View Poll Results: Do you trust the media?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 13.48%
  • No

77 86.52%
Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Re: Do you trust the media?

The US media follows the rules set by the government (the FCC and NSA) on what and what not to report. Anything that would incite panic or economic collapse or anything deemed classified is forbidden under threat of fines, imprisonment and/ or losing their license to broadcast (and in some circumstances, maybe even threat of death). Do I believe that all news is fake? Of course not. Do I think some stories that should be told are left out of the daily broadcasts? Absolutely. It seems that the media has an enormous amount of control over the public when it comes to telling people what they should think is important, kind of like programming the mind. Question everything, and don't assume anything.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

I lost my confidence in the media after I voted for Brexit, the UK’s departure from The European Union.
    Since the vote we have been told all sorts of horror stories if we left without a deal, we have also been told it was such an important vote we really shouldn’t have been allowed the vote because we are obviously too stupid.
    I used to trust the news but the ruling class through the controlled media have revealed their true feelings towards us and in doing so they have lost that upper hand they always had and they have bought it all upon themselves.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    The US media follows the rules set by the government (the FCC and NSA) on what and what not to report. Anything that would incite panic or economic collapse or anything deemed classified is forbidden under threat of fines, imprisonment and/ or losing their license to broadcast (and in some circumstances, maybe even threat of death). Do I believe that all news is fake? Of course not. Do I think some stories that should be told are left out of the daily broadcasts? Absolutely. It seems that the media has an enormous amount of control over the public when it comes to telling people what they should think is important, kind of like programming the mind. Question everything, and don't assume anything.
    Jip censorship is the boat they sail.

Even google search results vs other engines seems to be biased in favor of what i make out to be the opposition.
    Whatever

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

If you want an informed analysis of where the current media is headed, Mark Levin has a new book coming soon, Unfreedom of the Press. It is available for pre-order at Amazon.

Doug Ross @ Journal: UNFREEDOM OF THE PRESS: Mark Levin’s New Bestseller Lays Waste to Legacy Media

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

No I do not trust the media or the current congress. Yes Trump is not perfect. But he is bashed by the media more than any other president has been. If Obama was trashed half as much as Trump is heads would be rolling all over the country. As under Obama my daily life has not changed for the better or the worse under Trump. Just more hate from the left because their candidate did not win a rigged election. The left could not handle that defeat and cannot handle the the Mueller report could not find any Trump/Russian collusion after over 2 years of investigation.

There are more people working under the Trump administration than there was under the Obama administration. Trump has brought more US Citizens home from foreign prisons then Obama did with less money. Trump did at least get Rocket Man to talk peace even though you can't trust anything N Korea does or says. That is more than any president has done since the Korea's were divided. Now the left wants to allow illegal immigrants to vote in federal elections, talk about foreign interference of an election.

They also want to get rid of the electoral college because Hillary could not win. By eliminating the electoral college most states will not have a say in who becomes president. Would only need three cities to vote one way or the other and you have exceeded 50% of the US population. It has worked for over 200 years. They also want to allow incarcerated people to be allowed to vote. Sorry, they lost that right went they went to jail. If they cannot be considered to be safe to wander among the people then they do not need to vote.

Then there are the states that are making laws to keep Trump off of their state ballot just because of his income tax papers. If he has to show his we should be able to see the income tax reports of everyone in congress and anyone else elected to an office.

Again Trump may not have been the best choice bit in my opinion he care more about the USA than the democrats, Hillary and Obama.

My opinion, don't have to like, but at least respect it and I'll respect yours.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

When you only see things from one point of view, that will tend to skew your opinion about what you're actually looking at!!

"Media Bias" isn't what they tell you....more often than not, it's what they DON'T tell you!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    No I do not trust the media or the current congress. Yes Trump is not perfect. But he is bashed by the media more than any other president has been. If Obama was trashed half as much as Trump is heads would be rolling all over the country. As under Obama my daily life has not changed for the better or the worse under Trump. Just more hate from the left because their candidate did not win a rigged election. The left could not handle that defeat and cannot handle the the Mueller report could not find any Trump/Russian collusion after over 2 years of investigation.

There are more people working under the Trump administration than there was under the Obama administration. Trump has brought more US Citizens home from foreign prisons then Obama did with less money. Trump did at least get Rocket Man to talk peace even though you can't trust anything N Korea does or says. That is more than any president has done since the Korea's were divided. Now the left wants to allow illegal immigrants to vote in federal elections, talk about foreign interference of an election.

They also want to get rid of the electoral college because Hillary could not win. By eliminating the electoral college most states will not have a say in who becomes president. Would only need three cities to vote one way or the other and you have exceeded 50% of the US population. It has worked for over 200 years. They also want to allow incarcerated people to be allowed to vote. Sorry, they lost that right went they went to jail. If they cannot be considered to be safe to wander among the people then they do not need to vote.

Then there are the states that are making laws to keep Trump off of their state ballot just because of his income tax papers. If he has to show his we should be able to see the income tax reports of everyone in congress and anyone else elected to an office.

Again Trump may not have been the best choice bit in my opinion he care more about the USA than the democrats, Hillary and Obama.

My opinion, don't have to like, but at least respect it and I'll respect yours.

Found a map that has been randomly showing up on Facebook for a while now. It illustrates what you were saying about the electoral college
    FACT CHECK: Does This Map Show Why We Need the Electoral College?

One thing I do find really funny about the move to make Trump's tax returns public is the same people that are demanding his tax returns were the very same people that were supporting Obama keeping all of his records private. Even when he was using as claims of his attendance and residence etc as proof of his qualifications to become president.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    News reporting used to be an obligatory use of airtime. News at 6 and 10. Then came 24 hour news and along with it competition reporting it. Now, it seems that in order to scoop the competitors, they actually try to create the news rather than just report it. Sensationalize it, miss a fact or two...whatever it takes to beat the competition to the report. If they were all back to reporting the same thing and just the facts, to keep the public informed, it would be more real again.
    Here is Oz we have a nation wide government sponsored (advertisement free ) publicly owned broadcast station,
    the Australian Broadcast Corporation( ABC ).

The ABC has a show with a regular time slot call Media Watch.

htttps://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/
    Media Watch

Media Watch does a very good job of holding all the other media stations accountable.
    The Media Watch producers go to great lengths to call-out all the other media stations story's and news broadcast as they shine a spot light on their rival TV stations mistakes, misguided,deliberate falsehoods or out right sensationalist news. Media Watch comes out of the corner with gloves off swinging hard at their rival stations.

The total transparency of Media Watch has changed the political landscape and Legal Justice system result a couple of times.

--------- Media Watch Example -------
    Climate change:
    htttps://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/climate/11083494
    News Corp's climate campaign - Media Watch - Media Watch - Media Watch
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 05-08-2019 at 12:29 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Here is Oz we have a nation wide government sponsored (advertisement free ) publicly owned broadcast station,
    the Australian Broadcast Corporation( ABC ).

The ABC has a show with a regular time slot call Media Watch.

htttps://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/
    Media Watch

Media Watch does a very good job of holding all the other media stations accountable.
    The Media Watch producers go to great lengths to call-out all the other media stations story's and news broadcast as they shine a spot light on their rival TV stations mistakes, misguided,deliberate falsehoods or out right sensationalist news. Media Watch comes out of the corner with gloves off swinging hard at their rival stations.

The total transparency of Media Watch has changed the political landscape and Legal Justice system result a couple of times.

--------- Media Watch Example -------
    Climate change:
    htttps://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/climate/11083494
    News Corp's climate campaign - Media Watch - Media Watch - Media Watch
    We have it here, it's called Fox news. But would be great if there was something that "only" called out the fake news. They would definitely never run out of work with all the stations pushing false narratives for dems.
    End of May some big things will be happening when the IG report comes out as well as the investigations into how the russian thing started. This information will be so damaging that even the Dems won't be able to spin it! Stay tuned........

King of Fake NEWS