house car and clothes helped a lot to get rid of the smell.
    Way to go Allan stick with it. 30 plus year smoker, I am nicotine free cold turkey for 2 years almost to the day, took me many times trying, in the end you really just have to want to stop. taking pills and gums or patches is replacing one habit with another.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

In my opinion, vaping really is the best way to stop smoking. I was smoking between 20-30 cigs a day at the height of my habit, then I gave a proper vaporiser a shot, with 24mg liquid. I now run a Smok Mag with a Uwell Valyrian on top of it, usually with a Heisenberg. The worst thing you can do is use an e-cig or vaporiser with tobacco flavoured or liquid that isn't strong enough. As you taper down the liquid strength gradually, then you can go to zero nicotine, then just stop using it. If battery life is an issue, don't use a sub-ohm tank or get a mod with a massive battery, like the Teslacigs Three.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Yea wow thanks for the support.

Going on past 3 weeks and know I am done inhaling any kind of smoke willfully! Living next to a petroleum refinery is bad enough.
    So i am cheating. Using vape drops orally and topically but already forgetting to use it especially at night.
    The flavors tastes ok and replaces the sweets and other stuff that would have taken that place anyway.

After 29 years of smoking its something awesome not to, ill take that as a victory.
    Must admit getting a little agitated but dealing with that.

About consuming tabaco orally, sure the FDA approved of much worse before
    Whatever