Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    62

    ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Hi,

    I can't get on this site from my shop PC which is XP. Tried the HTTPs\\:, etc stuff suggested on home page. get the message "This site cant be reached"

    Any suggestions? If you are wondering why not just use another PC. Well my shop (right next to house) is where my peace & quiet is at night. Will still use the site but not that often (I'm sure there are some that are OK with that)

    Thanks for any suggestions

  2. #2
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    17,619
    Rep Power
    297

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Aneurysm has suggested clearing your cache. That helped just now, when I could log in, but did not redirect. For me it's still showing as http:// and not-secure logo. I'm assuming that will change at some point.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    6 months after security updates were stopped for XP, my computer was so screwed up I could not get anything to work right. Time for a OS update (Don't update to win 7, security updates cease in January). I have had good luck with Linux Mint (free, open source) installed on 2 of my computers.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,014
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Agree with mikadonovan, Linux distribution is the way you go when Hardware is from previous century.
    I had big book for Win XP which read from top to the bottom and still use learned but it's time now
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,628
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Have you tried another browser? Chrome for example?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Yep. Linux Mint is the "go to", as they still post -32 & -64 bit distros, plus they have 3 different desktop environments!!!ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xpADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  7. #7
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,728
    Rep Power
    213

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    6 months after security updates were stopped for XP, my computer was so screwed up I could not get anything to work right. Time for a OS update (Don't update to win 7, security updates cease in January). I have had good luck with Linux Mint (free, open source) installed on 2 of my computers.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Yep. Linux Mint is the "go to", as they still post -32 & -64 bit distros, plus they have 3 different desktop environments!!!ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xpADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    In all likely hood if you are still using XP, odds are that your hardware is not supported by current Microsoft Windows OS. Your options are try Linux Mint or buy a new computer. Start saving up now because eventually a hardware failure is going to force you to buy a new computer.

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In all likely hood if you are still using XP, odds are that your hardware is not supported by current Microsoft Windows OS. Your options are try Linux Mint or buy a new computer. Start saving up now because eventually a hardware failure is going to force you to buy a new computer.
    I'm not using XP...I'm using Windows 7 as I do some 3D printing and 7 is not bloated like 10 is with the extraneous eye candy & layers of crap. I have GWX Control Panel installed so a 10 upgrade doesn't "accidentally" get slipped in and f*ck up my whole setup. BTW, I have found BitDefender to be an excellent non invasive antivirus! Also, Emsisoft uses the BitDefender engine!ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xpADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  9. #9
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,728
    Rep Power
    213

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I'm not using XP...I'm using Windows 7 as I do some 3D printing and 7 is not bloated like 10 is with the extraneous eye candy & layers of crap. I have GWX Control Panel installed so a 10 upgrade doesn't "accidentally" get slipped in and f*ck up my whole setup. BTW, I have found BitDefender to be an excellent non invasive antivirus! Also, Emsisoft uses the BitDefender engine!ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xpADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    You're not the person who originated the thread. I quoted you since you were recommending Linux Mint or do you not like to have people agree with you?

  10. #10
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You're not the person who originated the thread. I quoted you since you were recommending Linux Mint or do you not like to have people agree with you?
    I was just vouching for the fact that Linux Mint is an excellent alternative if you have older hardware and don't want to upgrade & throw pearls after the Microsoft swine!!!ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp My Windows 7 angle was due the fact I rely on it for my 3D printing workflow!!! XP has been booted to the curb!!! I really never used XP & neither Vista. 7 was always the "happy medium" for me!ADMIN HELP can't log on with win xp

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here