1. #12961
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Billy Putin
    Posts
    16,183
    Rep Power
    218

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    ?????? What about them?
    What the hell is msnbcpms

    Sorry I don't speak stupid

  2. #12962
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Billy Putin
    Posts
    16,183
    Rep Power
    218

    Re: Let the truth be known

    What’s in the Inflation Reduction Act for home energy?
    The legislation provides for $9 billion in total energy rebates, including the $4.28 billion High-Efficiency Electric Home Rebate Program, which returns a rebate of up to $8,000 to install heat pumps that can both heat and cool homes, and a rebate up to $1,750 for a heat-pump water heater. Homeowners might also qualify for up to $840 to offset the cost of a heat-pump clothes dryer or an electric stove, such as a high-efficiency induction range.

  3. #12963
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Billy Putin
    Posts
    16,183
    Rep Power
    218

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Electric vehicle tax credit
    The main portion of the bill our readers will be interested in is the $7,500 electric vehicle tax credit, which is renewed starting in January 2023 and will last a decade – until the end of 2032.

    The previous tax credit had a cap of 200,000 cars per manufacturer, a limit that Tesla and GM surpassed years ago, and Toyota just exceeded this quarter. Other manufacturers (Ford, Nissan) were on track to surpass that number very soon, making this a timely change in the credit.

    The new credit makes quite a few changes, the largest of which is to remove that cap at the start of 2023. Now, all manufacturers have access to unlimited credits as long as they fulfill the other requirements of the bill. Also, the credit can be applied upfront at the point of sale if purchased from a dealer, rather than needing to file for it on your taxes in the following April – a welcome change that is long overdue.

    New requirements include that the cars must be assembled in North America and that materials and “critical minerals” in the battery must come from the US or a country with a free trade agreement with the US. These requirements are intended to spur domestic manufacturing and more diverse supply chains for EV materials, which are currently heavily reliant on one country.

    This means that we will have to wait to see which vehicles qualify for the new credit, depending on the specifics of how these thresholds are counted (and the thresholds increase year-by-year, so some cars might qualify one year and not the next). The government will release these guidelines by the end of the year, but the mineral and material guidelines don’t go into effect until 2024.

    Further, vehicles must have an MSRP of under $55K for cars and $80K for SUVs, trucks and vans, otherwise they don’t count, leaving out several Tesla configurations and trucks like the USA-made Rivian. And buyers can only take advantage of the credit if they make under $150K a year ($300k filing jointly) – which will likely affect some of these higher-end car buyers.

  4. #12964
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    18,496
    Rep Power
    513

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    What the hell is msnbcpms

    Sorry I don't speak stupid
    You LIVE stupid .

    Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

  5. #12965
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waukegan IL
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    49

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    What’s in the Inflation Reduction Act for home energy?
    The legislation provides for $9 billion in total energy rebates, including the $4.28 billion High-Efficiency Electric Home Rebate Program, which returns a rebate of up to $8,000 to install heat pumps that can both heat and cool homes, and a rebate up to $1,750 for a heat-pump water heater. Homeowners might also qualify for up to $840 to offset the cost of a heat-pump clothes dryer or an electric stove, such as a high-efficiency induction range.
    The whole bill is rebates for this and rebates if you do that. Well where are the people supposed to get the money to put up solar panels to get the rebate. The whole thing is only good for the people who can already afford to buy solar,new electric car ect. Not the people who really need the help.

  6. #12966
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    18,496
    Rep Power
    513

    Re: Let the truth be known


  7. #12967
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    18,496
    Rep Power
    513

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    The whole bill is rebates for this and rebates if you do that. Well where are the people supposed to get the money to put up solar panels to get the rebate. The whole thing is only good for the people who can already afford to buy solar,new electric car ect. Not the people who really need the help.
    It's geared around helping the elites.

    Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

  8. #12968
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Billy Putin
    Posts
    16,183
    Rep Power
    218

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    It's geared around helping the elites.

    Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
    Sorry Dude reading appears not to be you strong point.

    Incomes determine the rebates so if your a rich dude No rebate

    Dam Facts AGAIN

  9. #12969
    Aging Tech 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Diamond
    Posts
    8,168
    Rep Power
    225

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Sorry Dude reading appears not to be you strong point.

    Incomes determine the rebates so if your a rich dude No rebate

    Dam Facts AGAIN

    You will never be able to have a decent discussion with people who don't have any opinions or ideas of their own. It's like trying to nail jello to a tree.

  10. #12970
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waukegan IL
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    49

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Sorry Dude reading appears not to be you strong point.

    Incomes determine the rebates so if your a rich dude No rebate

    Dam Facts AGAIN
    You still have to have money to get the rebates. Why dont they take the billions of dollars they are wasting and just give it directly to the people who need it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here