Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Name the official

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Have a look at this Phil

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...W3clf0&ampcf=1

A law professor told GOP Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday that Texas' voter ID law is racist in a tense exchange during a Senate hearing on voting rights.

Cruz had asked Franita Tolson, the vice dean for faculty and academic affairs and a law professor at the University of Southern California, if she found voter ID laws racist.

After Tolson responded that it "depends," Cruz asked specifically, "What voter ID laws are racist?"

"Apologies Mr. Cruz, your state of Texas, perhaps," Tolson responded.

Texas has among the strictest voting laws in the country, and the state has been subject to national scrutiny in recent weeks after Republican Gov. Greg Abbott signed into law a bill that bans 24-hour and drive-thru voting, imposes new hurdles on mail-in ballots and empowers partisan poll watchers.

The state's voter ID law, which passed in 2011 and went into effect in 2013 after the Supreme Court's 5-4 decision in Shelby County v. Holder, required voters to present government-issued photo IDs, such as a state driver's license, a Texas election identification certificate, a US passport or a military identification card.

Supporters said requiring photo IDs before casting a vote would prevent voter fraud. Critics, however, argued the law disenfranchised poor and minority voters, who face difficulties obtaining IDs.

A federal court had blocked the measure during the 2016 election, but lawmakers put in place a second measure -- Senate Bill 5 -- that allowed voters who had no photo ID to vote by signing a declaration and providing supporting documentation.

Asked by Cruz on Wednesday what made Texas' voter ID law racist, Tolson responded: "The fact that the voter ID law was put into place to diminish the political power of Latinos with racist intent."

Beyond Texas, Republican-controlled states across the country have seized on former President Donald Trump's lies about widespread voter fraud and clamped down on access to the ballot box this year. Already, Florida, Georgia and other states have enacted new restrictive voting laws.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    A law professor told GOP Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday that Texas' voter ID law is racist in a tense exchange during a Senate hearing on voting rights.

Cruz had asked Franita Tolson, the vice dean for faculty and academic affairs and a law professor at the University of Southern California, if she found voter ID laws racist.

After Tolson responded that it "depends," Cruz asked specifically, "What voter ID laws are racist?"

"Apologies Mr. Cruz, your state of Texas, perhaps," Tolson responded.

Texas has among the strictest voting laws in the country, and the state has been subject to national scrutiny in recent weeks after Republican Gov. Greg Abbott signed into law a bill that bans 24-hour and drive-thru voting, imposes new hurdles on mail-in ballots and empowers partisan poll watchers.

The state's voter ID law, which passed in 2011 and went into effect in 2013 after the Supreme Court's 5-4 decision in Shelby County v. Holder, required voters to present government-issued photo IDs, such as a state driver's license, a Texas election identification certificate, a US passport or a military identification card.

Supporters said requiring photo IDs before casting a vote would prevent voter fraud. Critics, however, argued the law disenfranchised poor and minority voters, who face difficulties obtaining IDs.

A federal court had blocked the measure during the 2016 election, but lawmakers put in place a second measure -- Senate Bill 5 -- that allowed voters who had no photo ID to vote by signing a declaration and providing supporting documentation.

Asked by Cruz on Wednesday what made Texas' voter ID law racist, Tolson responded: "The fact that the voter ID law was put into place to diminish the political power of Latinos with racist intent."

Beyond Texas, Republican-controlled states across the country have seized on former President Donald Trump's lies about widespread voter fraud and clamped down on access to the ballot box this year. Already, Florida, Georgia and other states have enacted new restrictive voting laws.
    I do not find voter ID laws to be racist. I think it should be standard all across the country. If you cant figure out how to get a Government issued ID maybe just because of that you should not be able to vote. They probably can come up pretty easy with a fake vaccine card if they wanted to.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I do not find voter ID laws to be racist. I think it should be standard all across the country. If you cant figure out how to get a Government issued ID maybe just because of that you should not be able to vote. They probably can come up pretty easy with a fake vaccine card if they wanted to.
    Many other countries have ID's mandatory!
    I mean look at what you need an ID for:
    Buying/renting a house/apt.
    Buying a car.
    Setting up a bank account.
    Buying booze.
    Buying furniture.
    Getting a credit card.
    Getting a loan.
    Buying a gun/ammo.

The list could go on.
    Poor black people gotta eat .. sleep .. go to work.
    How can they do that now without an ID?
    IDs are free in most states.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Thats fantastic guess you support the John Lewis voting Act

PS if you have the say the law isn't Racist it probably IS!
    Last edited by bsm2; 09-23-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Many other countries have ID's mandatory!
    I mean look at what you need an ID for:
    Buying/renting a house/apt.
    Buying a car.
    Setting up a bank account.
    Buying booze.
    Buying furniture.
    Getting a credit card.
    Getting a loan.
    Buying a gun/ammo.

The list could go on.
    Poor black people gotta eat .. sleep .. go to work.
    How can they do that now without an ID?
    IDs are free in most states.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think only the gun thing and voting are constitutionally protected actions. But you can't shoot up a school with a voting ballot. So you should need ID to buy one.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Sorry that is definitely not a quote from Jeff.
    He is PRO voter ID.. anti abortion.. pro limited government.. balanced budget.. pro religious freedom.. 1A freedom.. pro gun.
    I find it very ridiculous that some lib would fib like this in a même. Let the truth be knownLet the truth be knownLet the truth be known

Sorry that is definitely not a quote from Jeff.
    He is PRO voter ID.. anti abortion.. pro limited government.. balanced budget.. pro religious freedom.. 1A freedom.. pro gun.
    I find it very ridiculous that some lib would fib like this in a même. Let the truth be knownLet the truth be knownLet the truth be known

Homerun Sorry Wrong Again

Get the FREE Vaccine