Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    GALLUP: Whopping 56% Of Americans Say They’re Better Off Than Four Years Ago, Just 32% Say They Aren’t

In 1980, during his presidential campaign, Ronald Reagan asked Americans, “Are you better off today than you were four years ago?”
    The question has since become a key barometer that presidential candidates ask Americans to consider as they mull whom to vote for in the quadrennial battle for the White House.
    It’s important to point out that the poll came long after lockdowns over the pandemic crashed the economy, leaving millions without jobs and plunging the economy into recession.

Even more important is a comparison with previous presidents who were seeking re-election. In December 2012, shortly after President Barack Obama was re-elected, Gallup found 45% felt that they were better off than four years ago. Just before President George W. Bush was re-elected in 2004, Gallup found that 47% said they were better off. And before Reagan won re-election in a 49-state landslide in 1984, 44% said they were better off.

I will agree with this poll, and say that over the past 4 years my family and friends and myself are MUCH better off than we have ever been.
    A couple of family members had their best gains and profits from the last couple of years in the stock market. There were some "nervous times", but the good outweighed the bad in those instances.
    Some other friends and family, myself included, were able to save thousands of dollars at tax time the last 2 years with the Obamacare "mandate" being nixed, and the standard deduction being increased, and the child tax credit being doubled, under Trump's tax cuts. One of those friends was able to take that money he saved and apply it to the down-payment/ closing costs for the house they bought. So, even something as small as those tax-time changes has made a HUGE impact on a lot of people's lives.
    My father's small business and the business I work for also saw positive changes from Trump's tax bill.
    My grandparents and others' grandparents have said that their prescription drug prices have become cheaper, allowing them to save some money, which in turn makes for more gifts and such at christmas and birthday parties for the grandkids and great grand children.
    My step sister who lives in Seattle and works for the feds saw one of her biggest pay raises under Trump, and was able to utilize the The Federal Employee Paid Leave Act when her and her husband had their daughter earlier this year.
    Under the First Step Act, an old acquaintance of mine was able to get out of prison much earlier than expected (2 years early) after they reworked his "good-time" and "time served" numbers.

KEEP IT UP PRESIDENT TRUMP!
    As everybody knows, Trump inherited a growing economy and it continued. THANKS OBAMA!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    As everybody knows, Trump inherited a growing economy and it continued. THANKS OBAMA!!
    HA! Thanks for the laugh!
    As everybody knows, Trump took the sluggish, weak, and stagnant economy that obama left behind, and turned it into the Booming, Strong, and Vibrant economy we have now!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK PRESIDENT TRUMP!
    Omertà

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

As everybody knows, Trump took the sluggish, weak, and stagnant economy that obama left behind, and turned it into the Booming, Strong, and Vibrant economy we have now!

Obama left us with a 1.9 GDP.. trump took it to 3.x GDP in less than a year. Obama sucks Moochelles cock

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Obama left us with a 1.9 GDP.. trump took it to 3.x GDP in less than a year. Obama sucks Moochelles cock
    I really hate to interrupt your echo party with facts, but here we are....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...mnMH9TxAt0VSVD

Let the truth be known

Just shows what stupid people Sleepy Joe has on his campaign!

CNN’s Jake Tapper Wrecks Clueless Biden Spokesperson: ‘That’s Not What The Word Constitutional Means’

CNN host Jake Tapper repeatedly backed Biden campaign spokesperson Kate Bedingfield into a corner on Sunday morning over the Biden campaign’s recent remarks, or lack thereof, on the issue of court-packing.
    Tapper played comments from Biden where the Democratic presidential candidate falsely claimed that what the Senate was doing by moving to confirm Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett was “not constitutional.”

“How is it not constitutional what they’re doing?” Tapper asked.
    “His point is that the people have an opportunity to weigh in on this constitutional process through their vote,” Bedingfield claimed. “And we are now in the midst of the election. Millions of people have already cast their votes. And you see that the vast majority of people say that they want the person who wins the election on November 3 to nominate the justice to take this seat.”

“That’s a poll,” Tapper mocked. “That’s not the Constitution.”

“So, by trying to — by trying to — that is their — there’s the constitutional process of advise and consent,” she said. “The American people get to have their say by voting for president, by voting for senators. We are now 23 days from the election.”
    “Right, but it’s not unconstitutional,” Tapper responded.
    “Again, millions of — millions of votes, millions of votes, they’re being — voters are being denied their constitutional right to have a say in this process,” she claimed.

“They elected the Senate,” Tapper laughed.
    “The Republicans are trying to ram through — are trying to ram through a nominee, who, by the way, is going to change the makeup of the court,” she claimed. “And we see time and time again, poll after poll shows that most Americans vehemently disagree with this.”
    “Again, Kate, that’s a poll,” Tapper fired back. “That’s not what the word constitutional means. Constitutional doesn’t mean, I like it or I don’t like it. It means, it’s according to the U.S. Constitution. There’s nothing unconstitutional about what the U.S. Senate is doing.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315334445394731008

Tapper continued grilling the struggling Biden spokesperson on court-packing, having to remind her that CNN gets “to ask Democrats questions, too.”
    “And this is a simple — it’s a simple question. And it’s one, frankly, that Trump did not invent. It came from the progressives in the Democratic Party,” Tapper said. “And I thought it was odd when Vice President Biden said the other day, in response to a reporter’s question, that voters do not deserve an answer on this. Of course voters deserve an answer on his position on every issue.”
    “Well, we’re not going to play their game,” Bedingfield claimed, ignoring the fact that Tapper had just pointed out that the issue was coming from the political Left. “He’s given an answer. He’s answered the question. I mean, he has probably answered this question 15 times over the course of the last week. The answer is: I am not going to play Donald Trump’s game.”
    “[Alright],” Tapper laughed.

“I am not going to allow the terms of this debate to shift to a hypothetical that assumes, by the way, that we, the Democrats, are going to lose here,” Bedingfield claimed. However, the issue of court-packing did not arise because of the assumption that Democrats might lose, it came up because it was a hypothetical of what Democrats might do if they win.
    “I mean, that’s really — that’s what’s at the core of this argument they’re making. It assumes that we’re going to lose,” she continued to falsely claim. “Vice President Biden doesn’t accept that. He does not accept that. He’s focused on turning people out to vote, making sure their voice is heard, and making sure that they have a say in who the next Supreme Court justice is.”
    “All right, well, I think a serious policy question is not a game, and I don’t think it’s Trump’s game,” Tapper noted. “But, Kate Bedingfield, we always appreciate you coming on the show and answering the questions or deftly sidestepping them.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1315310801322991616

Imagine a campaign sooo weak as to let a know nothing female such as this to OPEN her mouth to respond to ANY QUESTION!? Stupid is as Stupid Joe Does!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

An economy that did not start growing until the last month and a half of 2016, after Donald J. Trump was elected. Even after everything the liberal media has done this year to kill the economy all 3 major US stock indices are still much higher than they were 4 years ago. Now go worry about your own sucky Canadian economy.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Arrow Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    An economy that did not start growing until the last month and a half of 2016, after Donald J. Trump was elected. Even after everything the liberal media has done this year to kill the economy all 3 major US stock indices are still much higher than they were 4 years ago. Now go worry about your own sucky Canadian economy.
    Again, I know you dislike facts, but Obama in 2009 started the longest stretch of growth in US history.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1602528270254

Facts seem to bother the Republicans

Let the truth be known

Again, I know you dislike facts, but Obama in 2009 started the longest stretch of growth in US history.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1602528270254
    ha and how were his UNEMPLOYMENT stats?

where did our jobs go under Obama? (overseas/mexico)

how many mom n pops had to close due to regulations he set?

how many corporations had to close because of his actions?

how many people had to go on 32hrs instead of 40? did that increase the number of people taking on 2 jobs to make ends meet?

how many people went on the government teat? 14 million on SNAP!

there are too many facets to the economy gem than just a few talking points.
    Last edited by Phil B.; 10-13-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Facts seem to bother the Republicans
    no BUT we want ALL the facts mentioned not just YOUR facts.

there are always TWO or more sets of facts.. depending how you spin the argument.

ask the WHO and the CDC!

***NOTE see my post to CA for some FACTS that the dimwits don't want to talk about Obama on.**
    Last edited by Phil B.; 10-13-2020 at 01:29 AM.