Re: Let the truth be known

'Be a patriot': Biden backs nationwide mask mandate to fight virus

White House hopeful Joe Biden on Thursday called for a nationwide mask-wearing mandate for the next three months, drawing a contrast with President Donald Trump as the challenger makes coronavirus pandemic recovery a focal point of his campaign.

Declaring that "every single American should be wearing a mask" while outside their home, Biden called on governors of all 50 states to institute a national mask mandate "starting immediately" as a way to halt the virus's spread and save tens of thousands of lives.

"Look, this is America. Be a patriot," Biden, with his newly named running mate Kamala Harris standing nearby and wearing a face covering, told reporters near his home in Delaware.

"Protect your fellow citizens, step up, do the right thing," Biden added.

Health experts remain adamant about the need for people to wear masks and maintain social distance to defeat a pandemic that has already infected 20 million people and killed 750,000 worldwide.

Even as COVID-19 rages in the United States, Trump has steadfastly ignored recommendations that people wear masks. He himself did not wear one in public until July 11.

"Americans must have their freedoms," Trump said at a White House press briefing, as he accused Biden of "playing politics with the virus" with his call for a mandate.

"We will continue to urge Americans to wear masks when they cannot socially distance, but we do not need to bring the full weight of the federal government down on law-abiding Americans to accomplish this."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

As More Vote by Mail, Faulty Ballots Could Impact Elections - The New York Times

"A 2012 report in The New York Times noted that voter fraud involving mail-in ballots “is vastly more prevalent than the in-person voting fraud."

Even as far back as 2000, the WSJ reported:
    According to a Wall Street Journal report on voter exploitation in Hispanic communities in Texas, mail-in ballots have “spawned a mini-industry of 'ballot brokers' who use questionable techniques.” And the Poor, elderly, and minority communities are most likely to be preyed upon.

Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.

A CalTech/ MIT Voting study released in 2008 showed Concerns about fraud in mail-in ballots were serious enough that it
    recommended that states “restrict or abolish on-demand absentee and mail in voting in favor of in-person early voting.”

Our data show that between 4 and 6 million votes were
    lost in the 2000 election.
    mail-in techniques (absentee voting and all-mail voting) are fundamentally not secret ballots. Although laws prohibit coercing absentee voters, the physical protections against coercion that exist in a neighborhood precinctsuch as secrecy booths and buffer zones around polling placesare lacking. Concerns over coercion are especially acute in settings where voters may be reliant on care givers, as in nursing homes.

A second concern is fraud and security. Mail-in techniques rely on the delivery of ballots in unsecured modes.

The third concern is accuracy. Problems that voters might have in using voting technologies in precincts may be exacerbated in the mail-in settings.

Say No to Mass Mail-in Voting.

Omertà

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

... except when it is personally inconvenient for President Trump or his family = hypocrite!

Mail-in ballots sent to Trump in Florida despite repeated criticism of practice

Mail-in ballots sent to Trump in Florida despite repeated criticism of practice | CBC News

U.S. President Donald Trump has requested a mail-in ballot for Florida's Tuesday primary election, despite weeks of criticizing the practice.

Ballots were mailed on Wednesday to both the president and his wife, Melania Trump, at the Mar-a-Lago resort, which Trump lists as his legal address, according to online Palm Beach County elections records. Both previously voted by mail for the presidential preference primary in March, according to records.

Following multiple claims that mail-in voting was unsafe and vulnerable to fraud, Trump changed his mind about the practice last week, at least in Florida.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Judge orders Trump campaign to produce evidence of voter fraud in Pennsylvania

A federal judge in Pennsylvania told the Trump campaign and the Republican Party that they must produce evidence they have of vote-by-mail fraud in the state by Friday.

The judge's order, in a high-profile case about vote-by-mail in the battleground state, essentially forces the Trump campaign to try to back up President Donald Trump's false claims about massive voter fraud in postal voting.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post

"hey little girl you wanna play with my candy stick"..........grandpa joe...........
    Such a creepy pic................

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Judge orders Trump campaign to produce evidence of voter fraud in Pennsylvania

A federal judge in Pennsylvania told the Trump campaign and the Republican Party that they must produce evidence they have of vote-by-mail fraud in the state by Friday.

The judge's order, in a high-profile case about vote-by-mail in the battleground state, essentially forces the Trump campaign to try to back up President Donald Trump's false claims about massive voter fraud in postal voting.
    I have zero trust in the post office. I constantly get neighbors mail,they get mine,Other things never show up. Almost always when I order something online the free shipping is from the post office. I pay to have ups deliver. Post office has screwed up deliveries so many times. Or pay for priorty shipping and it finally gets to me a week and a half later. I have no doubt if there was widespread mail in voting it will be majorly screwed up. No matter who won I would not trust the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I have zero trust in the post office. I constantly get neighbors mail,they get mine,Other things never show up. Almost always when I order something online the free shipping is from the post office. I pay to have ups deliver. Post office has screwed up deliveries so many times. Or pay for priorty shipping and it finally gets to me a week and a half later. I have no doubt if there was widespread mail in voting it will be majorly screwed up. No matter who won I would not trust the results.
    Maybe thats how Trump won in 2016
    But his own handpicked voter fraud committee found NOTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Maybe thats how Trump won in 2016
    But his own handpicked voter fraud committee found NOTHING
    I am not even talking about voter fraud. I am saying I dont trust the post office. Even recently I read about a huge stash of mail that was found because the mailman didnt want to do his job. It would probably take months to come up with results of the election. And even then the results will be in question.