Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

The media is so bad at their job, it’s rare that they ever have something accurate to say. Not long ago, a CNN reporter made this wild claim about the vice president.
    Earlier this week, for example, CNN political analyst Paul Begala “guaranteed” that the president was “gonna dump Mike Pence in favor of former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley”…
    “This is not a prediction. It’s a certainty,” said Begala… “He’s going to dump Mike Pence and put Nikki Haley on the ticket to try to get those suburban moms.” [Source: Daily Wire]
    Oh, it’s a certainty? Sorry, but I have a hard time taking CNN’s coverage of Trump seriously. This is the same network who demanded the deep state overthrow the White House. The same network that fantasized about the president being assassinated—on Inauguration Day. Yet we’re supposed to believe this “analyst” just because he says so?

Trump brought up the reports concerning Vice President Mike Pence being replaced when Fox News host Bret Baier asked the president who his closest friend is in Washington.
    “Well, I get along great with our vice president,” Trump told Baier.
    “I keep hearing I’m replacing him,” the president noted of the incessant reports and speculation. “Every day, I hear ‘He’s going to put this one and that one’ [on the 2020 ticket].”
    Seemingly dispelling the idea of a new VP, Trump added, “If I did, that would be a great act of disloyalty.” [Source: Daily Wire]
    President Trump made it clear he’s not replacing Pence with anyone. So, why has the fake news been so adamant about pushing this rumor? Not once has Trump suggested he’s looking for a new running mate. Nikki Haley may be a loyal and competent leader, but there’s no reason to switch VPs when Pence is doing so well.

Pence will continue in his VP duties.

Let the truth be known

well Mittens is up to it again!

Mitt Romney is doing Mitt Romney things again by signaling that he may oppose subpoenas that could widen the investigation into Burisma. The first move by Sen. Johnson was set to be the calling of a consultant of the company in for questioning. This could obviously lead to Hunter Biden and those around him being in the crosshairs as well.
    But Romney doesn’t seem keen on investigations all the sudden. His reason? He thinks it looks too political.
    Mitt Romney, a member of Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, told me of Chairman Ron Johnson’s Burisma probe: “There's no question but the appearance of looking at Burisma appears political. And I think people are tired of these kind of political investigations”
    — Manu Raju (@mkraju) March 5, 2020
    Romney: “I would hope that there’s something of significance that needs to be evaluated that would be done perhaps the FBI or some other agency, although it's not as political as perhaps a committee of our of our body.
    — Manu Raju (@mkraju) March 5, 2020
    Sometimes I think Romney is just a parody of everything conservatives can’t stand about some Republicans. This is the same guy who egged on a five month impeachment investigation that was clearly rooted in politics. This is also the same guy who supported a three year investigation into Donald Trump’s campaign, which again was highly politicized. Yet, he wants to draw the line at looking into Hunter Biden, a guy who was making $80,000 a month working for a corrupt oil company while his father ran the foreign policy in the same country.
    How very, very convenient. The Hunter Biden issue is also something Romney would never try to hand wave away if we were dealing with one of Trump’s children.
    But this is who Mitt Romney is. As I said in one of my previous pieces on him, he’s much more concerned about being the foil to his own party, lapping up the plaudits in the process, than actually abiding by any real principles. That’s why he’s been so highly malleable throughout his political career.

But this is the guy we are supposed to go to bat for? Nonsense. Such actions have never been reciprocated by Romney, even when he ran for President. There’s a reason so many Republicans said “forget it, you get Trump now.” It’s not because they are rubes or hate decorum. It’s because they got sick and tired of politicians in the GOP demanding that voters have their back while they could never be bothered to return the favor.
    Mollie Hemingway threw a bit of criticism his way after this report broke.

Let the truth be known

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer conceded he exercised poor word choice when he called out Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh on the steps of the Supreme Court Wednesday, but went on to blame Republicans for “manufacturing outrage” over his comments.
    Speaking at a rally for abortion rights supporters as the Supreme Court heard a case regarding the issue, Schumer turned toward the courtroom and said, “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”
    WATCH: Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer threatens U.S. Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.
    "You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price! You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions!"pic.twitter.com/e1qKzocJDj
    — Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) March 4, 2020
    The condemnation of Schumer’s comments was swift, including from Chief Justice John Roberts.
    “Senator Schumer referred to two Members of the Court by name and said he wanted to tell them that ‘You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You will not know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,’” Roberts said in a statement.
    “Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous. All members of the court will continue to do their job, without fear or favor, from whatever quarter.”

This sounds like a guy who tells his wife " you made me hit you " !

Sorry Cuckie No One Can Make You Do Something That You Don't Want To Do!

Let the truth be known

The war between the Taliban and Afghanistan has been an ongoing war for many decades. The Taliban is saying they are resuming their attacks on Afghanistan, and dozens have been kidnapped in the wake of the fighting. Kabul citizens in the southwest province were the innocent ones taken by force, according to Afghan government officials.
    The US-Taliban deal was agreed upon and signed Saturday. The agreement stated the Taliban would cease-fire and not allow any terrorist to operate within Afghanistan. It also called for the Taliban to immediately stop threats of war with the US and the allies. Peace talks were to continue throughout the duration within the Kabul government.
    Everyone in the Middle East wants America out of their countries, and President Trump made it clear the military is not meant to police the nations. A process of an exit strategy was to take place over the next 14 months for all US and allied forces. It is time for our soldiers to come home after almost two decades.
    For the peace agreement to take place, the Taliban had to cease-fire for seven days, which they complied with. A letter was written by the Taliban forces calling for their troops to begin attacking Afghan forces on Monday but refrain from attacking the US and allied forces. This was not the agreement!

The letter stated, “After signing the agreement, once again the Mujahedeen (fighters) of the Islamic Emirate are advised to start their attacks against the puppet Kabul administration.” The Taliban gave no comments toward their actions other than to say their militants would continue their “operations.”
    Top officials from the Pentagon showed no signs they were surprised by the attacks from the Taliban. The Pentagon called on them to find a way to reduce the fighting in Afghanistan. It was also reported there would be more measures taken in the coming days concerning the new agreement.

The Defence Secretary Mark Esper and Army General Mark Milley, who is also the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, showed there are positive sides to this agreement, and all is not lost. They figured it would not end immediately, and the distant future shows optimism on ending the nearly two-decade war.
    Esper stated, “This is going to be a long, winding, bumpy road. There will be ups and downs. We’ll stop and start. That’s going to be the nature of this over the next days, weeks and months.”
    Afghan officials told reporters there was a total of 55 civilians that were taken by Taliban forces to secure their end of the deals in exchange for their plea deals in the continued Afghan talks. Among those kidnapped was the peace advocate Nazar Jan Nazari. It appears this is more of a hostage negotiation situation. Apparently, trust is not in the Taliban’s deck of cards.
    Muhibullah Sharifzai, a spokesman for the provincial governor, stated, “The reports we got from the district suggest that the Taliban abducted these people to swap them in the coming days for their prisoners.”
    Currently, the US is monitoring the reports, and General Milley stated this would not end overnight. He explained, “This is a significant step forward, this agreement. And it’s going to lead to an inter-Afghanistan dialogue that ultimately leads to a peace agreement. But to think that’s it’s going to go to zero [violence] immediately, that probably is not going to be the case.”

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    The media is so bad at their job, it’s rare that they ever have something accurate to say. Not long ago, a CNN reporter made this wild claim about the vice president.
    Earlier this week, for example, CNN political analyst Paul Begala “guaranteed” that the president was “gonna dump Mike Pence in favor of former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley”…
    “This is not a prediction. It’s a certainty,” said Begala… “He’s going to dump Mike Pence and put Nikki Haley on the ticket to try to get those suburban moms.” [Source: Daily Wire]
    Oh, it’s a certainty? Sorry, but I have a hard time taking CNN’s coverage of Trump seriously. This is the same network who demanded the deep state overthrow the White House. The same network that fantasized about the president being assassinated—on Inauguration Day. Yet we’re supposed to believe this “analyst” just because he says so?

Trump brought up the reports concerning Vice President Mike Pence being replaced when Fox News host Bret Baier asked the president who his closest friend is in Washington.
    “Well, I get along great with our vice president,” Trump told Baier.
    “I keep hearing I’m replacing him,” the president noted of the incessant reports and speculation. “Every day, I hear ‘He’s going to put this one and that one’ [on the 2020 ticket].”
    Seemingly dispelling the idea of a new VP, Trump added, “If I did, that would be a great act of disloyalty.” [Source: Daily Wire]
    President Trump made it clear he’s not replacing Pence with anyone. So, why has the fake news been so adamant about pushing this rumor? Not once has Trump suggested he’s looking for a new running mate. Nikki Haley may be a loyal and competent leader, but there’s no reason to switch VPs when Pence is doing so well.

Pence will continue in his VP duties.

And if dondon is anything, it's loyal. To himself only. But that is still being loyal.

Let the truth be known

Employment growth in February beat expectations, as 273,000 workers were added to payrolls, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday. The unemployment rate was 3.5%, versus 3.6% in January.
    Forecasters had expected about 175,000 jobs.
    The job growth numbers for December and January were also revised up, by a combined 85,000.
    Altogether, the labor market displayed great strength heading in March, when fears about the coronavirus began to crimp commerce. Employers had added an average of 243,000 jobs a month in the past three months, about double the number the Federal Reserve has calculated is necessary to keep unemployment trending down.
    "It is a little like the saying, the car was in fine condition before being involved in a collision," said Mark Hamrick, a senior economic analyst for Bankrate, predicting job market fallout in the months to come from the effects of the coronavirus. "The new reality amid tremendous uncertainty is the world has experienced a seismic shift reflected recently in financial markets in anticipation of potentially damaging economic impacts still to come since the February jobs data was collected."
    Yet not all the news from Friday's report was as encouraging. Labor participation was flat. Wages increased by 3% from the previous year, in line with previous months' readings and not as high as might be expected at this stage of the economic expansion.
    The low level of unemployment under President Trump has not been seen since Richard Nixon’s first term as president, a development that should bolster his reelection prospects. Yet, U.S. economic performance is threatened by the coronavirus outbreak, which has scrambled supply chains and crimped demand for goods and services.
    The survey period for the February jobs report was too early to reflect the growing effects of the spread of the disease to the United States. So far, 19 states have reported over 200 cases of the virus, and there have been 11 deaths in the U.S.
    The disease has caused businesses to rearrange plans. Washington state and California have declared states of emergency, and many businesses in afflicted areas, including Amazon and Facebook in the Seattle area, have told employees to work from home or have canceled conferences. Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, a Democrat, asked state residents to seriously consider postponing large events to limit the spread of the virus.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

I wouldn't call this security. I would call them snipers.

Did Pelosi's Security Point Gun At Trump Supporters?

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I wouldn't call this security. I would call them snipers.

Did Pelosi's Security Point Gun At Trump Supporters?
    Looks like a perfect advantage point for a sniper.. pretty good scope on the rifle too! Notice his sootter over his right shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk