Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

I wasn’t asking for advise about upgrading. I know XP is old, and from last century, etc etc... I have several computers ranging from XP (use in shop, mostly manuals) to win 10 on laptop. I was only asking to see if there was a way to keep using my old pc in shop. I pm'd aneurysm to see if anything can be done since it happen after the recent upgrade to site.

In meantime I found that firefox works with XP & 7 and no problems logging onto this site. Guess I'll be keeping XP for a little while longer

Love WinXP / Win7. Will keep as long as I can

Hate Win10 !!!
    Last edited by copyman; 09-19-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I wasn’t asking for advise about upgrading. I know XP is old, and from last century, etc etc... I have several computers ranging from XP (use in shop, mostly manuals) to win 10 on laptop. I was only asking to see if there was a way to keep using my old pc in shop. I pm'd aneurysm to see if anything can be done since it happen after the recent upgrade to site.

In meantime I found that firefox works with XP & 7 and no problems logging onto this site. Guess I'll be keeping XP for a little while longer

Hate Win10 !!!
    I betcha Linux Mint 32 bit with the xfce windowing would run quite well on your hardware!!! ...and if not, you could try Linux Lite OS or even Puppy Linux!!!ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xpADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp...just save your files to an external HDD and load the "new" OS!!! You can make a multi-boot USB thumb drive with YUMI!!!... and you can actually try your booted distro before you install it!!!

YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux

Linux Distros:

DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

If your hardware is Pentium based and has the IDE/PATA HDD cables, then the Linux Lite OS or Puppy Linux would probably work best. If your hardware is Intel Core 2 Duo & HDD with SATA cables, then Linux Mint would work Great for you!!!ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xpADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post

Hate Win10 !!!
    Saved me having to pull my old XP laptop out and see if Firefox worked. The first PC I had on my desk at work was a dual floppy Cordata PC 400 with an Olvetti erename on it. Ran on MSDOS. Later replaced one of the floppies with a 5.25 inch 2.5MB HDD for some storage. First Windows systems were Windows 2.? And NT 3.?. Had to boot to DOS then load Windows. NT was their early server OS.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Saved me having to pull my old XP laptop out and see if Firefox worked. The first PC I had on my desk at work was a dual floppy Cordata PC 400 with an Olvetti erename on it. Ran on MSDOS. Later replaced one of the floppies with a 5.25 inch 2.5MB HDD for some storage. First Windows systems were Windows 2.? And NT 3.?. Had to boot to DOS then load Windows. NT was their early server OS.
    I have an XP pro machine.. I used today when my win10 battery went dead.. XP is running firefox will update on version later not round the ole tosh lapper