Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Anti-vaccine ridiculousness

Re: Anti-vaccine ridiculousness

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Let's keep political views out of this thread. There are enough political threads already.
    Sorry, you are correct. Last thing we need is to start a political fight. I've seen that and as I have posted before I will not argue politics on a copier forum! I blocked at least 2 Dem morons and never posted again in those political threads!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Let's keep political views out of this thread. There are enough political threads already.
    This thread is a current political issue.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Though autism is not directly associated with vaccines, sufficiently high levels of mercury, from thimerosal, is neurotoxic, and probably more toxic in the immature brain. It is this neurotoxicity that could contribute to autism. There are two thing that parents can do to ensure the safety of their children.
    1. When possible, insist on single dose vaccines as they normally do not require the use of thimerosal as a preservative.
    2. When single dose vaccines are not available, do not have multiple vaccines administered at the same time, space them out over a six month to a year time period, in another word do not shotgun all the vaccinations your child needs to start school the week before school starts. FYI multiple disease vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) and DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) are considered single vaccines.

Anyone here had measles, mumps, chicken-pocks, tetanus or any other viral or bacterial illness other that the flu?
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Anyone here had measles, mumps, chicken-pocks, tetanus or any other viral or bacterial illness other that the flu?
    Had the mumps and chickenpox when growing up. And probably the measles too since the vaccine was not developed until I was about eleven and in the fifties the measles were a very common ailment in preschool and elementary school children. They were then considered childhood diseases. I have also had shingles. When I was being treated for the shingles episode my doctor informed me that shingles is quite common in adults who had the chickenpox as a child. Never had tetanus because when I did step on a board with a few rusty nails that got through the soles of my shoe, So immediately right to the doctor and tetanus shot to prevent an infection. Have had quite a few tetanus booster shots over the years too. A lot of those old typewriters had some rusty parts in the that could be sharp. In fact I have also had the new preventative treatment for rabies. Quite a few years ago I was bitten by a stray kitten. There were quite a few feral cats in the area around the shop and there were actual cases of feral cats and raccoons in the area that were infected with rabies. Lucky me they had developed the newer less invasive preventative injections instead of the earlier very very painful treatment. Although they did have to test against a possible allergic reaction to the new treatment. Lucky me I was not allergic so I got the new treatment.

The only thing i needed treatment for was for contracting tetanus, being dumb and malnourished caused it. Was a sheet metal working at the time and all the tiny cuts on my hands was a good place for an infection to take.
    Lock-jaw is no fun. Now now that if you PH balance is correct and you take in lots of vitamin C and the B ranges changes of contracting it is very low.

Had all of the rest and was considered normal growing up stuff.
    Whatever

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Though autism is not directly associated with vaccines, sufficiently high levels of mercury, from thimerosal, is neurotoxic, and probably more toxic in the immature brain. It is this neurotoxicity that could contribute to autism. There are two thing that parents can do to ensure the safety of their children.
    1. When possible, insist on single dose vaccines as they normally do not require the use of thimerosal as a preservative.
    2. When single dose vaccines are not available, do not have multiple vaccines administered at the same time, space them out over a six month to a year time period, in another word do not shotgun all the vaccinations your child needs to start school the week before school starts. FYI multiple disease vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) and DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) are considered single vaccines.
    Everything I have read states that thimerosol is no longer used in childhood vaccines.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    The "study" that associated autism with the vaccines has been proven a falsified data study. Did a quick search and found tons of links with all sorts of different websites debunking the autism study too many to list actually. The actual proof of the effectiveness of vaccines makes no impact on the anti-vaccine crowd. I actually went to school with some students that contracted polio before the vaccine to prevent polio was developed. The worst cases of polio sufferers were not plentiful, And if severe enough they were treated with the dreaded iron lung. And every one of us in school in the fifties had the scar on the upper arm. Heck I still have a very very faint remnant of the polio vaccine scar. In fact the vaccinations were carried out in school classrooms. Of course I also do not remember if there was a religious exemption allowed back then either.

Actual fact is I do tend to avoid vaccinations now. But there have been some stories where people born and attending elementary school in the fifties have immunity from measles due to the back then required vaccinations. Or even actual natural immunity because you actually had a version of the measles and your body has created the anti-bodies naturally. The first time I was required to get a flu vaccination I ended up with walking pneumonia, temp of 102.5 coughing sneezing all the symptoms. Problem was there were actually so many cases at Fort Dix Training Center they only hospitalized you if your temp was 103.5. Less than that you stayed with the rest off the other infected recruits. I have had similar reactions to the flu vaccine three more times when I was required to have one to be able to get onto two of the military basis nearby when we had contracts on equipment on base. Strangely I have had no reactions to vaccines against other illnesses, just the flu vaccinations. Yes I had the shingles vaccination years ago when it was developed.
    In my opinion the flu vaccine is a joke. most years it is well under 50% effective. When I say "well under" I mean around 10%. When it it is constantly 90%+ effective, I will consider it.
    I didn't state it in the opening remark, but I am referring to vaccines for what we consider childhood diseases. measels, chicken pox, polio etc.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

What kind of person denies their children the potential life saving protection of vaccinations?
    In my opinion you would have to be a complete moron to not give your child all the help you can.
    There is zero proof they cause autism, yet these people somehow believe they do.
    The, so called, ethical stand against using a product created from aborted foetuses is a non issue. The cells they use now are so far removed from the original ones they really not even related anymore.
    First, I am by no means an expert on this topic, however, I have been to several lectures on this topic and have done some research independently on my own. I have deducted from my research, that children (new-borns in particular) do not have a developed immune system and the MMR shot is given to them all at once, this dose or doses have been a topic of controversy for quite some time. Instead of giving the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) which is several doses at once....why not break them up and spread them out over a period of time, in turn giving the undeveloped immune system time to recover from each one.
    The CDC has a full list of ingredients of the shots, which I know at one time contained, thimerosal (mercury), aluminum, formaldehyde, and MSG to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    First, I am by no means an expert on this topic, however, I have been to several lectures on this topic and have done some research independently on my own. I have deducted from my research, that children (new-borns in particular) do not have a developed immune system and the MMR shot is given to them all at once, this dose or doses have been a topic of controversy for quite some time. Instead of giving the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) which is several doses at once....why not break them up and spread them out over a period of time, in turn giving the undeveloped immune system time to recover from each one.
    The CDC has a full list of ingredients of the shots, which I know at one time contained, thimerosal (mercury), aluminum, formaldehyde, and MSG to name a few.
    Two big solutions to a problem we face with infant immunity.
    Woman need to have natural births for the bacteria that the baby gets coated in on its way out is the very first step to developing the immune system.
    Moms need to breast feed well past 6 months to insure a good strong immune system. Its not understood but there is like a transfer of information during breast feeding, call it firmware updates.
    Now if its due to the milk or simply real close proximity... Some tinfoil hat stuff.
    Whatever