Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 3D printed copier/printer parts.

Did not come out to bad. Printed it in 2 parts and glued together.
    Will need a jig to glue them in the exact place.

Slicer.jpg
    IMG-20190618-WA0007.jpgIMG-20190618-WA0005.jpgIMG-20190618-WA0010.jpg

Now to go scratch a drum
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post

Slicer.jpg

Now to go scratch a drum
    What 3D program are you designing with? What material are you printing with?
    Did you know that Methylene Chloride makes a Great Plastic Welder???3D printed copier/printer parts.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    What 3D program are you designing with? What material are you printing with?
    Did you know that Methylene Chloride makes a Great Plastic Welder???3D printed copier/printer parts.

Using Fusion and Slic3rPE for slicing.
    Print mostly with PLA, PETG, HIPS.

GlueDevil superglue is some serious stuff.
    Will need to check Methylene Chloride out.
    Not sure where i would get some to try.
    Whatever

Using Fusion and Slic3rPE for slicing.
    Print mostly with PLA, PETG, HIPS.

GlueDevil superglue is some serious stuff.
    Will need to check Methylene Chloride out.
    Not sure where i would get some to try.
    Best price I've found!!! Gotta keep the lid on tight since it evaporates quite quickly!!! Can capillary weld with plexiglass/ acrylic...works very well with PLA also!!!

Pint Solvent Cement (Not IPS Weld-On(R)) | U.S. Plastic Corp.

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Slicer.jpg

Now to go scratch a drum
    allan, are you having issues with these parts breaking in the field? Or is this more of just a see what you can 3D build for copier parts? I ask because I've never seen one of those parts on the transfer roller break on these models. Pretty sure we've never had one break at all in the field. I have had some broken in the box when it was shipped, though.

I love stuff like this and wish I had the skill to 3D model. Of course, if I would have gone into drafting 33+ years ago like I had considered, I would have that skill but wouldn't be servicing copiers.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    allan, are you having issues with these parts breaking in the field? Or is this more of just a see what you can 3D build for copier parts? I ask because I've never seen one of those parts on the transfer roller break on these models. Pretty sure we've never had one break at all in the field. I have had some broken in the box when it was shipped, though.

I love stuff like this and wish I had the skill to 3D model. Of course, if I would have gone into drafting 33+ years ago like I had considered, I would have that skill but wouldn't be servicing copiers.
    They wear sharp and cant be reused like the older B250 were the transfer rollers did not need to be replaced for this issue and lasted 500K plus.
    The drums scratch bands were those parts touch the drum. Now gaving a parametric 3D model of the part i can look into what need to change to improve the durability.
    Will make them from 2 kinds of plastic. The part toughing the drum with PLA, ABS or PETG and the bushing part from nylon.
    Seemed that they had to choose a material that will serve well as bushing but not the greatest stuff to run against an OPC drum.

The thing that gets to me here is that i used to do some real awesome stuff in a batch manufacturing shop starting with a 1KW CO2 laser and CNC bender. The machine side had a CNC lathe and a CNC miliing machine.
    Specialized welding and then an assembly section. Mostly made elevator doors, door frames(entrance styles), door drives, car interiors and shaft trimmers. The shop was in a scientific research facility where they rented some floor space out.
    From aircraft parts to vandal proof weather station and what else. Could draft in real time from verbal instructions given by some guy onsite, fax a drawing back and then get go ahead. Fun and frustrating but mostly fun.

Problem with that was i did know know how valuable those skills where at the time and excepted very little money for it, don't have any engineering degrees to back me up.
    For me swinging a cloth at a copier paid better.

Get fusion 360 installed on your PC it is cloud based with limited offline.
    Follow the tutorials it not that painful take your time.

Drafting is fun but you need to get into it. I have a hard time sitting down for hours on end.
    Whatever

Fishing_Box v4.jpg
    Did this to fit in my fishing bag. Laser cut from 3mm stabilized MDF. Done by the local hobby shop.
    Took me a couple of hours to create the Multi body in-place to get the 2D profiles i needed.
    Super glues together.
    .jpg
    You don't need professional plans to get parts done. As long as you can submit it with enough info for them not to mess it up most manufacturers will work with it.
    Whatever

They wear sharp and cant be reused like the older B250 were the transfer rollers did not need to be replaced for this issue and lasted 500K plus.
    The drums scratch bands were those parts touch the drum. Now gaving a parametric 3D model of the part i can look into what need to change to improve the durability.
    Will make them from 2 kinds of plastic. The part toughing the drum with PLA, ABS or PETG and the bushing part from nylon.
    Seemed that they had to choose a material that will serve well as bushing but not the greatest stuff to run against an OPC drum.

The thing that gets to me here is that i used to do some real awesome stuff in a batch manufacturing shop starting with a 1KW CO2 laser and CNC bender. The machine side had a CNC lathe and a CNC miliing machine.
    Specialized welding and then an assembly section. Mostly made elevator doors, door frames(entrance styles), door drives, car interiors and shaft trimmers. The shop was in a scientific research facility where they rented some floor space out.
    From aircraft parts to vandal proof weather station and what else. Could draft in real time from verbal instructions given by some guy onsite, fax a drawing back and then get go ahead. Fun and frustrating but mostly fun.

Problem with that was i did know know how valuable those skills where at the time and excepted very little money for it, don't have any engineering degrees to back me up.
    For me swinging a cloth at a copier paid better.

Get fusion 360 installed on your PC it is cloud based with limited offline.
    Follow the tutorials it not that painful take your time.

Drafting is fun but you need to get into it. I have a hard time sitting down for hours on end.
    Pick-off pawls that run on the drum surface are usually nylon!!!3D printed copier/printer parts.

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

If you ever loose your pipe attachment for your 3M/Katun toner vac then here is a 3d printed part that could help.
    Lost mine thru a massive gap between the landing and car sill of an elevator, wonder if its still down in the pit...

Used a 12mm OD pneumatic air pipe for the extended bit. Its not grounded!
    There are two STL files one with vents and one without. I blocked them by hand anyway so the one i printed does not have them.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4515072/files

20200701_204249.jpg20200701_204318.jpg

Whatever

If you ever loose your pipe attachment for your 3M/Katun toner vac then here is a 3d printed part that could help.
    Lost mine thru a massive gap between the landing and car sill of an elevator, wonder if its still down in the pit...

Used a 12mm OD pneumatic air pipe for the extended bit. Its not grounded!
    There are two STL files one with vents and one without. I blocked them by hand anyway so the one i printed does not have them.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4515072/files

20200701_204249.jpg20200701_204318.jpg

Did you print with PET-G or PLA???3D printed copier/printer parts.

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!