Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    25% Copier/ Printers Tariffs in the USA begin Friday May 10 2019 12:01 AM.

If the USA and China cannot agree to a comprehensive Trade Agreement by Thursday midnight all copier and printer product entering any USA port will be subject to a tariff increase of from the current 10% to the new 25%!

It is unknown when this tariff will collected and if it results in increase costs to purchase the majority of products in the print industry entering the USA.

Wall Street thinks the chances are 20% a Trade deal will be signed.

Trump's tariff deadline looms as Wall Street hedges for all outcomes in trade showdown

"I just think investors are sort of underestimating the scope of this deal we're trying to do. Unfortunately, I don't think it's a binary outcome," Ablin said. "They'll shake hands, but there's still going to be lingering issues that likely will be unresolved. It's great to have something behind us and certainly we don't want to see these tariffs. But my view is this is a competition for economic dominance in technology and health care, and I'm not sure this gets solved by certain trade negotiations."
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 05-09-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: 25% Copier/ Printers Tariffs in the USA begin Friday May 10 2019 12:01 AM.

It's something that has to be done. If it means biting the bullet for awhile and raising prices so be it. We can't go on losing that kind of $$$ to China trade. We look plain and stupid. Chinks may pull back and delay hoping to have soft Biden to deal with after 2020 election, but when Trump gets elected again they will run to table and negotiate a "fair" deal !

Trump unexpectedly escalated the deadline for a deal last Sunday because the two nations had a trade deal but when the Chinese came back with their written response they had significantly reduced their concessions and said that China cannot make the required changes that fast. This is a common Chinese negotiating tactic of talk, talk, talk and delay, delay, delay in hopes the other side will get tired and give easy concessions.

China wants all of the tariffs removed right away by just speaking words and making hard to verify promises. The USA wants gradually decreasing tariffs only if China demonstrates progress towards purchasing much more USA goods.

If Trump can get this one deal right for the USA it could be enough to win him the next election.

Americans will definitely pay more for many imported goods but the Chinese economy will significantly suffer.

If it means paying a bit more for a while one some goods to increase the GDP its all good.

ZA screwed there own capability to produce anything thru cheap imports.
    We cant produce milk and poultry at a competitive price in your own country,
    that lead to massive loss of jobs and the money now going into the wrong pockets.
    Last edited by allan; 05-09-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    Whatever

Some copier and/or printer manufacturers have already started to diversify their manufacturing capabilities out of China into places like Malaysia and the Philippines.

There is also some Chinese freight traffic being first shipped to Canada and then transported south into the USA to avoid tariffs.

The tariffs could have a big impact on a manufacturer like Zebra label printers which makes 100% of their hardware in China. Toshiba manufactures 100% of their label printers in Malaysia. Zebra printers, the market leader, are already priced at a premium cost compared to Toshiba, the #2 label printer vendor in the world. Zebra will be facing a big 25% tariff while Toshiba pays no tariff creating a big price difference.

China pays 0 cost ,the tariffs are paid in full by US customers. Just another Trump Scam.
    How many plants have relocated to the US. Yep ZERO!

Also I'm not just willing to sacrifice for me. I'm doing it for my kids and their kids. If not handled now people better have their kids take Chinese language in high school & college because that will be the official language of the US sooner than you think!

It makes sense that Dems are for legalization of pot, I swear it's like everyone of them are high and in a trance. All from the same mold. It's really weird and scary at the same time. It must be hard for dems to go to family functions, BBQ's, etc and everyone is doing so good with their jobs, stocks, 401K's, what can they possibly say to their own family. Unless they have them brainwashed along with kids from teachers in schools, etc. Very sad!
    Last edited by copyman; 05-09-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Also I'm not just doing this for me. I'm doing it for my kids and their kids. If not handled now people better have their kids take Chinese language in high school & college because that will be the official language of the US sooner than you think!

It makes sense that Dems are for legalization of pot, I swear it's like everyone of them are high and in a trance. All from the same mold. It's really weird and scary at the same time. It must be hard for dems to go to family functions, BBQ's, etc and everyone is doing so good with their jobs, stocks, 401K's, what can they possibly say to their own family. Unless they have them brainwashed along with kids from teachers in schools, etc. Very sad!

NUTS

worker drone 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post

NUTS
    Look at that! Both of those tiny little nuts are wearing sunglasses obviously trying to disguise themselves.

IT Manager

This message is hidden because bsm2 is on your ignore list.

View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

This is what I did to the "few" radical Dems on this forum. Great never having to read the rhetoric they spew. Just not worth my time going back and forth with them. Really refreshing to see at least 80% of members on this forum are conservative. Probably most here are small Indy's like myself and business is great! So why would we change anything?