Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    well not in your part of florida.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Top of the list should be Nancy Pelosi.
    Last edited by slimslob; 05-19-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I'm beginning to slowly understand why some people call it "The United Mistakes Of America"...

Some people judge to hash...

The entire world is watching....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    That guy is really creepy. If he touched my kids that way, I would drop him real quick, right, left, now your toothless. What a creep!

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    That guy is really creepy. If he touched my kids that way, I would drop him real quick, right, left, now your toothless. What a creep!
    Yeah and he's the 'best' they have to represent them? Let the truth be knownLet the truth be knownLet the truth be known

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I believe that from this crisis, we have the opportunity to not just rebuild our economy — but transform it. To make it more resilient for whatever comes our way in the future.

We can make sure everyone has paid sick leave and child care support — and remake our system of unemployment insurance into employment insurance, to help keep people in their jobs.

We can put millions of people to work building the new, green economy that will position us to own the 21st century. And we can produce the machines and equipment we need to fight the pandemic right here at home.

We can ensure every single American receives an education that equips them to succeed. And we can make access to high-quality, affordable health care a right for all — not a privilege for the few.

We can restore the basic bargain that used to exist in this country — that if you contributed to the success of an enterprise, you shared in the rewards. And the way we will do that is by empowering our workers. It means encouraging unionization and collective bargaining. It means more protections to ensure fair pay, overtime compensation, worker safety, and a secure retirement.

We can insist that big corporations — which we've bailed out twice in 12 years — step up and take responsibility for their workers and communities.

We can rip out the race-based inequities that infect every part of our society — from the pollution being pumped into the air and water in communities of color to the health care treatment they receive.

We can choose who our economy, our government, and our country works for. Just the wealthy — or everyone else as well. That’s the choice we must make — all of us together — this November.

Let the truth be known

Way to go Texas!

Election Integrity Win: Texas Supreme Court Blocks Democrats' Vote-By-Mail Plan

The Texas Supreme Court on Friday blocked a lower-court order that had allowed residents to vote by mail if they cite concerns about catching the coronavirus at polling places.
    Republican state Attorney General Ken Paxton petitioned the court for the stay after an appeals court upheld a lower-court ruling last month that lifted restrictions on mail-in voting.

The stay prevents county election officials from formally taking mail-in ballot applications from voters afraid of coronavirus exposure, which they can do beginning 60 days before an election.
    Texas held its primary in March, and it wasn’t immediately clear whether the high court would hear arguments and issue a final ruling before Election Day in November.
    Voting by mail in Texas is generally limited to those 65 or older or those with a “sickness or physical condition” that prevents voting in person.

Paxton petitioned the Republican-dominated high court after officials in some predominantly Democratic areas approved measures to allow voters to claim a disability and request mail-in ballots simply by claiming to be worried about getting sick at polling places.
    County officials and Texas Democrats cast Paxton’s move as an effort to disrupt the election and an ongoing voting case.

The attorney general’s request contends officials in counties that include Dallas, Houston, Austin, El Paso and the border community of Brownsville have broadened eligibility to vote by mail beyond what the Legislature intended.
    The ruling comes as the virus has deepened the partisan divide over mail-in voting, with President Donald Trump arguing it is ripe for fraud and Democrats embracing the practice, claiming publicly to believe it to be the safest way to vote during the pandemic.

“Protecting the integrity of elections is one of my most important and sacred obligations,” Paxton said in a statement. “The Legislature has carefully limited who may and may not vote by mail. The Travis County trial court’s decision to allow everyone to vote by mail is contrary to state law and will be reversed on appeal.
    “I am pleased that today the Texas Supreme Court confirmed that my office may continue to prosecute voter fraud and issue guidance on mail-in ballots while that appeal plays out.”
    Conversely and unsurprisingly, T
    “The Republican Texas Supreme Court is wrong to force the people of Texas to choose between their health and their right to vote,” Hinojosa claimed in a statement. “They would have Texans die, just so they can hold on to power. Voters should have the ability to vote-by-mail during a pandemic if they feel their health is in danger.”
    “We will continue to fight like hell to protect every eligible Texan’s right to vote and have their voices heard by their government,” Hinojosa added.
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

exas Democratic Party Chairman Gilberto Hinojosa called the decision “a dark day for our democracy.”