View Poll Results: Do you trust the media?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 13.48%
  • No

77 86.52%
Page 37 of 123 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Re: Do you trust the media?

CNN Hit with Giant $300 Million Defamation Lawsuit

Attorney Alan Dershowitz has filed a $300 million defamation lawsuit against CNN over its editing of comments he made during President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial in January.
    Dershowitz had said that Trump should be impeached if he had done anything illegal but that actions made by a president to secure election as part of his commitment to the public interest would not necessarily and automatically be a quid pro quo if those actions were not illegal.
    In his lawsuit, Dershowitz said CNN edited his remarks to distort his meaning, according to Law and Crime.

“Following the airing of that clip over and over again, the hosts, together with their panel guests, including CNN employees and paid commentators, exploded into a one-sided and false narrative that Professor Dershowitz believes and argued that as long as the President believes his reelection is in the public interest, that he could do anything at all — including illegal acts — and be immune from impeachment,” the lawsuit said.
    “The very notion of that was preposterous and foolish on its face, and that was the point: to falsely paint Professor Dershowitz as a constitutional scholar and intellectual who had lost his mind,” it said, adding, “With that branding, Professor Dershowitz’s sound and meritorious arguments would then be drowned under a sea of repeated lies.”

The lawsuit said the full remarks of the Harvard Law School professor emeritus made his position clear, and no one would have criticized his position had they been included in CNN’s broadcast.
    “[N]o panel guest would have even considered embarrassing himself or herself on national television with their false conclusions had the video clip properly included the part where Professor Dershowitz unequivocally and unambiguously stated that an illegal act would prevent a quid pro quo from being lawful,” the lawsuit said. “The phrase that included the word ‘illegal’ was an essential part of his argument, and that is precisely why CNN decided to omit it. It is evident that the decision to omit the portion in question was no accident or simple negligence on the part of CNN.”

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. It said that CNN’s treatment of Dershowitz stemmed from one fact:
    “Professor Dershowitz appears to have made one mistake. He chose to defend the President of the United States and defend the U.S. Constitution at a moment in time where CNN has decided that doing so is not permitted. For this, CNN set out to punish him and destroy his credibility and reputation, and unfortunately, succeeded.”

Dershowitz wants $50 million in compensatory damages and $250 million in punitive damages.
    He spoke about the lawsuit during a Tuesday appearance on the Fox News show “Hannity.”

“What CNN did here, and it pains me to say this because, you know, I have friends over there, what they did is they just totally doctored the tape,” Dershowitz said.
    “If they had just showed the part where I said, ‘If he does anything illegal he can be impeached,’ but they doctored the tape to take that out,” he said.
    Dershowitz said he will donate any money he wins, but is acting because CNN needs a lesson taught.
    “I’m doing this to hold them accountable,” he said. “They made a deliberate, willful decision — we believe from the very top — to purposely doctor the tape to make it look like I said something that was crazy, that a president can do anything, even can commit crimes.

“Of course, I never said that. I don’t believe it. I spent an hour in front of the Senate two days earlier saying if the president commits a crime he can be impeached. That was a whole thesis of my presentation.
    “CNN knew that, and they doctored the tape, they edited the tape, to make me say exactly the opposite. Shame on them. And they’re going to have to pay, and some good charities are going to benefit from CNN’s willful, deliberate, malicious effort to destroy my credibility as a constitutional scholar.”
    CNN recently settled a $275 million lawsuit filed by then-Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann over its reporting of an incident involving Sandmann that took place during the 2019 March for Life.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Don't trust the media, and people are tired of Entitled millionaires preaching to them (which is what these "award shows" have become).
    Same can be said about a lot of the Millionaire/ Billionaire athletes, preaching about the oppressive USA (which allowed them the freedom to make the choice to become an over-payed athlete).

Emmys again draws its smallest audience ever

Jimmy Kimmel Responds to Low Emmys Ratings
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Don't trust the media, and people are tired of Entitled millionaires preaching to them (which is what these "award shows" have become).
    Same can be said about a lot of the Millionaire/ Billionaire athletes, preaching about the oppressive USA (which allowed them the freedom to make the choice to become an over-payed athlete).

Emmys again draws its smallest audience ever

Jimmy Kimmel Responds to Low Emmys Ratings

So?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    So?

Since he supports trump, it sounds like he is saying it is okay to give tax breaks to corporate billionaires who survive off of gutting the poor and middle class, but don't listen to athletes who make their money from people who willingly pay to see them play a game.
    When billionaires are given huge tax breaks that money has to be made up somewhere. Can you guess where? Yup, the poor and middle class.
    It is funny how conservatives willingly vote against their best interests.

Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Since he supports trump, it sounds like he is saying it is okay to give tax breaks to corporate billionaires who survive off of gutting the poor and middle class, but don't listen to athletes who make their money from people who willingly pay to see them play a game.
    When billionaires are given huge tax breaks that money has to be made up somewhere. Can you guess where? Yup, the poor and middle class.
    It is funny how conservatives willingly vote against their best interests.
    That's a good tax analysis....if you're in the 2nd grade.

I'm not gonna get into a lengthy tax discussion because I know it would be a big waste of time.

Ronald Reagan actually reduced taxes on big business and a strange thing happened: The government collected more taxes

Evidence found here: https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_c...april-1996.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    That's a good tax analysis....if you're in the 2nd grade.

I'm not gonna get into a lengthy tax discussion because I know it would be a big waste of time.

Ronald Reagan actually reduced taxes on big business and a strange thing happened: The government collected more taxes

Evidence found here: https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_c...april-1996.pdf

How's Trump Doing ? With the collected more taxes??? Yep FAILURE

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimated that the budget deficit for fiscal year 2020 would increase to a record $3.8 trillion, or 18.7% GDP.

Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    How's Trump Doing ? With the collected more taxes??? Yep FAILURE

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimated that the budget deficit for fiscal year 2020 would increase to a record $3.8 trillion, or 18.7% GDP.
    and MOST of the deficit comes from the "corona relief" that NanNan loaded with pork.

Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    and MOST of the deficit comes from the "corona relief" that NanNan loaded with pork.
    Just to follow up...

I read this morning that cities run by liberals are spending that money on liberal projects that have nothing to do with the actual corona virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    You mean the one that gave 1200 dollars to you and was pass in The Republican control Senate and President Trump signed ?

How could that happen under the Republicans?

Surely your must have returned that money as it would add the the federal deficit

Do you trust the media?

I know none of you will read the data in the link I posted as I don't think yall are genuinely interested in learning. Nonetheless, maybe you guys will read this one paragraph from the link that I posted:

The criticism that the tax payments of the rich would fall under ERTA was based on a static conception of human behavior. As a 1982 JEC study pointed out,[1] similar across-the-board tax cuts had been implemented in the 1920s as the Mellon tax cuts, and in the 1960s as the Kennedy tax cuts. In both cases the reduction of high marginal tax rates actually increased tax payments by "the rich," also increasing their share of total individual income taxes paid. Unfortunately, estimates of ERTA byDemocrat-controlled CBO continued to show falling tax payment byupper income taxpayers, even after actual IRS data had become available showing a surge ofincome tax payments by affluent taxpayers.