Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Biden Campaign Rejects Trump Campaign's Proposal To Salvage Remaining Debates

As the prospect of facing President Donald Trump face-to-face looms, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s campaign wants less and less to do with it.
    On Wednesday, the Commission on Presidential Debates said the scheduled Oct. 15 debate would be held virtually, citing Trump’s recent hospitalization with the coronavirus and existing rules regarding individuals remaining in quarantine after testing positive.
    The president labeled the proposal “ridiculous.”

“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” Trump said during an interview on Fox Business. “I’m not going to waste my time at a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate. It’s ridiculous. And then they cut you off whenever they want.”
    “They’re trying to protect Biden,” he said. “Everybody is.”

The Biden campaign’s first response was to suggest that one fewer debate be held, with the Oct. 22 showdown becoming a town hall-style forum, the format scheduled for the Oct. 15 debate, according to Fox News.
    The Trump campaign then proposed keeping two debates but changing the dates instead of the format, with one debate held Oct. 22 and the other Oct. 29. That was vetoed by the Biden campaign on the grounds that the Trump campaign cannot dictate when debates are held.

The Trump campaign said the unilateral decision to change the format of the Oct. 15 debate was a disservice to the voters.
    “The American people should not be deprived of the chance to see the two candidates for president debate face to face two more times just because the Commission on Presidential Debates wants to protect Joe Biden,” Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said in a statement.

The “new virtual format” was “extremely suspect,” Stepien said.
    “As President Trump said, a virtual debate is a non-starter and would clearly be a gift to Biden because he would be relying on his teleprompter from his basement bunker,” he said.
    Although the Biden campaign said the Trump campaign was trying to dodge a town hall-style event by rejecting the virtual format, Stepien said quite the reverse was true.

“Voters should have the opportunity to directly question Biden’s 47-year failed record of leadership,” he said. “We agree that this should happen on October 22, and accordingly, the third debate should then be shifted back one week to October 29.”

“[T]he CPD and the media cannot hide Joe Biden forever,” he said.

“Trump’s erratic behavior does not allow him to rewrite the calendar, and pick new dates of his choosing,” Bedingfield said. “We look forward to participating in the final debate, scheduled for October 22, which already is tied for the latest debate date in 40 years.”
    ABC News was quick to fill the Oct. 15 void, scheduling a town hall event with Biden in Philadelphia that night.

The former vice president said he will do as the commission said and ridiculed Trump.
    “We don’t know what the president is going to do, he changes his mind every second so for me to comment on that now would be irresponsible. I think that if — I’m going to follow the commission recommendations. If he goes off and he’s going to have a rally, I’ll — I don’t know what I’ll do,” Biden said, according to Fox News.
    “You never know what’s going to come out of his mouth,” he said.

With the indictment on the Bidens, who knows IF Biden won't be in prison shortly after the election.

Debate dodging donny is the one who chose not to participate.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Typical left ' moving the goalposts when it suits them ' two of the moderators were clearly covering for Sleepy Joe and Knee pads.
    Because DJT and Mr. Pence won their debates Because Joe n da Ho refused to answer key questions.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    A debate is when 2 or more candidates are on the same stage and are able to ask questions directly of the other candidate(s). It is No Show Biden who wants a Zoom session. If Creepy Joe is afraid of SARS-CoV-2 then he can insist on the plexiglass partitions like they used for VP debate and maintain at least ten feet between individuals. Oh and 2 moderators, 1 chosen by each candidate. A candidate's microphone can only be muted if both moderators agree. Actually I think the debate that would go on between the 2 moderators would be very entertaining.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Typical left ' moving the goalposts when it suits them ' two of the moderators were clearly covering for Sleepy Joe and Knee pads.
    Because DJT and Mr. Pence won their debates Because Joe n da Ho refused to answer key questions.
    Be careful, it may be possible to catch covid by kissing debate dodging donny's ass. Haha 😎

PS. The first debate was just trump talking over everyone with nothing actually being said.
    The VP debate was a boring nothing burger without a winner. All it proved was pence is a good little parrot harris is kinda condescending.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    A debate is when 2 or more candidates are on the same stage and are able to ask questions directly of the other candidate(s). It is No Show Biden who wants a Zoom session. If Creepy Joe is afraid of SARS-CoV-2 then he can insist on the plexiglass partitions like they used for VP debate and maintain at least ten feet between individuals. Oh and 2 moderators, 1 chosen by each candidate. A candidate's microphone can only be muted if both moderators agree. Actually I think the debate that would go on between the 2 moderators would be very entertaining.
    The fact that debate dodging donny doesn't care if he infects people with this potentially deadly virus is reason enough not to want to be anywhere close to this selfish idiot.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Great points! Totally agree, never been in a debate in school where the two people were in different buildings.
    They want to move the goalposts when they are losing, then just like a liberal they blame you for what they are doing.

Let the truth be known

The latest revelations show Team Obama invented the whole RussiaGate scandal

In mid-2016, the FBI got word that Russian intelligence believed Hillary Clinton’s campaign was planning to frame Donald Trump as colluding with Russia’s Vladimir Putin to hack her computers. Yet somehow, the crack agents never connected the dots when handed the Steele “dossier” commissioned and paid for by the Clinton campaign that claimed Trump was colluding with Putin.
    Instead, the Justice Department used that dossier as a pretext to spy on at least Trump aide Carter Page as it investigated the clearly spurious charges. Justice also distorted the facts about Page’s past relations with the CIA to suggest he had a history of working with Russian agents when his actual record involved turning them in. Meanwhile, it buried the fact that Steele’s main source was himself a suspected Russian agent.
    Nor did it connect the dots to another “Russiagate” lead, the third-hand rumors passed along by a Clinton-allied diplomat that supposedly implicated another Trump aide, George Papadopoulos.
    The news of the 2016 intel comes from Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe’s gradual release of Russiagate records — which show that the true scandal was the investigation itself.
    Maybe the Russian analysis was mistaken. But the info should have prompted far greater skepticism on all the Clinton-connected “dirt” on Trump, none of which ever panned out, despite years of investigation.
    From Justice to the CIA, the Obama administration politicized a host of nonpartisan institutions to stain the Trump campaign and then sabotage the Trump administration. And, with selective leaks to major media, the plotters managed to convince much of the country.

The info was credible on its face: US intelligence “obtained insight” into the Russian analysis using highly classified methods (which are redacted in the now-public documents). The Russians had determined that Clinton wanted to blame Trump for the hacking of Democratic National Committee e-mails to distract from the growing scandal over her use of a non-secure home-brew server for official business as secretary of state.
    The US intel community found it was authentic Russian analysis, though it couldn’t judge the veracity of the claim. And President Barack Obama was briefed on it, per his CIA director, John Brennan. In notes also released last week, Brennan describes telling Obama about the “alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 28 of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisers to villify [sic] Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.”
    Brennan, as Andrew C. McCarthy details in his book “Ball of Collusion,” was the main driver of the early Russiagate investigation. Soon after the start of Crossfire Hurricane (as the investigation was code-named), Brennan briefed Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on alleged Russian election interference. Reid then wrote to then-FBI Director James Comey, warning him not to ignore “the evidence of a direct connection between the Russian government and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.” Reid pointed to reporting that said Page had met Kremlin agents in Moscow — information that came from the Steele dossier, which was nothing but gossip fed to Steele by a man America deemed a security risk.

Soon the FBI began applying to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court for a surveillance warrant on Page — applications the DOJ inspector general later found riddled with errors and misstatements.
    Attorney General Bill Barr has tasked US Attorney John Durham with getting to the bottom of all this: How did Crossfire Hurricane start and how did it continue for months and months after it was clear investigators could find no evidence of Russian collusion and realized the Steele dossier was utter junk?
    Yet Durham seems bent on building criminal cases — not on clearing the air before Election Day. That’s a prosecutor’s job, but the greater public interest probably lies in getting all the info out as soon as possible. Americans deserve more answers before going to the polls.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

GALLUP: Whopping 56% Of Americans Say They’re Better Off Than Four Years Ago, Just 32% Say They Aren’t

In 1980, during his presidential campaign, Ronald Reagan asked Americans, “Are you better off today than you were four years ago?”
    The question has since become a key barometer that presidential candidates ask Americans to consider as they mull whom to vote for in the quadrennial battle for the White House.
    It’s important to point out that the poll came long after lockdowns over the pandemic crashed the economy, leaving millions without jobs and plunging the economy into recession.

Even more important is a comparison with previous presidents who were seeking re-election. In December 2012, shortly after President Barack Obama was re-elected, Gallup found 45% felt that they were better off than four years ago. Just before President George W. Bush was re-elected in 2004, Gallup found that 47% said they were better off. And before Reagan won re-election in a 49-state landslide in 1984, 44% said they were better off.

I will agree with this poll, and say that over the past 4 years my family and friends and myself are MUCH better off than we have ever been.
    A couple of family members had their best gains and profits from the last couple of years in the stock market. There were some "nervous times", but the good outweighed the bad in those instances.
    Some other friends and family, myself included, were able to save thousands of dollars at tax time the last 2 years with the Obamacare "mandate" being nixed, and the standard deduction being increased, and the child tax credit being doubled, under Trump's tax cuts. One of those friends was able to take that money he saved and apply it to the down-payment/ closing costs for the house they bought. So, even something as small as those tax-time changes has made a HUGE impact on a lot of people's lives.
    My father's small business and the business I work for also saw positive changes from Trump's tax bill.
    My grandparents and others' grandparents have said that their prescription drug prices have become cheaper, allowing them to save some money, which in turn makes for more gifts and such at christmas and birthday parties for the grandkids and great grand children.
    My step sister who lives in Seattle and works for the feds saw one of her biggest pay raises under Trump, and was able to utilize the The Federal Employee Paid Leave Act when her and her husband had their daughter earlier this year.
    Under the First Step Act, an old acquaintance of mine was able to get out of prison much earlier than expected (2 years early) after they reworked his "good-time" and "time served" numbers.

KEEP IT UP PRESIDENT TRUMP!
    Omertà