Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Don't hate me Slim, but that article is also sensationalist.

Nothing new there. No one told Trump or VP, no proof given. Intelligence (John Ratcliffe) denies telling Trump about the bounty (John gives no proof), even the Taliban denies the bounty (No source).

Best thing about that article is this statement:
    "And it’s disgusting how you continue to politicize intelligence. You clearly don’t understand how raw intel gets verified. Leaks of partial information to reporters from anonymous sources is dangerous because people like you manipulate it for political gain."

But even then, explain the process of verification? Why was it decided not to be credible? I would ask Ratcliffe "You say you didn't brief Trump on this plot, can you prove that you didn't?". These "journalists" are not asking the right questions.

If it is true that they informed NATO, it seems unlikely they tell didn't trump first. Just a thought.
    Last edited by copier addict; 06-30-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

I agree! Believe me, I carry "don't thread on me" in my heart. But I argue, and I appeal to humanity as a symbol of courtesy for the other to wear a mask.

I know masks are... not very effective. But it isn't about being effective. It's about social awareness, and social change. Ideally, I would love for us to be like Japan. If you have a sniffle, you would wear a mask.
    And people will know that it is done out of courtesy.

In the US, it was hard to do so before. I welcome the societal and change of culture when it comes to masks. I hate that it's forced, but my hope is that when this is all said an done, we will be able to wear them in peace without HR
    going down your throat about staying home over a sniffle.
    As far as the sniffle part.. only affected early spring from Sweet Gum & Pine.
    Haven't had flu for almost a decade.. I don't get vax'd either.
    And this is me talking.. keep your mask and Japan

js

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Mainly because the masks do NOT filter out the COVID virus.
    The virus measures
    .125 microns...the N95 masks only blocks
    .300 microns. The disposable maks even less.
    When any mask gets wet it becomes less effective.
    They are just a symbol of obedience and an acceptance of fear & control.

Nothing blocks actual airborne virus. True N95 respirator certified mask block the moisture droplets that carry SARS viruses from person to person. The CDC recommends the use of respirators with at least N95 certification to protect the wearer from inhalation of infectious particles including Mycobacterium tuberculosis, avian influenza, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), pandemic influenza, and Ebola. Unlike a respirator, a surgical mask is designed to provide barrier protection against droplets and does not have an air-tight seal and thus does not protect its wearer against airborne particles such as virus material to the same extent.

What most people are wearing are cloth masks that don't stop much more than dust and pollen if worn correctly. Many of the people I see on news clips are not even wearing their masks correctly. The top of the mask is below the nose and does nothing should the person sneeze. And then there are the Hollywood idiots with their hand crocheted mask with an activated charcoals insert. Activated charcoal only removes certain chemical contaminates form the air, not viruses.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    If it is true that they informed NATO, it seems unlikely they tell didn't trump first. Just a thought.
    Hanlon's razor brother. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence".

I think it's more likely that Ratcliffe is incompetent, than to think Trump is some guy with the horns and tail with a trident fork eager to kill American soldiers.

As far as the sniffle part.. only affected early spring from Sweet Gum & Pine.
    Haven't had flu for almost a decade.. I don't get vax'd either.
    And this is me talking.. keep your mask and Japan

js
    I feel you man. I'm not sure how I feel about the vax stance. I choose to trust in our government when it comes to medical science. But, as long you don't hurt other people, you should be free to do whatever you want.
    I like Japan man. They gave us Dragon Ball Z man!

But the fact you haven't gotten sick in a decade is pretty incredible. You must have quite the immune system. I suffer from hay fever once a year during spring season routinely man. I take an antihistamine daily during spring. :\ God I hate spring.

(I said trust. But this doesn't mean I'm not skeptical. But I'm not a medical doctor, and I have limited understanding of the science behind them. Not ashamed to admit my limitations.)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Hanlon's razor brother. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence".

I think it's more likely that Ratcliffe is incompetent, than to think Trump is some guy with the horns and tail with a trident fork eager to kill American soldiers.

I feel you man. I'm not sure how I feel about the vax stance. I choose to trust in our government when it comes to medical science. But, as long you don't hurt other people, you should be free to do whatever you want.

But the fact you haven't gotten sick in a decade is pretty incredible. You must have quite the immune system. I suffer from hay fever once a year during spring season routinely man. I take an antihistamine daily during spring. :\ God I hate spring.

(I said trust. But this doesn't mean I'm not skeptical. But I'm not a medical doctor, and I have limited understanding of the science behind them. Not ashamed to admit my limitations.)
    You would think that having diabetes.. (they say is an immune problem) that I WOULD be more prone to flu.. but at 63 I feel I am in better shape than some 40-50 yr old blobs.

You would think that having diabetes.. (they say is an immune problem) that I WOULD be more prone to flu.. but at 63 I feel I am in better shape than some 40-50 yr old blobs.

I'm 30, my body feels like I'm 50, and I'm ready to retire brother. Might stop by the Social Security Administration and say "I'm done. Give me my money please. I'm done with working! Let the truth be known"

Eh... Who am I kidding, I'll never get my Social Security. Let the truth be known By the time I retire that money is going to be looong gone.

I'm ready to retire though.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials

In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

The calls caused former top Trump deputies -- including national security advisers H.R. McMaster and John Bolton, Defense Secretary James Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and White House chief of staff John Kelly, as well as intelligence officials -- to conclude that the President was often "delusional," as two sources put it, in his dealings with foreign leaders. The sources said there was little evidence that the President became more skillful or competent in his telephone conversations with most heads of state over time. Rather, he continued to believe that he could either charm, jawbone or bully almost any foreign leader into capitulating to his will, and often pursued goals more attuned to his own agenda than what many of his senior advisers considered the national interest.

These officials' concerns about the calls, and particularly Trump's deference to Putin, take on new resonance with reports the President may have learned in March that Russia had offered the Taliban bounties to kill US troops in Afghanistan -- and yet took no action. CNN's sources said there were calls between Putin and Trump about Trump's desire to end the American military presence in Afghanistan but they mentioned no discussion of the supposed Taliban bounties.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Hey, i personally think trump is an absolute douche bag, but I said nothing about him wanting to kill US soldiers. However, I believe he is the incompetent one and has surrounded himself with a bunch of yes men/women and they lie for him because he fires people who won't

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials
    From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials - CNNPolitics

Sigh... Sensationalism again.

Pandering, that's opinion, and speculation.

LET'S READ THE FIRST AND SECOND PARAGRAPH OF THIS ARTICLE TOGETHER.

"In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues"
    Hundreds? Where can I see these classified phone calls? Is there a transcript? Didn't find one. Citation needed.

"so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan"
    Holy crap, this is opinion. That is entirely subjective. Why is this in a "News" article, and not Op-Ed?

" and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies"
    Again, subjective AF. This is opinion, why is this not an OP-ED?

"the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States"
    Opinion again.

"according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations."
    Who? Citation needed. Letters, transcripts, recordings, ANYTHING.

"The calls caused former top Trump deputies"
    Calls? What calls? To who? When? What was the context? See, it should say "On Nov 4th, at 11:06 AM, the following transcript shows the call with Putin and you can clearly see that Trump agreed to take it up the butt (Paragraph 3, line 5)." That simple.

" to conclude that the President was often "delusional," as two sources put it, in his dealings with foreign leaders"
    Delusional, that's opinion. This is supposed to be "news", not OP-ED. Two sources, WHO? What sources. I need NAMES. Foreign leaders? Who?

I haven't even started, and the amount of lies and fallacies on the FIRST and SECOND paragraph are insane. LINE BY LINE.

Do you see the problem brother? We need to learn how to read, and see the bullshit behind lines. Why post this when you can easily discredit everything from the first paragraph and second paragraph. Holy God my blood pressure levels went up. Holy God, this is the problem. Don't you see? Now, if this was an Op-Ed, THAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT. Because, they are telling the truth then, because it would be under opinion.

I'm so tired of CNN man. It makes us other milktoast liberals look... gullible.
    I recommend reading up on fallacies, don't let people lie to you anymore brother.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Hey, i personally think trump is an absolute douche bag
    Nuff' Said.