Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    You said that Trudeau respects China because they are dangerous like a gun. That's a bald face lie. That's not what he said.

Listen to a real leader call a dictatorships what they are. He wasn't some sissy homo leader. He was a REAL MAN. A real leader with courage. Not a pansy ass coward.

I noticed you didn't post a video of donny boy calling out putin. Oh wait, that's because he has a crush on him. And wants to be him.
    What were you saying about "pansy ass coward". Hmmmmm. LOL!!!
    Now we're having fun.
    Uh oh, are you melting some more?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I noticed you didn't post a video of donny boy calling out putin. Oh wait, that's because he has a crush on him. And wants to be him.
    What were you saying about "pansy ass coward". Hmmmmm. LOL!!!
    Now we're having fun.
    Uh oh, are you melting some more?
    You've been watching too much Canadian state controlled media. Trump called Putin out by name for backing Asad.

Look, while Canada nor Trudeau has any influence on the national stage, we just ask that you stay out of our way. It will be the USA that has to deal with China or any of the other bad actors. Why make it harder for us?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

You've been watching too much Canadian state controlled media. Trump called Putin out by name for backing Asad.

Look, while Canada nor Trudeau has any influence on the national stage, we just ask that you stay out of our way. It will be the USA that has to deal with China or any of the other bad actors. Why make it harder for us?
    Uh oh. Drip, drip, drip.
    PS. I think you meant to say "Look, while Canada nor Trudeau has any influence on the INTERNATIONAL stage" it really doesn't make any sense your way.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Maybe he is the son or grandson of a Vietnam era draft dodger that fled to Canada.
    +1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let the truth be known

From vaccines to pipelines to clean water on reserves, why Canada can't seem to get anything done

Increasingly, this country can't even seem to manage things that should be easy

It’s no secret that we here at the National Post love Canada. We love ice-based sports. We love queuing for the bus. We love Constitutional Monarchy checked by an elected Parliament. We will even say that Terry Jacks’ Seasons in the Sun is a song not wholly without merit.

But we wouldn’t be the first to notice that, of late, Canada seems to be entering a bit of a slump. A 2019 Ipsos poll found that 52 per cent of Canadians believed our society was “broken.” By the end of 2020, a report by Edelman determined that nearly half of the country did not trust the government, private sector or non-profits. Our star is even fading among our friends; in 2018, Canada plummeted from its top spot on the Reputation Institute’s list of the world’s most reputable countries.

And now, thanks to a series of cock-ups on procuring COVID-19 vaccines, and tightening its borders to the virus and its infectious variants, Canada’s pandemic is set to last six months longer than virtually every other country of similar wealth and capability. We now rank around 40th place in the world in terms of percentage of the population given a single shot of the two approved vaccines.

COVID-19 has highlighted the fact that not only is Canada racking up new failures in the usual sore spots such as public health, but increasingly we can’t even seem to manage things that should be easy. We’re an energy superpower that can’t build a dam or a pipeline. A champion of reconciliation where Indigenous people are poisoned by their own drinking water. A self-proclaimed “honest broker” in world affairs that can’t get its phone calls returned by foreign leaders.

If it seems like Canada is embarrassingly unable to get anything done lately, here are some of the telltale signs.

Military procurement

You can thank 80 years of relative global peace for ensuring that Canada’s consistent failure to equip its military is usually just an embarrassment, and not a national tragedy. Our soldiers can’t go to shooting competitions without their World World Two-era pistols seizing up. The navy’s only resupply vessel is a hastily converted commercial ship that can’t enter war zones. The RCAF is so accustomed to flying planes that are decades past their service life that Canadian military contractors are now sought-after leaders in the niche realm of patching up antique airframes.

The reason for these failures are well-known: Fiscal neglect, understaffing, and politicians wholly unable to resist the temptation to meddle in military contracts. And this is definitely a bipartisan problem. Whether the government is Conservative, Liberal or some minority parliament mixture of the two, Ottawa is pretty committed to ensuring that the mere act of firing a Canadian Forces service pistol will slice off chunks off your hand.

Pandemic response
    Going into this pandemic, it was widely assumed that Canada’s 2003 grappling with SARS would give it an upper hand. Instead, the opposite seems to have happened: Canada has failed to score even a moderate win during 11 months of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our nursing homes deaths from the disease were the highest in the world. We’ve run up our pandemic debt faster than anyone. And we’ve become one of the deadliest countries for COVID-19 in the Pacific Rim.

Canada’s woes were much easier to take when the situation just across the border was consistently much worse. But now the tables have turned. While the United States is vaccinating 1.6 million people per day, delivery delays have meant that Canada has spent weeks with fewer than three per cent of its citizens having received even one dose of the vaccine. It’s impossible to know what course COVID-19 is going to take over the next 12 months, but it seems reasonable to assume that Canada’s policy failures on this file will end up having a direct toll in increased fatalities and sovereign debt.
    Pipelines
    We couldn’t build the controversial oil pipeline to northern B.C. Then we couldn’t build the pipeline that would have recycled a bunch of existing pipeline infrastructure to send oil east for domestic processing. Then we couldn’t build the oil pipeline that was basically an expansion of an existing pipeline that had existed uncontroversially for half a century. Then we couldn’t build a natural gas pipeline approved with unprecedented levels of Indigenous support. And now we can’t even build an oil pipeline that is already half-finished.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 02-22-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Let the truth be known

Now I know why Trudeau has so much respect for the communist government of China. Trudeau and Joe Biden have a lot in common.

Trudeau fundraiser with Chinese billionaires ‘does not pass the smell test

OTTAWA—The Liberal government’s “cash-for-access” woes deepened Tuesday as the Opposition hammered Prime Minister Justin Trudeau over a news report he mingled with Chinese billionaires at an exclusive Liberal Party fundraiser.

During question period in the Commons, Conservative interim leader Rona Ambrose said: “Rubbing elbows with millionaires at these cash-for-access events does not pass the smell test, and the prime minister knows it. So why does he keep doing it?”

The Globe and Mail reported Tuesday on a fundraiser last May at the Toronto home of a wealthy Chinese-Canadian business executive where one of the 32 guests was a “well-heeled donor who was seeking Ottawa’s final approval to begin operating a new bank aimed at Canada’s Chinese community.”

The newspaper said Trudeau was the top draw at the $1,500-a-ticket Liberal Party event, attended by insurance tycoon Shenglin Xian, the founder of Wealth One Bank of Canada and president of Toronto-based Shenglin Financial Group Inc., who was seeking final approval from federal bank regulators to operate a domestic bank here. It had received tentative approval the year before under the Conservative government. And in July, it received final approval.

Also among the donors, according to the Globe, was Zhang Bin, a wealthy Chinese businessman and political advisor to the Chinese government in Beijing. The newspaper said Zhang, along with a partner, donated $1 million to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation and the University of Montreal Faculty of Law weeks after the fundraiser.

Trudeau did not deny the report, and was unapologetic.

He defended the political fundraising practice, repeating a stance the government has taken from the start. He said no political financing rules under the Canada Elections Act — which allows individual donations of up to $1,500 — were broken.

Ambrose suggested the contact with the prime minister was a clear conflict. “It’s not a coincidence that these billionaires that the prime minister meets with actually want something from him.”

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Now I know why Trudeau has so much respect for the communist government of China. Trudeau and Joe Biden have a lot in common.

Trudeau fundraiser with Chinese billionaires ‘does not pass the smell test

OTTAWA—The Liberal government’s “cash-for-access” woes deepened Tuesday as the Opposition hammered Prime Minister Justin Trudeau over a news report he mingled with Chinese billionaires at an exclusive Liberal Party fundraiser.

During question period in the Commons, Conservative interim leader Rona Ambrose said: “Rubbing elbows with millionaires at these cash-for-access events does not pass the smell test, and the prime minister knows it. So why does he keep doing it?”

The Globe and Mail reported Tuesday on a fundraiser last May at the Toronto home of a wealthy Chinese-Canadian business executive where one of the 32 guests was a “well-heeled donor who was seeking Ottawa’s final approval to begin operating a new bank aimed at Canada’s Chinese community.”

The newspaper said Trudeau was the top draw at the $1,500-a-ticket Liberal Party event, attended by insurance tycoon Shenglin Xian, the founder of Wealth One Bank of Canada and president of Toronto-based Shenglin Financial Group Inc., who was seeking final approval from federal bank regulators to operate a domestic bank here. It had received tentative approval the year before under the Conservative government. And in July, it received final approval.

Also among the donors, according to the Globe, was Zhang Bin, a wealthy Chinese businessman and political advisor to the Chinese government in Beijing. The newspaper said Zhang, along with a partner, donated $1 million to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation and the University of Montreal Faculty of Law weeks after the fundraiser.

Trudeau did not deny the report, and was unapologetic.

He defended the political fundraising practice, repeating a stance the government has taken from the start. He said no political financing rules under the Canada Elections Act — which allows individual donations of up to $1,500 — were broken.

Ambrose suggested the contact with the prime minister was a clear conflict. “It’s not a coincidence that these billionaires that the prime minister meets with actually want something from him.”

Wow! That sure brings back some memories. An oldie but a goodie? Thanks

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Wow! That sure brings back some memories. An oldie but a goodie? Thanks

I learned that the Trudeau family has a long love affair with brutal dicatators:

Justin Trudeau:
    “It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest-serving president,” Trudeau’s statement begins, going on to celebrate Castro as a “larger than life” personality who served his people. He was “a legendary revolutionary and orator” whose people loved him, and who worked wonders for Cuban education and health care.
    A “controversial figure,” sure, but: “I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother, President Raúl Castro, during my recent visit to Cuba. On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”

I learned that the Trudeau family has a long love affair with brutal dicatators:

Justin Trudeau:
    “It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest-serving president,” Trudeau’s statement begins, going on to celebrate Castro as a “larger than life” personality who served his people. He was “a legendary revolutionary and orator” whose people loved him, and who worked wonders for Cuban education and health care.
    A “controversial figure,” sure, but: “I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother, President Raúl Castro, during my recent visit to Cuba. On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”
    News must be slow in Mississippi Castro died in 2016

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Justin Trudeau:

Pretty soon you will be an expert on the country that you appear to actually hate. That is so cool. That certainly is dedication.