View Poll Results: Do you trust the media?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 13.43%
  • No

    58 86.57%
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738
Results 371 to 379 of 379
  1. #371
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,152
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Just to follow up...

    I read this morning that cities run by liberals are spending that money on liberal projects that have nothing to do with the actual corona virus.
    Do you mean the Gas Station in California that put up billboards for Trump

    Gas station secured small business bailout money, then paid for Trump billboards - CNNPolitics

  2. #372
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,598
    Rep Power
    222

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Do you mean the city in Texas that put up billboards for Trump
    the person that put up those signs was a PRIVATE CITIZEN.. no city/state taxes were involved.

  3. #373
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,152
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Congressional investigation finds over $1 billion in coronavirus aid fraud
    "The wealthy and well-connected were showered with our tax dollars and fraudsters took advantage of the program's troubling lack of transparency," a government waste watchdog concluded.

  4. #374
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Congressional investigation finds over $1 billion in coronavirus aid fraud
    "The wealthy and well-connected were showered with our tax dollars and fraudsters took advantage of the program's troubling lack of transparency," a government waste watchdog concluded.

    Liberals never make any sense.

    It's been proven time and time again that there's massive government waste in everything from medicare to the military. But instead of reducing the size of the government, liberals want the government to control more of the economy.

  5. #375
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,152
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Liberals never make any sense.

    It's been proven time and time again that there's massive government waste in everything from medicare to the military. But instead of reducing the size of the government, liberals want the government to control more of the economy.
    Guess Who's in Charge of running the programs Yep the Trump Administration
    Enjoy
    Thanks for point out the Trump Administration FAILURES

  6. #376
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Guess Who's in Charge of running the programs Yep the Trump Administration
    Enjoy
    Thanks for point out the Trump Administration FAILURES


    Federal Government Waste Exploded Under Obama, Data Show

    Big Government: The federal government wasted more than $100 billion on overpayments last year. It knows this, even tracks it, but somehow can’t seem to stop it. Is there a better indication that government is too big?
    A federal website called Payment Accuracy tracks in great detail what it calls “improper payments” made by the federal government through Medicare, Medicaid, farm programs, school lunch programs and others to contractors, doctors, students, and so on.
    Last year, the government made $126 billion in overpayments, nearly double the amount of made in President Bush's last year.
    Improper payments in Medicare, for example, went from $10 billion in 2008 to $43 billion last year; and for Medicaid, the figured jumped from $19 billion to $29 billion.
    The Payment Accuracy site notes that the government also underpaid by $11 billion last year. Still, at $115 billion, the net overpayment just in 2015 is massive.
    The rest: Access to this page has been denied.

  7. #377
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,152
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Federal Government Waste Exploded Under Obama, Data Show

    Big Government: The federal government wasted more than $100 billion on overpayments last year. It knows this, even tracks it, but somehow can’t seem to stop it. Is there a better indication that government is too big?
    A federal website called Payment Accuracy tracks in great detail what it calls “improper payments” made by the federal government through Medicare, Medicaid, farm programs, school lunch programs and others to contractors, doctors, students, and so on.
    Last year, the government made $126 billion in overpayments, nearly double the amount of made in President Bush's last year.
    Improper payments in Medicare, for example, went from $10 billion in 2008 to $43 billion last year; and for Medicaid, the figured jumped from $19 billion to $29 billion.
    The Payment Accuracy site notes that the government also underpaid by $11 billion last year. Still, at $115 billion, the net overpayment just in 2015 is massive.
    The rest: Access to this page has been denied.
    News Flash Trumps the Current President
    Glad I could help you out

  8. #378
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,598
    Rep Power
    222

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Guess Who's in Charge of running the programs Yep the Trump Administration
    Enjoy
    Thanks for point out the Trump Administration FAILURES
    the waste in government started WAY before Trump.. hell even before Reagan.

    The dims were bitching when Trump cut a lot of the 'double coverage' in Fed Depts when he first took office.

    it's not on the Trump admin but ALL past admins that let the government grow without pulling in the reigns.

  9. #379
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,598
    Rep Power
    222

    Re: Do you trust the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I know none of you will read the data in the link I posted as I don't think yall are genuinely interested in learning. Nonetheless, maybe you guys will read this one paragraph from the link that I posted:


    The criticism that the tax payments of the rich would fall under ERTA was based on a static conception of human behavior. As a 1982 JEC study pointed out,[1] similar across-the-board tax cuts had been implemented in the 1920s as the Mellon tax cuts, and in the 1960s as the Kennedy tax cuts. In both cases the reduction of high marginal tax rates actually increased tax payments by "the rich," also increasing their share of total individual income taxes paid. Unfortunately, estimates of ERTA byDemocrat-controlled CBO continued to show falling tax payment by upper income taxpayers, even after actual IRS data had become available showing a surge of income tax payments by affluent taxpayers.

    The 1% Pay 37% of Federal Income Taxes – AIER

    How many people get hired by a poor man/bum? Besides the rich that make LARGE Donations to non-profits and charities/foundations get to write that money off of their taxes. You can get your money back for making contributions to Shriners .. Make a Wish .. Jerries Kids.. St Judes .. even you local church if they sponsor missions in foreign lands.

    Sorry but those are tax brakes that everyone can take.. as long as you have the funds to do so. The larger the donation, the larger the tax break.

    and vise versa.. if you are poor, destitute, down trodden, there are a plethora of programs you can sign up for.. like furthering your education either up in your field.. or totally switching fields.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here