Page 21 of 1993 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031711215211021 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Citing a senior U.S. official, The Post reported that the “gunman was a military pilot from Saudi Arabia training in the United States.”
    “Just received a full briefing on the tragic shooting at NAS Pensacola in Florida, and spoke to @GovRonDeSantis,” President Donald Trump tweeted Friday.

Pensacola Naval Base Shooter Was Saudi Aviation Student: Reports

Hmm let's see Saudi nationals? ummm 911 anyone?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    21.3% of US Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month - 2015 Numbers.

45 Important Welfare Statistics for 2019 - Lexington Law - 2018 Stats.

Well, I'm glad you were able to figure out the number of workers in the U.S. and find what 3.6% is for the unemployment total. BUT, it's not just "unemployed" individuals that receive benefits from the system. The total number of recipients in 2015 was over 52 Million. In 2019 they estimate closer to 65 Million people receiving benefits from one of 79 programs (Even if you cut that in half, that's still an extraordinary amount of people). In 2016 it was found that 77.8 BILLION dollars were fraudulently received. Now 3 years later, with many many more people receiving bennies, we can be assured that the fraudulently gained amount is much higher.

I applaud President Trump's Administration for changing the guidelines/ requirements for Food Stamps and such. If you are able to work, GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND WORK!!
    I see people with missing limbs go to work every DAY! I've seen people who live in their cars go to work every Day! I've seen 10 - 14 year olds during the summer get up and "GO TO WORK" Every Day! What's your excuse? Too much Meth and Heroin in your system? Boozed your life into a trash can? Just too fuckin LAZY!!?? SMH.

Also, I don't Spite anyone for being down on their luck. Been there myself, but have gotten Well past that, I can't sit there and "feel sorry" for myself, such a waste of time.
    Yup, I was looking at the wrong stats. However, if it's anything like here, a lot of people on assistance are the working poor. Not making enough at their job to make ends meet.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Yup, I was looking at the wrong stats. However, if it's anything like here, a lot of people on assistance are the working poor. Not making enough at their job to make ends meet.
    I'm in NC... in a semi rural part (500acres surround my property along with heavy wood stands)
    ALL the people I know that get SNAP (sans 2 older than me disabled) are either: 1) Able to work no desire. 2) Druggies that sell their cards @ %40 face value (or buy food that you need for cash) 3) ILLEGALS that per OUR STATE/FEDERAL laws should not be entitled to. 4) or others that Buy steaks/shrimp and lotsa lotsa CRAP food.

I did volunteer work at two local food banks, we have two grocery stores, I see the same folks in both places. So it seems that there is a LOT of fraud in all areas.

**BTW** my neighbor that is on SNAP and her BF got BUSTED for SNAP fraud/abuse and got fired from the Food Bank for taking EXTRA out and: giving it to her kids that were ALSO collecting from there... -=OR=- feeding the wild animals with perfectly good food that could have been passed out to the REAL needy ones.. hmmmm wonder WHO dumped them in?

personally I HAD to go on SNAP for 3 months.. (single father) had a 13yr and a new born.. recession axed my job.. still did 'puter repair off kitchen table.. I Worked my way out of it.. even there in 2012. Apt. rent - car payment - kids.. very stressful ..Hell I even picked sweet potato's in the fall and got to glean from the fields after the picking... I shared the extra I picked up with others like me ...

IT CAN BE DONE

just matters how badly one wants it.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I'm in NC... in a semi rural part (500acres surround my property along with heavy wood stands)
    ALL the people I know that get SNAP (sans 2 older than me disabled) are either: 1) Able to work no desire. 2) Druggies that sell their cards @ %40 face value (or buy food that you need for cash) 3) ILLEGALS that per OUR STATE/FEDERAL laws should not be entitled to. 4) or others that Buy steaks/shrimp and lotsa lotsa CRAP food.

I did volunteer work at two local food banks, we have two grocery stores, I see the same folks in both places. So it seems that there is a LOT of fraud in all areas.

**BTW** my neighbor that is on SNAP and her BF got BUSTED for SNAP fraud/abuse and got fired from the Food Bank for taking EXTRA out and: giving it to her kids that were ALSO collecting from there... -=OR=- feeding the wild animals with perfectly good food that could have been passed out to the REAL needy ones.. hmmmm wonder WHO dumped them in?

personally I HAD to go on SNAP for 3 months.. (single father) had a 13yr and a new born.. recession axed my job.. still did 'puter repair off kitchen table.. I Worked my way out of it.. even there in 2012. Apt. rent - car payment - kids.. very stressful ..Hell I even picked sweet potato's in the fall and got to glean from the fields after the picking... I shared the extra I picked up with others like me ...

IT CAN BE DONE

just matters how badly one wants it.
    Well, my partner works for social services and she says a very small percentage of people on assistance actually want to be on assistance. Sure, everyone has their own anecdotes about abuse of the system but a big majority of people on assistance don't want to be there.

Let the truth be known

Sure I agree with the "don't want to be there" wholeheartedly !

I sure as hell didn't want to be on the program, the thing is 'many' folk that get on these programs, once they taste the life of... "you don't really have to work" they find more n more loopholes in the US "free stuff" programs they just take n take.

SNAP was revised to include language such as this " The USDA rule change affects people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are childless and not disabled. Under current rules, this group is required to work at least 20 hours a week for more than three months over a 36-month period to qualify for food stamps,"

Here it is from the USDA website: Final Rule: SNAP Requirements for Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents | USDA-FNS

BUT as she always does, @AOC twisted the words to LIE about #45 and the USDA changes:
    My family relied on food stamps (EBT) when my dad died at 48.
    I was a student. If this happened then, we might’ve just starved.

Now, many people will.

It’s shameful how the GOP works overtime to create freebies for the rich while dissolving lifelines of those who need it most. https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1202297479556993024
    — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) December 5, 2019

BREAKING: Trump admin. has formalized work requirements for recipients of food stamps, a move that will cause nearly 700,000 people to lose access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). https://nbcnews.to/2Rlan3C
    — NBC News (@NBCNews) December 4, 2019

https://www.westernjournal.com/aoc-l...estern-journal

Let the truth be known

Here's the EO issued by #45 that got the snowball a Rollin' :

Federal Register
    ::
    Reducing Poverty in America by Promoting Opportunity and Economic Mobility

ALL of the MSM news outlets have run with the NBC article https://nbcnews.to/2Rlan3C
    — NBC News (@NBCNews) that I mentioned above.

Mind you I don't watch FAUX newz but even the daytime shows (the anti-trump set) have run with the false narrative. OAN / BlazeTV / NewMax networks are the ones I glean info from. Also I have mentioned Mark Levin - John Solomon - Sara Carter - Michelle Malkin are good sources beside the many Federal Branches that are required to post information.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Sure I agree with the "don't want to be there" wholeheartedly !

I sure as hell didn't want to be on the program, the thing is 'many' folk that get on these programs, once they taste the life of... "you don't really have to work" they find more n more loopholes in the US "free stuff" programs they just take n take.

SNAP was revised to include language such as this " The USDA rule change affects people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are childless and not disabled. Under current rules, this group is required to work at least 20 hours a week for more than three months over a 36-month period to qualify for food stamps,"

Here it is from the USDA website: Final Rule: SNAP Requirements for Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents | USDA-FNS

BUT as she always does, @AOC twisted the words to LIE about #45 and the USDA changes:
    My family relied on food stamps (EBT) when my dad died at 48.
    I was a student. If this happened then, we might’ve just starved.

Now, many people will.

It’s shameful how the GOP works overtime to create freebies for the rich while dissolving lifelines of those who need it most. https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1202297479556993024
    — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) December 5, 2019

BREAKING: Trump admin. has formalized work requirements for recipients of food stamps, a move that will cause nearly 700,000 people to lose access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). https://nbcnews.to/2Rlan3C
    — NBC News (@NBCNews) December 4, 2019

https://www.westernjournal.com/aoc-l...estern-journal
    I really don't like to politicize poverty. ALL governments fail the most vulnerable in favour of the wealthy. No exceptions. Right wing, left wing it doesn't seem to matter

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I really don't like to politicize poverty. ALL governments fail the most vulnerable in favour of the wealthy. No exceptions. Right wing, left wing it doesn't seem to matter
    Again no argument.

the thing i find silly is, even tho #45 has done so much for the Blacks/Hispanics/Women/Youth/Inmates and when he comes out with a plan to: reduce those non-deserving leeches on gov't teet ... get unfairly imprisoned inmates a second chance... decreases the amount of time illegals are separated from families .. make living conditions better for those detained.. etc

he is lambasted and make to look like a 'crook'.

WTF did -=O=- do for the:

border? HE constructed the first CAGES and filled them with kids.

Inmates? Overcrowded the jails w/ really non-violent people while allowing felons/terrorists go free

American Workers? He up the ante on sending jobs overseas w/ telling us "New Norm.. jobs ARE NOT coming back!

American Economy? Fewer jobs... higher taxes... 1.8GDP ( or close to it)

American Military? Trans in service... Reduction of Fleets.. back to pre WWII levels, same with ALL branches of military.

Shovel ready? never appeared

HealthCare? nuff said about the unconstitutional tax scheme

3+ yrs of investigations w/ NO result.. not to mention that MILLIONS it cost, and no real legislation to correct American issues.
    Hell they haven't even voted on the "opioid" bills that have been introduced!

Hunter Biden isn't supposed to be mentioned .. but DAYYYUM that doesn't apply to any of the Trump kids... -=O=- told us to leave the girls alone... but poor Barron is ALWAYS being ridiculed

Let the truth be known

This one will either make your go SMMFH or WTF?

Hillary has been outed over a decade ago for being a "carpet muncher" not only by he lovers .. but also SS agents assigned to the Arkansas Mansion and the WH.

I thought that the LGBTQxyz groups were the new "poster children" of the left?

“Never even been tempted, thank you very much,” she added. HRC on a recent Howard Stern show.

LGBT Crowd Turns on Hillary Clinton After the Way She Denied Being a Lesbian

even some of the 2020 hopefuls have thrown the BS flag on this.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Again no argument.

the thing i find silly is, even tho #45 has done so much for the Blacks/Hispanics/Women/Youth/Inmates and when he comes out with a plan to: reduce those non-deserving leeches on gov't teet ... get unfairly imprisoned inmates a second chance... decreases the amount of time illegals are separated from families .. make living conditions better for those detained.. etc

he is lambasted and make to look like a 'crook'.

WTF did -=O=- do for the:

border? HE constructed the first CAGES and filled them with kids.

Inmates? Overcrowded the jails w/ really non-violent people while allowing felons/terrorists go free

American Workers? He up the ante on sending jobs overseas w/ telling us "New Norm.. jobs ARE NOT coming back!

American Economy? Fewer jobs... higher taxes... 1.8GDP ( or close to it)

American Military? Trans in service... Reduction of Fleets.. back to pre WWII levels, same with ALL branches of military.

Shovel ready? never appeared

HealthCare? nuff said about the unconstitutional tax scheme

3+ yrs of investigations w/ NO result.. not to mention that MILLIONS it cost, and no real legislation to correct American issues.
    Hell they haven't even voted on the "opioid" bills that have been introduced!

Hunter Biden isn't supposed to be mentioned .. but DAYYYUM that doesn't apply to any of the Trump kids... -=O=- told us to leave the girls alone... but poor Barron is ALWAYS being ridiculed
    Sorry Phil, everybody knows that trump instigated separating children from their parents at the Mexican border.