1. #8511
    Aging Tech 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Diamond
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Sure it's only my opinion but you've shown nothing to disprove it. What's more, in the history of the world, there's never been a super power that has supported a European style of liberalism.

    I asked you to show me one and you didn't answer because there isn't one.

    I think the evidence supports my opinion. No?

    Your evidence is very weak. Just because there has never been something, doesn't mean there can't be something. Jeez, with that attitude we would still be out in the Sarengeti hunting and gathering.

  2. #8512
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,161
    Rep Power
    216

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Your evidence is very weak. Just because there has never been something, doesn't mean there can't be something. Jeez, with that attitude we would still be out in the Sarengeti hunting and gathering.


    Sure, just because something has never been done in the history of the world doesn't mean that it can't be done. That's true.

    Question?

    Why doesn't Canada or some other country do it?
    Embrace the process, not the outcome.

  3. #8513
    Aging Tech 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Diamond
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Sure, just because something has never been done in the history of the world doesn't mean that it can't be done. That's true.

    Question?

    Why doesn't Canada or some other country do it?


    There wasn't a wheel in the history of the world, until there was. There wasn't a printing press in the history of the world, until there was.
    The big problem is, if you have a big military you feel the need to use it even it it isn't neccessary. And that's the trap you fall into.

  4. #8514
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,161
    Rep Power
    216

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    There wasn't a wheel in the history of the world, until there was. There wasn't a printing press in the history of the world, until there was.
    The big problem is, if you have a big military you feel the need to use it even it it isn't neccessary. And that's the trap you fall into.

    I need you to be clear because you're sending mixed signals, in my opinion.


    Does the world need the USA to be a super power or would the USA and world be just fine if we downgraded our military to lets say......Canada?


    EDIT: Again, if you think it's possible to be a super power and pay for the liberal agenda, why hasn't Canada or someone done it?
    Embrace the process, not the outcome.

  5. #8515
    Aging Tech 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Diamond
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I need you to be clear because you're sending mixed signals, in my opinion.


    Does the world need the USA to be a super power or would the USA and world be just fine if we downgraded our military to lets say......Canada?


    EDIT: Again, if you think it's possible to be a super power and pay for the liberal agenda, why hasn't Canada or someone done it?

    I don't know if the world needs a "super power". It seems to me that countries who choose to massively grow their military feel obligated to prove they have a massive military.

    Your belief that universal healthcare would cost more is unfounded. Here's an article from The Hill.

    22 studies agree: 'Medicare for All' saves money | TheHill

  6. #8516
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,161
    Rep Power
    216

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I don't know if the world needs a "super power". It seems to me that countries who choose to massively grow their military feel obligated to prove they have a massive military.

    Your belief that universal healthcare would cost more is unfounded. Here's an article from The Hill.

    22 studies agree: 'Medicare for All' saves money | TheHill

    Just to be clear, you'd be okay with Russia, China or one of those countries being the world's super power? I need you to be very clear here.
    Embrace the process, not the outcome.

  7. #8517
    Aging Tech 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Diamond
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Just to be clear, you'd be okay with Russia, China or one of those countries being the world's super power? I need you to be very clear here.

    Why are you not understanding what I say. I distictly said I don't know if the world needs a super power. I definitely did not say I prefer Russia or China to be a super power. So far you have been discussing honestly, please don't start not discussing honestly.

  8. #8518
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,161
    Rep Power
    216

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Why are you not understanding what I say. I distictly said I don't know if the world needs a super power. I definitely did not say I prefer Russia or China to be a super power. So far you have been discussing honestly, please don't start not discussing honestly.

    You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. Let me try to explain.

    You say that you don't know if the free world needs the USA to be a super power.

    What I'm saying is that if American downgrades its military to that of Canada, for example, that China or some other country will become the lone super power.

    If that happens, the entire world changes and becomes a much more dangerous place.

    Do you disagree with that?
    Embrace the process, not the outcome.

  9. #8519
    Aging Tech 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Diamond
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. Let me try to explain.

    You say that you don't know if the free world needs the USA to be a super power.

    What I'm saying is that if American downgrades its military to that of Canada, for example, that China or some other country will become the lone super power.

    If that happens, the entire world changes and becomes a much more dangerous place.

    Do you disagree with that?

    Okay, that's enough. You are falling back into old habits Billy.
    I said nothing about "the free world". I haven't mentioned the US. I simply said I don't know if the world needs a super power. Russia, China or anyone else. I have said nothing about what would happen if there isn't a super power.
    I don't know what would happen if the US lowered their military spending.
    What I did say is that it would be cheaper for the US government if they went with a single payer healthcare system, so maybe you could do both.

  10. #8520
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,161
    Rep Power
    216

    Re: Let the truth be known

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Okay, that's enough. You are falling back into old habits Billy.
    I said nothing about "the free world". I haven't mentioned the US. I simply said I don't know if the world needs a super power. Russia, China or anyone else. I have said nothing about what would happen if there isn't a super power.
    I don't know what would happen if the US lowered their military spending.
    What I did say is that it would be cheaper for the US government if they went with a single payer healthcare system, so maybe you could do both.

    I'm gonna drop it but clearly you fail to grasp my logic. Perhaps that's on me.


    Whatever the case may be, Canada hasn't demonstrated that it can properly defend itself and have single payer healthcare. Perhaps Canada should get its own house in order before you come trying to solve our problems.
    Embrace the process, not the outcome.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here