Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Smoking?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Smoking?

Feel free to update, especially if it helps. This forum is getting me closer to finally doing something about my decades old habit as well. Made a point to only bring a small number of smokes with me and keeping notes today.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    DAY ONE! Cold Turkey. Pray for the customers.
    And don't worry, I won't give a day by day update.
    Good luck! If you end up with a strong urge to light up that won't go away, just picture taking your tongue and licking a stinking ashtray full of disgusting cigarette butts, be aware of how awful it would taste, and then picture yourself actually vomiting from it. You can program your own mind. Or, just convince yourself that you're going to have a f&#king heart attack and die if you smoke one more coffin nail. That works too. I still havent smoked since the first week of June, and I decreased the level of nicotine in my vape 2 weeks ago. Things are going well, it's all doo-able.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    DAY ONE! Cold Turkey. Pray for the customers.
    And don't worry, I won't give a day by day update.
    Hey go ahead and update as much as you want. part of quitting is support and we are gonna be here to encourage and help you along. Those of us that have quit know just how rough it can be and know how much having someone wishing you well and pulling for you means to the relieve the lonely time when there is that "well it will be just one to get over the urge to have one to tide me over for a day or so." You just take whatever time and update as often as you want we will be there to cheer you on and give you a virtual high five way to go congratulation post.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Smoking?

Another spammer from "London"
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

When you were 5 years old did you drink or smoke.

Just stop wasting money and time that has ZERO benfits

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts masterchill's Avatar

You have to really want to do it. I came to a point that it was not enjoyable for me any more and I quit cold turkey. Once you do you have to fill that time with something (pick up a hobby ,do the projects you been meaning to do) . You have to keep your mind occupied with something other than thinking about smoking. I would have to say I became more productive once I stopped. I also had a dart league that was in a bar that was a smoking inside bar and that also helped me beat it because I became use to being around it and turned me off even more because you really stink being in a place like that when you get home. Now I am not saying it was easy but its now been 8 years and I have no urges anymore or any will to smoke again. Good luck with this. Hope you are able to kick it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit148 View Post
    I stopped years ago. Didn't use any patches or gum but did use a lot of tooth picks and or plastic drink stirrers. Seemed to help a lot with keeping my hands & mouth busy. Putting them in my mouth & messing with them with my smoking hand. Plus if i got a bad urge to smoke being in a certain environment I would leave the place right away.
    And 1 more thing i started trying to quit when I had a bad cold, I think the first few days were a little easier because of the coughing and hacking and throat already hurting. You really have to want to quit. And be prepared to really fight the urges.
    My father was a lifelong smoker (He said he started at about five years old). He claimed quitting was EASY! He quit MANY times over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I got worried too about customers thinking I stunk. So what helped me quit was taking a new focus on my appearance. Nice clothes, better haircut and getting some nice cologne. Now, I interact with them more confidently and don't have to stay a few steps away.

Hello! I am happy that more and more people are becoming non-smokers! And yes, I agree with you, that much better to focus on our appearance than smoke and not care about ourselves. I wanted to look fresher and fell in love with taper fade haircuts, here https://glaminati.com/taper-fade-haircuts-women I got ideas of this style. Of course, I started to do makeup and bought new trendy clothes. Now I even forget about the time when I did not care about my health and beauty.
    Last edited by LovingPugs; 06-09-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LovingPugs View Post
    Hello! I am happy that more and more people are becoming non-smokers! And yes, I agree with you, that much better to focus on our appearance than smoke and not care about ourselves. I wanted to look fresher and fell in love with taper fade haircuts, here https://glaminati.com/taper-fade-haircuts-women I got ideas of this style. Of course, I started to do makeup and bought new trendy clothes. Now I even forget about the time when I did not care about my health and beauty.
    Boy, and you registered in copier techs forum just to post this
    Another spammer. Get out.

Btw, I think new members must be allowed to post at the beginning only in welcome forum and copier forums not crap everywhere.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Smoking?

The spam is getting out of hand. We need a cleaner.
    Growth is found only in adversity.