Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Who said I believed? Why are you making accusations of me? I am skeptical of everyone, and everything to a paranoid extent. I don't believe anyone in this story, but clearly someone is lying. We need proof man, actual proof. Something written in stone, anything at all.

Why are you like this man? It sounds to me, and forgive me if I offend you, that you're looking for reasons to hate him. But, this particular story is FULL of speculations. Wouldn't you feel better with hard evidence against him instead of guessing? :\
    I didn't write the article
    Maybe you should complain to them

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    I didn't write the article
    I never said you did, are you implying that I am accusing you of creating it? Because I am not.
    You accused me of defending Trump (when I wasn't) simply because (I'm speculating) I was in the pursuit of the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Maybe you should complain to them
    I do. :\ But they are not "Journalists", they are "activists". They have a right to their opinion. I just don't like them saying it as a statement of fact, and under the guise of "News", when it's not. That's all.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Who said I believed? Why are you making accusations of me? I am skeptical of everyone, and everything to a paranoid extent. I don't believe anyone in this story, but clearly someone is lying. We need proof man, actual proof. Something written in stone, anything at all.

Why are you like this man? It sounds to me, and forgive me if I offend you, that you're looking for reasons to hate him. But, this particular story is FULL of speculations. Wouldn't you feel better with hard evidence against him instead of guessing? :\
    IF you contradict him you are a trumpster.. there is no middle ground with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    IF you contradict him you are a trumpster.. there is no middle ground with him.
    The thing is, I don't like him at all. In my opinion Trump is a brute, he is offensive, and a straight up asshole. I want someone with a BETTER moral character to hold that office. Yes, he has done good, and he has done bad. But, stick with cold hearted, cruel, unforgiving, unbreakable, solid and hard definitive facts.

Let the truth be known

The thing is, I don't like him at all. In my opinion Trump is a brute, he is offensive, and a straight up asshole. I want someone with a BETTER moral character to hold that office. Yes, he has done good, and he has done bad. But, stick with cold hearted, cruel, unforgiving, unbreakable, solid and hard definitive facts.
    please don't gt offended...

I NEVER STATED you like trump ( i get it he's an asshole )

and I applaud your right to give your opines on ANY subject.

but as you have noticed from others here.... they don't share my views on the 1st Amendment.

it's just some rally around ONE source of news/reports and won't even consider another's point of view/source of news.

and with the track record of some 'news' groups (as you mentioned) is very questionable.

BUT even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

I have to say I disagree, I've read some great work from AP, even from NYT, LAT, WP, WSJ, and a few other more charged websites from Breitbart to Vox. (I know)

The problem ultimately lies with the individual who is incapable from seeing through the narratives and fallacious jargon sprinkled throughout many of the news articles.

But, sometimes they are right on the nose. Heck, sometimes (though rarely) BuzzFeed News (I know, I know) would put out some fantastic work.

It's all in the individual. The problem is... sensationalism sells. :/

Politics has become like a football game. People have taken up a banner, and they will stick with it regardless of their conscience or reason. Example: "Vote blue, no matter who", or even the simply the "vote red" slogan.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
    Maybe you need to read Mark Levin's book Unfreedom of the Press.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

I never said you did, are you implying that I am accusing you of creating it? Because I am not.
    You accused me of defending Trump (when I wasn't) simply because (I'm speculating) I was in the pursuit of the truth.

I do. :\ But they are not "Journalists", they are "activists". They have a right to their opinion. I just don't like them saying it as a statement of fact, and under the guise of "News", when it's not. That's all.
    BSM2 is a liberal. They do not like the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I actually don't like Mark Levin, but I am familiar with the book you are referring too. And while I agree with it's contents from excerpts and reviews I've read through online political commentators, I find Mark Levin... well... a hypocrite.

Look, Mark talks a lot about "bias by omission". Which is fantastic by the way, I agree with him Let the truth be known. But, Mark was once a "Never Trump" guy.
    Mark Levin: I won't back Trump in the general - POLITICO

Then he changed his mind AFTER his nomination.
    Mark Levin: 'I'm gonna wind up voting for Donald Trump'

But since then, he's been guilty of "bias by omission". Because he doesn't call out (from what I have seen, I could be wrong) anything wrong Trump does.

That... is hypocrisy.

Pointing to the other, when one is guilty of the same action.

Thank you for your recommendation though.

BSM2 is a liberal. They do not like the truth.
    I'm Libertarian, or a Milktoast Liberal. Somewhere in between.

Let the truth be known

+1 on the book.