View Poll Results: Do you trust the media?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 13.48%
  • No

77 86.52%
Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Re: Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    One thing I do find really funny about the move to make Trump's tax returns public is the same people that are demanding his tax returns were the very same people that were supporting Obama keeping all of his records private. Even when he was using as claims of his attendance and residence etc as proof of his qualifications to become president.
    I will go you one better. The Congressman who is leading the call for release of the unredacted Mueller Report is the same one who was most adamantly opposed to the release of the Starr Report.

YouTube

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you want an informed analysis of where the current media is headed, Mark Levin has a new book coming soon, Unfreedom of the Press. It is available for pre-order at Amazon.

Doug Ross @ Journal: UNFREEDOM OF THE PRESS: Mark Levin’s New Bestseller Lays Waste to Legacy Media
    i've had a sub to his page/blog )Mark L.) etc for 2.?years now... I like him .. Victor D. Hanson.. Alan M. Dershowitz ..

they aren't "in the trump pocket" but rather speak on matters of law - logic - Constitution

John Solomon - Sara Carter are solid investigative reporters (in the field types)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I will go you one better. The Congressman who is leading the call for release of the unredacted Mueller Report is the same one who was most adamantly opposed to the release of the Starr Report.

YouTube
    Of course and I clicked the link to the video. Understandably I knew immediately what party he was from. Yeap like almost always when a political figure has a name caption in a news report and there is no identifying party affiliation the politician is a democrat. Especially if the story is about some sort of ethics inquiry, scandalous behavior, and criminal investigation.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

YouTube
    There is a copy of a unredacted Mueller report sitting in a secure room and NOT one Democrat has gone to read it. They keep saying release the report but won't go look at it. The reason is it don't matter what's in the report, they want it made public hoping something is in it to make Trump look bad. Stupid Dems don't realize that it would be breaking the law to give Congress redacted grand jury info.

Also, no one cares about Trump's tax returns! This is old news. Dems have nothing and just looking for something else since the Mueller report isn't going anywhere. They know they are powerless with subpoenas. Ha-ha I want to see Congress order the Sergeant of arms to try and arrest the AG for contempt. They have lost their minds with "Trump derangement syndrome". It's so funny to watch, almost as good as the night they lost the election, crying, screaming up at the sky, etc etc Ha-ha-ha. Can't wait for election night again to see the Dems & their partner news media crying and losing their mind......

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

A perfect example how our media LIES and distorts the truth...SO the headlines read " Pardoned ex-solider didn't take White House call" Other headlines were "Pardoned ex-solider initially didn't take White House call" So based on the headline one could think that he ignored the White House or din't want to take the call... Wrong..In reality he was on the phone and didn't recognize the number, so he let it go to voice mail..

So Sorry you can't make this Sh$t up.
    The 56 wildest lines from Donald Trump's whirlwind last 24 hours

1. "I have to tell you that runway is like an ice skating rink. And the first step I said, you know this sucker is slippery. I think it was put in by the Democrats. I don't know, whoever the hell got that thing."
    He's talking about the ramp up to the stage. And away we go!
    2. "I'm telling you, it's like -- it's like ridiculous. You know what I'm saying. Therefore, don't pay the bill. OK. Because that is crazy, fellows, so next time we don't want to have that."
    He's still talking about the slipperiness of the ramp. I think.
    3. "Can you imagine if I went down? The press would have a field day for weeks and weeks. They'd say, he went down. He finally -- he made a mistake. Look at that. Isn't that terrible? Isn't that terrible?"
    Rampgate, part 3. Also, this: "He finally -- he made a mistake."
    4. "November 3, not November 8, it's November 3 and it's going to be just as special as November 8."
    So, you're saying that Election Day one year isn't the same date as Election Day four years later? This requires more study...
    5. "You got hit with a little hurricane called Michael. That was not a nice hurricane, I can tell you that, but it's going well and I'm thrilled to be here with really truly incredible men and women of the Florida panhandle."
    You got hammered with a hurricane. But that's over now. And I am here now. Like, that's literally what he is saying here.
    6. "We came, that was pretty bad stuff and I pledged to you unwavering support and the support of our nation until you have fully recovered and rebuilt and we will never, ever leave your side. We've already given you billions of dollars and there's a lot more coming as you do it."
    Um, no. A $17 billion recovery package for north Florida is currently caught up in partisan fighting in Congress.
    7. "I just came from a stop at Tyndall Air Force Base where I saw the devastating effects of that Category 5 hurricane, Category 5. Never heard about Category 5's before. A Category 5 is big stuff."
    Big, big stuff. Believe me.
    8. "Puerto Rico got $91 billion and I understand they don't like me. It's the most money we've ever given to any -- anybody. We've never given $91 billion to a state."
    This is one of Trump's most oft-repeated falsehoods. The actual amount of federal aid to Puerto Rico is $41 billion -- and most of that hasn't been spent yet.
    9. "In fact, I brought a chart. Would you like to see a chart?"
    ALWAYS.
    10. "I have a great relationship with the people of Puerto Rico but it hasn't been fair the way they've treated all of us from the stand point of their leaders. Because the complain they want more money. They got $91 billion."
    [narrator voice] They didn't.
    11. "And I think that the people of Puerto Rico are very grateful to Donald Trump for what we've done for them."
    "That's Puerto Rico and they don't like me." -- Donald Trump, literally 10 seconds before he said this.
    12. "Instead of wasting time, energy, taxpayer dollars on partisan stunts and hoaxes and witch hunts, Democrats should be focused on building up our country. Did you see what just happened by the way? No collusion. No obstruction."
    NO COLLUSION. (Many people are saying it.)
    13. "Two years, almost $40 million, 20 Trump haters. Democrats, I call them angry Democrats. After two years, nothing."
    It's not clear to me where he pulled the idea that the special counsel's office has "20 Trump haters in it." Twelve members of Mueller's team were registered Democrats. It's not clear how many of them were "angry."

14. "We want to do all of the things that you know about, and we're going to get it done."
    This feels sort of light on specifics.
    15. "They call themselves 'the elite.' Did you ever see the elite? This is the elite. They're not elite. You're elite."
    Trump makes this pitch frequently -- and it's at the core of his appeal: He is making common purpose with the "average" person in a cultural war against the elites in government, media and everywhere else. Yes, it is more than a little strange that Trump -- a billionaire who, prior to winning the presidency, had never lived outside of New York City has successfully made himself into the voice of the common man.
    16. "I say, 'You have better houses. So do I. You have better boats. You have better every -- you have better everything. You're smarter.' You know? I say, 'No, we're the elite.' So let's let them be the elite, but we're the super-elite."
    The super elite: The elite, but with bigger houses. And boats.
    17. "We had our little squabbles, minor squabbles."
    This is Trump on Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who once said of the President: "Donald Trump isn't gonna make America great, he's gonna make America orange again."
    18. "The Venezuelan people, I know them very well. Those people around Doral, they're all -- it's Venezuela. I call it 'Little Venezuela.' I got to know them very well. They're great people. They're great people."
    Just to be clear: The President of the United States is saying he is knowledgeable about the politics and people of Venezuela because some Venezuelans live around one of his golf clubs. Sure!
    19. "That was the last speech I made, and we had 32,000 people show up at one in the morning. It was now Election Day. Think of that."
    The venue Trump spoke at in his final campaign event of 2016 in Grand Rapids, holds around 5,000 people. Which is less than 32,000.
    20. "We have a young man, Buttigieg -- Boot-edge-edge. They say, 'Edge-edge.' He's got a great chance, doesn't he? He'll be great. He'll be great. Representing us against President Xi of China. That'll be great. That'll be great. I want to be in that room. I want to watch that one."
    Remember that Trump's natural state is as a bully. it's where he's best and most comfortable.
    21. "Every time a foreign leader, a president, a prime minister, a king, a queen, a dictator -- we've got some of them, too. Every time they come into the office, they say, 'Congratulations on what you've done for this economy. It's the hottest on Earth.'"
    Does this actually happen? It feels like it doesn't.
    22. "Now, if we want to drive them crazy, I'll say 'in 10 years.' They'll go crazy. 'See, he is a despot. He is a despot. Well, 10 or 14, let's see. Whatever we like, right? Watch. It'll be headlines tomorrow: 'Donald Trump Wants To Break Constitutionality.'"
    Well, first off, Trump does talk a lot about changing the rules on how long he can serve. And about how Democrats have cheated him out of two years of his presidency. Second: "Donald Trump Wants to Break Constitutionality" is, objectively speaking, a terrible headline.
    23. "Remember last election? 'Oh, he's going to do so bad with women.' I did great with women."
    Trump got 41% of the female vote. Hillary Clinton got 59%.
    24. "Sometimes, you know, things like that happen and you get angry, and you get a little bit sad. And then, some of you weep. I don't weep, but you don't weep too much."
    Trump is talking here about the late Sen. John McCain's vote against the so-called "skinny repeal" of Obamacare. And also about weeping.
    25. "I know too many of you. They've never weeped in their life. They didn't weep when they were babies."
    More hot weeping content.
    26. "And as I stand here floating around on a piece of ice -- this is crazy. I'm a little bit concerned about leaving the podium. I'm holding. You have no idea what I'm going through on this stage. This is the worst damn stage I've ever seen."
    Rampgate, part IV.
    27. "They come in tomorrow, and whatever happens, don't worry about it. It'll all work out. You know why? It always does. Don't worry about it."
    Donald Trump on a potential trade war with China: "It'll all work out. You know why? It always does. Don't worry about it." Um, OK?
    28. "So we went to El Paso and I made a speech. And we had an arena that holds 8,000 or 9,000 people, the arena was packed. We had 35,000 people outside. We had these massive movie screens outside. So those people that couldn't get in could see."
    The arena in question holds 6,500 people. Also, Trump has previously said that 69,000 people RSVP'ed for the event.
    29. "It was the greatest election. And it continues, you know? Because they keep trying to take it away. 'Let's try and take it away.' That's not working too well. That's not working."
    As I noted above, Trump is very keen on the idea that Democrats are somehow trying to take away his election successes.
    30. "I got to the White House two and a half years ago. And the first night, I stood on the area, the beautiful residence, they call it. It's beautiful."
    They call it the "residence," eh? Intriguing!
    31. "In another historic action, we finalized an agreement to replace the horrible NAFTA trade deal with the brand new USMCA, like the song -- MCA."
    [nods head slowly]
    32. "So these countries put people in a basket like little -- who is it? Who is it? 'Ah, let's see. Come on, that's beautiful. This guy -- isn't he like a stone-cold killer?' 'Yeah. Take the --"
    Donald Trump on the visa lottery system, folks! Also, what he's describing is not how the visa lottery system works.
    33. "I don't care what it costs. We'll close our border."
    The idea of closing the southern border entirely is logistically impossible -- and has been panned by lots of Republicans.
    34. "They walk in, they read a statement by a lawyer, written by a lawyer at the border who probably gets paid by somebody that's not exactly friendly to this crowd. 'I am very fearful of my life. My country is a very frightening place to be. Please help me.' In the meantime, there's tattoos all over his face."
    By this logic, you can't be a legitimate asylum seeker if you have tattoos on your face. Tough luck!

The 56 wildest lines from Donald Trump's whirlwind last 24 hours - CNNPolitics

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    As a friendly suggestion.
    You are better off just to quote the original URL.
    The cut and paste text format you've provided to the forum makes the original authors context harder to follow...
    In a word "illegible"...

No malice intended.....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

If you want an informed analysis of where the current media is headed, Mark Levin has a new book coming soon, Unfreedom of the Press. It is available for pre-order at Amazon.

Doug Ross @ Journal: UNFREEDOM OF THE PRESS: Mark Levin’s New Bestseller Lays Waste to Legacy Media
    Mark Levin is biased to the right. You have to listen to all sides, then search the web for comparing- then use your god given judgement for what is true- to you!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbazan View Post
    Mark Levin is biased to the right. You have to listen to all sides, then search the web for comparing- then use your god given judgement for what is true- to you!
    Two children in a fight or argument require separation until both sides of story are clearly heard.

Similar , a court of law requires both sides of the argument be given due diligence in a hearing.

The truth from both sides will highlight in parallel agreement; the lies will attempt to dull down the light of truth.

It is the bystander,3rd person or juror that has to weigh up the truth from the lies, wheat from the chaff.
    Pray that enough learned people have the proper moral balance and discernment to call a correct verdict.
    In a worst case scenario , the 3rd person may have to choose between the lesser of two evils,
    it maybe a moral choice that they might have to live with...

In general, I never believe fully until I hear both sides of the argument.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by rbazan View Post
    So I take that due to your liberal prejudice you are not interested in reading the truth about journalism in the world today.