Page 52 of 1994 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061621021525521052 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The one thing this thread lacks are the opinions of women.

Non college educated white men favor President Trump because they somehow see him as a champion for all of their perceived injustices in government and the world.

President Trump is likely to lose heavily with women, independents and people with formal post secondary education in the 2020 election.

Listening to old white farts argue about politics gets boring after awhile.

To be fair there are not that many female long term employed copier techs anywhere period.

In my 20+ years in the copier business, I have only met one female tech and she lasted maybe six months.
    I concur with the female tech statement. I have also only met one in my time, during a Ricoh Training Class in Minneapolis. I believe she said she was on her first or second year, and according to her, "felt out of place in the field". Smart woman, knew how to troubleshoot and repair, knowledgeable and quick-witted, and.....dare I say it?..... was also drop dead gorgeous! It was refreshing to see a female in this line of work (and kicking ass), instead of going to one of the typical "female dominated" careers.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I concur with the female tech statement. I have also only met one in my time, during a Ricoh Training Class in Minneapolis. I believe she said she was on her first or second year, and according to her, "felt out of place in the field". Smart woman, knew how to troubleshoot and repair, knowledgeable and quick-witted, and.....dare I say it?..... was also drop dead gorgeous! It was refreshing to see a female in this line of work (and kicking ass), instead of going to one of the typical "female dominated" careers.
    I have had better luck than you guys it seems.

In fact the three times I visited Canon Training in Atlanta Ga, the class was led by a female ( or one was assisting ) In the Color Advanced class we had 2 female students.

Lately I have several female techs in the field that have been in for 7+ yrs.

One great lady I trained back in the early 2000's went on to become the Manager for a east regional Copier service company.

The same for HVAC - Automotive - TV/Phone (samsung), even XRAY/Med Equip repair techs.

I guess it all depends on the woman. Many I have met/dated, said they could never be a printer/copier tech because it was..... tada TOO Dirty of a job.

I will say, I doubt I could never be a nurse/doctor ( not because of ability ) but the pain and suffering that they have to witness, on an hourly/daily basis would wreck me. AND OHFN not in the geriatric/Pediatric wards.

As history has shown us, even all over the world, women have ALWAYS been looked down on, not valued enough, ridiculed or shoved aside. For Christs sake, they can be MURDERED in some countries, JUST FOR BEING FEMALE.

S.T.E.M. - S.T.E.A.M. DAY - November 8, 2019 | National Today

The international comparisons fueled discussion of U.S. education and workforce needs. The bipartisan congressional STEM Education Caucus noted: “Our knowledge-based economy is driven by constant innovation. The foundation of innovation lies in a dynamic, motivated and well-educated workforce equipped with STEM skills.”

This IMHO one of the best moves the educators have initiated, and it has been picked up readily by other countries. To benefit ALL students male and female.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I have had better luck than you guys it seems.

In fact the three times I visited Canon Training in Atlanta Ga, the class was led by a female ( or one was assisting ) In the Color Advanced class we had 2 female students.

Lately I have several female techs in the field that have been in for 7+ yrs.

One great lady I trained back in the early 2000's went on to become the Manager for a east regional Copier service company.

The same for HVAC - Automotive - TV/Phone (samsung), even XRAY/Med Equip repair techs.

I guess it all depends on the woman. Many I have met/dated, said they could never be a printer/copier tech because it was..... tada TOO Dirty of a job.

I will say, I doubt I could never be a nurse/doctor ( not because of ability ) but the pain and suffering that they have to witness, on an hourly/daily basis would wreck me. AND OHFN not in the geriatric/Pediatric wards.

As history has shown us, even all over the world, women have ALWAYS been looked down on, not valued enough, ridiculed or shoved aside. For Christs sake, they can be MURDERED in some countries, JUST FOR BEING FEMALE.

S.T.E.M. - S.T.E.A.M. DAY - November 8, 2019 | National Today

The international comparisons fueled discussion of U.S. education and workforce needs. The bipartisan congressional STEM Education Caucus noted: “Our knowledge-based economy is driven by constant innovation. The foundation of innovation lies in a dynamic, motivated and well-educated workforce equipped with STEM skills.”

This IMHO one of the best moves the educators have initiated, and it has been picked up readily by other countries. To benefit ALL students male and female.
    There are not that many women in this industry. There are even less here on CTN. Debs, the one who was a regular has been busy with other things lately. She is still active on Facebook. She was a lead tech for Ricoh in the London area with over 10 years there and 10 years previously with Xerox.

Let the truth be known

A lie such as "Anti-semitism and racism on the rise since Trump took office". When in fact, they have been on "the rise and fall" since the 1980's (when they started a record of anti-Semitic attacks in 1984). In America alone studies have shown that 20% of Americans had "anti-Semitic views" in 1992, then fell to 12% in 1998, then rose to 17% in 2002, then back down to 14% in 2005, only to shoot back up to 19% in 2011. The biggest year for anti-Semitism was in 2001 (wonder why?). Between 2014 and 2015 there was a 34% increase in anti-Semitic attacks in the U.S. (wonder why the media never made a fuss about that being Obama's fault??). According to 'Jewishvirtuallibrary.org' we aren't really any more or any less anti-Semitic then we were back in the 90's.

Statistics on Religious Hate Crimes
    This just in from " Bearing Arms " a gun advocacy group I follow:

Gun Control Failure: CA Leads Nation In Mass Killings In 2019 – Bearing Arms

A database compiled by the Associated Press (AP), USA Today, and Northeastern University recorded that the United States suffered more mass killings in 2019 than any year on record, with 41 recorded incidents and 211 deaths.
    The AP report stated: “California, with some of the most strict gun laws in the country, had the most, with eight such mass slayings.”
    A December 28 report from Breitbart noted that California has universal background checks, gun registration requirements, gun confiscation laws, a 10-day waiting period on gun purchases, an “assault weapons” ban, a one-handgun-a-month purchase limit, a ban on campus carry for self-defense, and a ban on teachers being armed to return fire if under attack. California also requires would-be gun buyers to acquire a safety certificate from the state before being permitted to purchase a gun.
    Additionally, California has placed controls on ammunition purchases.
    Despite the lack of any statistical evidence between strict gun controls and gun-related deaths (other than reasonable conclusions that strict gun controls lead to even more violence, e.g., Chicago and New York City), gun-control advocates renew their efforts to impose stricter controls on gun purchase after every mass shooting.

Most are aware that CA - NYC - Detroit - Chitown all have very strict anti-gun laws. They also have some of the highest gun reported deaths/incidents. and even tho I haven't checked these stats, I'd be willing to bet they have a very high rate of reported mental issues in their populations.

Guns don't kill people, CRAZY people with guns kill people.

Let the truth be known

A Guide to Mass Shootings in America – Mother Jones - map of mass shootings dating back to 1982.
    US Mass Shootings, 1982-2019: Data From Mother Jones’ Investigation – Mother Jones - Full Data of mass shootings dating back to 1982.

Interesting to see the map.
    The Coasts (stricter gun laws) are littered with "mass shootings", while the Midwest (where we love our guns and the bad guys know it) is pretty damn quiet.

Let the truth be known

Gun Violence Statistics | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Just to point out how they try to spin things to get what they want as far as gun legislation. This site has the exact opposite view on where the most gun deaths are and who has "the weakest gun laws". granted it's not "just mass shootings", but they quote the mass shootings in there. On the other "motherjones" map, the states in question in the Giffords site, are quiet, no mass shootings, but they believe those states should have more gun control. California has shown us how much of a failure gun control is.

Let the truth be known

A Guide to Mass Shootings in America – Mother Jones - map of mass shootings dating back to 1982.
    US Mass Shootings, 1982-2019: Data From Mother Jones’ Investigation – Mother Jones - Full Data of mass shootings dating back to 1982.

Interesting to see the map.
    The Coasts (stricter gun laws) are littered with "mass shootings", while the Midwest (where we love our guns and the bad guys know it) is pretty damn quiet.
    And Mother Jones isn't know for reporting truthfully..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    This just in from " Bearing Arms " a gun advocacy group I follow:

Gun Control Failure: CA Leads Nation In Mass Killings In 2019 – Bearing Arms

A database compiled by the Associated Press (AP), USA Today, and Northeastern University recorded that the United States suffered more mass killings in 2019 than any year on record, with 41 recorded incidents and 211 deaths.
    The AP report stated: “California, with some of the most strict gun laws in the country, had the most, with eight such mass slayings.”
    A December 28 report from Breitbart noted that California has universal background checks, gun registration requirements, gun confiscation laws, a 10-day waiting period on gun purchases, an “assault weapons” ban, a one-handgun-a-month purchase limit, a ban on campus carry for self-defense, and a ban on teachers being armed to return fire if under attack. California also requires would-be gun buyers to acquire a safety certificate from the state before being permitted to purchase a gun.
    Additionally, California has placed controls on ammunition purchases.
    Despite the lack of any statistical evidence between strict gun controls and gun-related deaths (other than reasonable conclusions that strict gun controls lead to even more violence, e.g., Chicago and New York City), gun-control advocates renew their efforts to impose stricter controls on gun purchase after every mass shooting.

Most are aware that CA - NYC - Detroit - Chitown all have very strict anti-gun laws. They also have some of the highest gun reported deaths/incidents. and even tho I haven't checked these stats, I'd be willing to bet they have a very high rate of reported mental issues in their populations.

Guns don't kill people, CRAZY people with guns kill people.
    Nearly the US homeless population now live in California. Nearly half of the U.S.’s homeless people live in one state: California - MarketWatch

Many of California's homeless population either have mental issues or drug issues. This has led to major problems for local governments including vandalism, petty theft, shop lifting, public urination and public defecation. Recent changes in California law has made all of those minor misdemeanors. Police, if they ever catch a perp are only allowed to issue citations.

As for gun laws, CCW permits are handled by individual county sheriffs. Kern County where I live is one of the most conservative counties in California. It issues more CCW permits than most of the other counties combined. Fresno Sheriff-Coroner Margaret Mims is probably second. Kern County DA Cynthia Zimmer has announced that 2019 has seen an 11% decrease in murders from 101 in 2018 to 90. Most of those have been gang related.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Nearly the US homeless population now live in California. Nearly half of the U.S.’s homeless people live in one state: California - MarketWatch

Many of California's homeless population either have mental issues or drug issues. This has led to major problems for local governments including vandalism, petty theft, shop lifting, public urination and public defecation. Recent changes in California law has made all of those minor misdemeanors. Police, if they ever catch a perp are only allowed to issue citations.

As for gun laws, CCW permits are handled by individual county sheriffs. Kern County where I live is one of the most conservative counties in California. It issues more CCW permits than most of the other counties combined. Fresno Sheriff-Coroner Margaret Mims is probably second. Kern County DA Cynthia Zimmer has announced that 2019 has seen an 11% decrease in murders from 101 in 2018 to 90. Most of those have been gang related.
    Good to hear there are still some authorities with some sense. States/localities with higher legal 2A support/owners -=usually=- have a lower crime rates all over the spectrum

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known