Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

well this highland park one almost could have been stopped because of the red flag laws, but the two time the parents called the cops on him they did not press charges so the cops did nothing. Also his dad sponsoring him to get a foid card after he threatened to kill everyone is a problem. I dont think there is any one answer. But enforce the laws on the books already,Dont let criminals that have already had previous gun crimes out of jail,ect

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    well this highland park one almost could have been stopped because of the red flag laws, but the two time the parents called the cops on him they did not press charges so the cops did nothing. Also his dad sponsoring him to get a foid card after he threatened to kill everyone is a problem. I dont think there is any one answer. But enforce the laws on the books already,Dont let criminals that have already had previous gun crimes out of jail,ect
    Most of the criminals in chicago that are arrested for gun crimes have rap sheets with multiple gun crimes. They let them out with no bail and a ankle monitor so they can continue to kill and harass citizens.

Let the truth be known

This article goes along with how I feel,I think it is the biggest first step they can do. Get the trigger pullers off the street. Make the punishment so severe that no one would take a chance of getting caught committing a gun crime.Amid gun violence, US Marshals going after 'trigger pullers,' director says

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

This article goes along with how I feel,I think it is the biggest first step they can do. Get the trigger pullers off the street. Make the punishment so severe that no one would take a chance of getting caught committing a gun crime.Amid gun violence, US Marshals going after 'trigger pullers,' director says

Thinking that consequences deter crime is wrong. Places that still have capital punishment also still have murders.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/facts-a...penalty-states

I believe trying to rehabilitate people is ultimately going to be the answer.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Thinking that consequences deter crime is wrong. Places that still have capital punishment also still have murders.

Murder Rate of Death Penalty States Compared to Non-Death Penalty States | Death Penalty Information Center

I believe trying to rehabilitate people is ultimately going to be the answer.
    I know what I believe, but I know I dont have all the answers. Some people may be able to be rehabilitated and maybe depending on the crime,that may be a first step. I live just outside of chicago and about 20 minutes from the highland park shooting. In this neck of the woods it is mainly habitual offenders that they keep letting them out.Most of them they never catch. Its like drunk drivers that they never seem to get them off the roads when they have multiple dui s It has to start with the criminals who are causing the problems. I know there are cases that nothing would stop but I think if they cleaned the streets up the major problem will be gone.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

I know what I believe, but I know I dont have all the answers. Some people may be able to be rehabilitated and maybe depending on the crime,that may be a first step. I live just outside of chicago and about 20 minutes from the highland park shooting. In this neck of the woods it is mainly habitual offenders that they keep letting them out.Most of them they never catch. Its like drunk drivers that they never seem to get them off the roads when they have multiple dui s It has to start with the criminals who are causing the problems. I know there are cases that nothing would stop but I think if they cleaned the streets up the major problem will be gone.

It's pretty clear that housing people in prisons does not stop crime. The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world and it doesn't seem to have lowered the crime rate. There are currently over 2 million in prison in the US.
    Of course not all are fit for rehabilitation, but I would bet a large proportion of them are. All you get from housing criminals is harder criminals.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

I am excited about it

What a Fantastic idea and Wonderful President

Great News I ask Alexa who the 2020 election
    Answer Joe Biden

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known