Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    How many of you Canadians on here are pissed at your PM for banning "Assault Weapons"?? (Even though the list contains much more than that!!).

Canada’s New Assault Weapons Ban Also Bans Shotguns, Hunting Rifles, BB Guns, And A Website | The Daily Wire

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced last week that, in the wake of the largest mass shooting in Canada’s history, the Liberal government would be unilaterally outlawing at least 1,500 “assault-style” firearms, “effective immediately,” including, it now seems, shotguns, hunting rifles, airsoft guns, and even gun-related websites.

The Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA) said that “many large bore hunting rifles – some more than 100 years old and valued at more than $100,000 have become prohibited,” even though none of the guns in question are “semi-automatic,” or “military style.”

The list also bans AR15.com, a gun owners’ forum, and airsoft rifles that bear a strong resemblance to “military style” weapons, including the Blackwater BW-15 Carbine, a BB gun.
    To be fair, the list also bans missile launchers, rocket launchers, and any military style artillery, in case those weren’t already illegal under Canadian law.

That shit wouldn't fly down here. Too many hunters and enthusiasts and sportsman and Proud, FREE citizens.
    I live approx a 15 minute drive from one of the sites involved in Canada's recent largest mass murder in its history and have been there many times. A busy gas station.

I am not just very pleased, I am extremely pleased that Canada has banned over 1,500 types of assault rifles.

If you follow Canadian news, there has been almost no push back against these new laws.

As Prime Minister Trudeau said, "You do not need an AR-15 to take down a deer".

In Canada, ownership of a gun is considered a privilege and not a right.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Obviously the same rules are being applied. Are any of them in court or prison? Stop playing the victim, it doesn't look good on you.
    Prison ISN'T the issue here.
    Biden is basically being a 'free pass' on his perversions... while the afore mentioned ARE STILL TODAY being hounded AFTER BEING CLEARED OF CHARGES.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

How many of you Canadians on here are pissed at your PM for banning "Assault Weapons"?? (Even though the list contains much more than that!!).

Canada’s New Assault Weapons Ban Also Bans Shotguns, Hunting Rifles, BB Guns, And A Website | The Daily Wire

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced last week that, in the wake of the largest mass shooting in Canada’s history, the Liberal government would be unilaterally outlawing at least 1,500 “assault-style” firearms, “effective immediately,” including, it now seems, shotguns, hunting rifles, airsoft guns, and even gun-related websites.

The Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA) said that “many large bore hunting rifles – some more than 100 years old and valued at more than $100,000 have become prohibited,” even though none of the guns in question are “semi-automatic,” or “military style.”

The list also bans AR15.com, a gun owners’ forum, and airsoft rifles that bear a strong resemblance to “military style” weapons, including the Blackwater BW-15 Carbine, a BB gun.
    To be fair, the list also bans missile launchers, rocket launchers, and any military style artillery, in case those weren’t already illegal under Canadian law.

That shit wouldn't fly down here. Too many hunters and enthusiasts and sportsman and Proud, FREE citizens.
    I wonder what effect that is going to have on Canadian hunting lodges both private and those open to the public. I wonder how much revenue will be lost to the various provinces as a result. And what about the income and resulting income tax revenue to the government lost from those who would normally work at said lodges losing their jobs?

Liberals definitely do not understand the law of unintended consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Prison ISN'T the issue here.
    Biden is basically being a 'free pass' on his perversions... while the afore mentioned ARE STILL TODAY being hounded AFTER BEING CLEARED OF CHARGES.

Who's. That?

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I wonder what effect that is going to have on Canadian hunting lodges both private and those open to the public. I wonder how much revenue will be lost to the various provinces as a result. And what about the income and resulting income tax revenue to the government lost from those who would normally work at said lodges losing their jobs?

Well Tim... ya got me again... really hadn't contemplated that side of the issue!
    SO in that same frame of mine.. could/would they restrict us from bringing our own weapons? Would they lose revenue (ya know ' $ makes the world go round ')
    Would we need to be "quarantined" ? Do they keep any 'fees' if we don't pass their stipulations?
    So many facets.. to cover them all.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Who's. That?
    Sorry short bus... try to keep up.

Post 2353

I know it's hard with your TDS but please...try to go back and read what others are replying to.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Back in the day:
    The gun paranoid govt here in Australia removed all the guns from many households in a panic buy back scheme.

The gun confiscation failed miserably. People only handed in their out dated bent-barrel, broken-stock fire arms to collect the govts money.
    Hardware sales of PVC pipe and PVC end caps for the pipe went through the roof.
    While working at the hardware stores I spoke to many staff who said even police and military personnel were buying lengths of PVC pipe and end caps to bury their rifles in the back yard. The hardware stores couldn't keep up the supply of PVC pipe.

The Gov't provided an amnesty period for collection of rifles, and then proceeded with fines and special licenses to gun clubs.
    If you have a gun license,you'll need to provide a gun safe to secure your armaments.

Late in the day:
    Gun laws are more relaxed these days. You can obtain a gun license and buy high power rifles from licenced stores today.
    The gov't realised that any criminal/manchurian(dial-up-nutters) can gain access to weapons and continue on with their operative quest.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 05-08-2020 at 12:17 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ˇ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Sorry short bus... try to keep up.

Post 2353

I know it's hard with your TDS but please...try to go back and read what others are replying to.

Hilarious Sorry I don't speak Stupid!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

This decision is not about economics it is about public safety.

Only Assault weapons are banned. Other types of long barrelled firearms will remain legal to own and operate.