Re: Let the truth be known

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Nuff' Said.
    Very eloquent. Lol. But you may want to expand on that.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Hey Skynet have you heard this over there?

Around The World

Victims Stabbed to Death After Black Lives Matter Rally in Britain Were ‘Proud’ LGBT Activists
    No I hadn't when two 'identities' that they love to promote clash like this the media over here generally leaves it alone.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Trump Got Written Briefing In Feb. About Possible Russian Bounties

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Trump Got Written Briefing In Feb. About Possible Russian Bounties
    The investigation into the suspected Russian covert operation to incentivize such killings has focused in part on an April 2019 car bombing that killed three Marines as one such potential attack, according to multiple officials familiar with the matter.

Moreover, a description of the intelligence assessment that the Russian unit had carried out the bounties plot was also seen as serious and solid enough to disseminate more broadly across the intelligence community in a May 4, 2020 articlein the C.I.A.’s World Intelligence Review, a classified compendium commonly referred to as The Wire, two officials said.

So, it took them over a year to finally "disseminate" the CLASSIFIED material "across the intelligence community". Why wouldn't they have spread that information sooner? Unless.....they didn't find it credible at the time.
    “There was not a consensus among the intelligence community,” Ms. McEnany said. “And, in fact, there were dissenting opinions within the intelligence community, and it would not be elevated to the president until it was verified.”

I can imagine there are hundreds, if not thousands, of such threats/ rumors/ bounties/ etc., that the intelligence community has to sift through daily/ weekly, and sometimes things like this can be "overlooked" or brushed off as "non-verifiable".
    And if we agree that it's "Classified and Top Secret", Why the fuck is it being leaked to the media? Whoever the leaks are, and the complicit media sources that publish the information, are the single biggest threat to our national security.

"Late on Monday, John Ratcliffe, the recently confirmed director of national intelligence, issued a statement warning that leaks about the matter were a crime." - (It's about time! The leaking of sensitive intelligence should be a punishable offense.........oh wait......IT IS! They need to start charging the media and their "confidential/ anonymous/ unnamed sources" with Crimes under the Espionage act!).
    "The leaks are still criminal acts subject to stiff penalties under the Espionage Act (including death if the leak resulted in the death of a covert agent)."

NYT - Trump Got Written Briefing in February on Possible Russian Bounties, Officials Say -
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    The investigation into the suspected Russian covert operation to incentivize such killings has focused in part on an April 2019 car bombing that killed three Marines as one such potential attack, according to multiple officials familiar with the matter.

Moreover, a description of the intelligence assessment that the Russian unit had carried out the bounties plot was also seen as serious and solid enough to disseminate more broadly across the intelligence community in a May 4, 2020 articlein the C.I.A.’s World Intelligence Review, a classified compendium commonly referred to as The Wire, two officials said.

So, it took them over a year to finally "disseminate" the CLASSIFIED material "across the intelligence community". Why wouldn't they have spread that information sooner? Unless.....they didn't find it credible at the time.
    “There was not a consensus among the intelligence community,” Ms. McEnany said. “And, in fact, there were dissenting opinions within the intelligence community, and it would not be elevated to the president until it was verified.”

I can imagine there are hundreds, if not thousands, of such threats/ rumors/ bounties/ etc., that the intelligence community has to sift through daily/ weekly, and sometimes things like this can be "overlooked" or brushed off as "non-verifiable".
    And if we agree that it's "Classified and Top Secret", Why the fuck is it being leaked to the media? Whoever the leaks are, and the complicit media sources that publish the information, are the single biggest threat to our national security.

"Late on Monday, John Ratcliffe, the recently confirmed director of national intelligence, issued a statement warning that leaks about the matter were a crime." - (It's about time! The leaking of sensitive intelligence should be a punishable offense.........oh wait......IT IS! They need to start charging the media and their "confidential/ anonymous/ unnamed sources" with Crimes under the Espionage act!).
    "The leaks are still criminal acts subject to stiff penalties under the Espionage Act (including death if the leak resulted in the death of a covert agent)."

NYT - Trump Got Written Briefing in February on Possible Russian Bounties, Officials Say -
    So your problem is the leak or that Americans soldiers were targeted by Russia and Trump knew about and did and is still doing Nothing.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Federal Appeals Court Makes Significant Voting Restrictions Ruling

A federal appeals court panel upheld a host of Republican-authored voting restrictions in Wisconsin on Monday, handing conservatives a significant win just months before residents in the battleground state cast their ballots for president.
    The three-judge panel of the 7th U.S. Circuit Court found that the state can restrict early voting hours and restored a requirement that people must live in a district for 28 days, not 10, before they can vote.
    The judges, all Republican appointees, also said emailing and faxing absentee ballots is unconstitutional.

Judge Frank Easterbrook, who wrote the opinion, noted that even with the rules, Wisconsin voters enjoy more ways to register and cast their ballots than people in other states. He also said Wisconsin sees higher turnout than other states.
    “Wisconsin has lots of rules that make voting easier,” Easterbrook wrote. “These facts matter when assessing challenges to a handful of rules that make voting harder.”

The state’s photo ID requirement for voters wasn’t in question, although the panel did find that expired student IDs are acceptable at the polls, keeping intact an option that allows people to vote without an ID if they show an affidavit saying they tried to obtain one.
    Still, Democrats railed against the decision, calling it an “assault on our democracy.”

“As Trump and his team become increasingly nervous for November, a Republican-controlled court just made another egregious assault on voting rights in Wisconsin,” state Democratic Party Chairman Ben Wikler said. “Trump knows his path to victory involves suppressing the vote as much as possible, and as we saw on April 7 when Republicans forced thousands of people to vote in-person during a pandemic, there is no low they aren’t willing to stoop to grab power.”
    U.S. District Judge James Peterson in Madison — appointed to the bench by Democratic President Barack Obama — threw out a host of the GOP’s election laws as unconstitutional in July 2016.

The statutes restricted early voting to weekends at only one location per municipality, replaced the state’s 10-day residency period for voting with a 28-day minimum and blocked voters from using expired student IDs at the polls.
    Liberal advocacy group One Wisconsin Institute and Citizen Action of Wisconsin Education Fund brought the lawsuit that sparked Peterson’s decision.
    That same month, U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman in Milwaukee — an appointee of Democratic President Bill Clinton — ruled that state residents who lack proper photo identification could vote with an affidavit affirming their identity. The American Civil Liberties Union brought the lawsuit that triggered the ruling.

The two rulings kept Wisconsin’s law requiring voters to show photo ID at the polls intact. But the decisions still marked a big win for Democrats, who have claimed Republicans are using the photo ID law and other voting limitations to discriminate against the poor, racial minorities and younger voters who are more likely to vote for Democrats.
    Meanwhile, Republicans have insisted the changes are designed to create uniform rules statewide and combat voter fraud.

Madison and Milwaukee, the state’s two most Democratic cities, used Peterson and Adelman’s rulings to expand early voting hours and locations in the 2018 election where Democrats won every statewide office.
    The 7th Circuit panel heard Republicans’ appeal in February 2017, more than three years ago.
    Since then, there has been a wave of new lawsuits that resulted in extended registration and voting deadlines for Wisconsin’s April 7 presidential primary and state Supreme Court election. Those cases are ongoing and rulings could affect the rules for the upcoming Aug. 11 primary and Nov. 3 presidential election.

#TRUMPPENCE2020

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Award-winning environmentalist pens eye-popping mea culpa, apologizes for his part in ‘climate scare’

A high profile environmental activist issued a formal apology for the “fear mongering” created by those warning of climate change and had his article pulled by Forbes.
    Michael Shellenberger, winner of the 2008 Green Book Award and Time’s “Hero of the Environment,” said he was speaking on behalf of other environmentalists when he announced he wanted to “formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years.”
    The author of the new book, “Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All,” dismantled a dozen climate myths in a piece published by Forbes on Monday. But links to the article lead to a message that the page is “no longer active.”
    “I know things are crazy right now but this is really a big deal,” One America News journalist Jack Posobiec noted in a tweet, referring to Shellenberger’s remarks but linking to a Breitbart article. Other sources began to share the article as well.

“Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem,” Shellenberger wrote in the piece which was carried by online magazine Quillette. “I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.”
    He went on to explain that he felt “an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public,” noting that he was asked to be an expert reviewer for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change as well as serve as an energy expert for the U.S. Congress.
    He went on to note different climate change claims that actually have no scientific backing.
    “Humans are not causing a ‘sixth mass extinction,’” Shellenberger noted, adding that climate change “is not making natural disasters worse” and that, contrary to activists’ claims, the Amazon “is not ‘the lungs of the world.'”
    “Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003,” he clarified, but pointed out that the increase in the number of fires in Australia and California is the result – not of climate change – but of a “build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests.”

“Carbon emissions have been declining in rich nations for decades and peaked in Britain, Germany and France in the mid-seventies,” he wrote.
    “We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter,” he contended, adding that wood fuel “is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels.”
    I know that the above facts will sound like ‘climate denialism’ to many people. But that just shows the power of climate alarmism,” he wrote, noting that the “facts come from the best-available scientific studies.”
    “Some people will, when they read this, imagine that I’m some right-wing anti-environmentalist. I’m not,” Shellenberger told readers, giving some more background on his own environmental journey and revealing that he had “mostly avoided speaking out against the climate scare” because he was “embarrassed.”
    “After all, I am as guilty of alarmism as any other environmentalist. For years, I referred to climate change as an ‘existential’ threat to human civilization, and called it a ‘crisis,'” he admitted.
    Shellenberger noted that the main reason for not speaking up, however, was a fear of “losing friends and funding,” recounting that when he did speak up over the years, he “suffered harsh consequences.” He admitted that he had not spoken up even when “outstanding scientist, good man, and friend of mine, Roger Pielke, Jr., a lifelong progressive Democrat and environmentalist” was attacked after he testified in favor of carbon regulations.
    “But then, last year, things spiraled out of control,” Shellenberger wrote.
    “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said, ‘The world is going to end in twelve years if we don’t address climate change.” Britain’s most high-profile environmental group claimed ‘Climate Change Kills Children,’” he explained, giving other examples of misinformation that sent people into a panic about the reality of climate change.
    “As a result, half of the people surveyed around the world last year said they thought climate change would make humanity extinct,” Shellenberger wrote, adding that his “formal apology for our fear-mongering” can be found in his new book.
    “Once you realize just how badly misinformed we have been, often by people with plainly unsavory or unhealthy motivations, it is hard not to feel duped,” he wrote.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    I'm 30, my body feels like I'm 50, and I'm ready to retire brother. Might stop by the Social Security Administration and say "I'm done. Give me my money please. I'm done with working! Let the truth be known"

Eh... Who am I kidding, I'll never get my Social Security. Let the truth be known By the time I retire that money is going to be looong gone.

I'm ready to retire though.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
    You're way to young to feel fifty. Without knowing your diet it sounds like you may have body fluid retention ,caused from a few different things.

If your body is storing heavywater H4O you may need to drink alkaline water to hydrade your body, which will give you back your youthful get up and go. You can buy commercial microcluster/alkaline water machine off the internet. Or you can simply build your own....

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••