Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

The great Texas climate catastrophe is heading your way

The Green New Deal has come, believe it or not, to the state of Texas. How's it working out so far?
    Well, the good news is all that alternative energy seems to have had a remarkable effect on the climate. Sunday night, parts of Texas got the temperatures that we typically see in Alaska. In fact, they were the same as they were in Alaska. So global warming is no longer a pressing concern in Houston.
    The bad news is, they don't have electricity. The windmills froze, so the power grid failed. Millions of Texans woke up Monday morning having to boil their water because with no electricity, it couldn't be purified.

The ironically named Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which oversees the grid, had no solution to any of this. They simply told people to stop using so much power to keep warm. So in Houston, hundreds of shivering Texans headed to the convention center like refugees to keep from freezing to death. Some Texans almost certainly did freeze to death. Later this week, we'll likely learn just how many more were killed as they tried to keep warm with jury-rigged heaters and barbecues and car exhaust.

That happens every time when the power goes out; even advanced societies become primitive and dangerous, and people die. We've seen it happen repeatedly in California for years now, rolling blackouts in a purportedly First World state that is slipping steadily into chaos.
    But who saw that coming in Texas? If there's one thing you would think Texas would be able to do, it's keep the lights on. Most electricity comes from natural gas and Texas produces more of that than any place on the continent. There are huge natural gas deposits all over the state. Running out of energy in Texas is like starving to death at the grocery store: You can only do it on purpose, and Texas did.
    Rather than celebrate and benefit from their state's vast natural resources, politicians took the fashionable route and became recklessly reliant on so-called alternative energy, meaning windmills. Fifteen years ago, there were virtually no wind farms in Texas. Last year, roughly a quarter of all electricity generated in the state came from wind. Local politicians were pleased by this. They bragged about it like there was something virtuous about destroying the landscape and degrading the power grid. Just last week, Republican Gov. Greg Abbott proudly accepted something called the Wind Leadership Award, given with gratitude by Tri Global Energy, a company getting rich from green energy.
    So it was all working great until the day it got cold outside. The windmills failed like the silly fashion accessories they are, and people in Texas died. This is not to beat up on the state of Texas -- it's a great state, actually -- but to give you some sense of what's about to happen to you.

Here's President Biden last month:
    BIDEN, JAN. 27: In my view, we’ve already waited too long to deal with this climate crisis ... That’s why I’m signing today an executive order to supercharge our administration['s] ambitious plan to confront the existential threat of climate change. And it is an existential threat.
    "Climate crisis", "existential threat", "ambitious plan". You hear those phrases a lot and you'll notice that they are all suspiciously non-precise. So what do they mean for you? Will they mean higher energy prices? For starters, gas prices are already up, in case you haven't noticed. Electricity will follow. Higher costs hurt the weakest, inflation always does, but it's worse than that. Green energy inevitably means blackouts. Someday that may change as technology progresses, but as of right now and given the current state of technology, green energy means a less reliable power grid. It means failures like the ones we're seeing now in Texas. That's not a talking point, that is true. It's science. So of course, they're denying it.
    Here's our new climate czar taking a quick break from spewing carbon in his private jet to lecture the rest of us about a topic he personally knows nothing about: Private sector jobs and how more windmills are going to generate tons of them:

Let the truth be known

A to Z: List of Phobias, From the Strange to the Common

A to Z: Strange and Common List of Phobias
    By Kendra Cherry Medically reviewed by Steven Gans, MD Updated on August 13, 2020
    Phobias are one of the most common mental illnesses in the United States. The National Institute of Mental Health suggests that 8% of U.S. adults have some type of phobia. Women are more likely to experience phobias than men. Typical symptoms of phobias can include nausea, trembling, rapid heartbeat, feelings of unreality, and being preoccupied with the fear object.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post

By Kendra Cherry Medically reviewed by Steven Gans, MD Updated on August 13, 2020
    Phobias are one of the most common mental illnesses in the United States. The National Institute of Mental Health suggests that 8% of U.S. adults have some type of phobia. Women are more likely to experience phobias than men. Typical symptoms of phobias can include nausea, trembling, rapid heartbeat, feelings of unreality, and being preoccupied with the fear object.

If this doesn't scare the hell out of you, nothing will.

EDIT: Do not watch this video if you're a straight male. It will make you lose your breakfast.

Let the truth be known

Is liberal France starting to wake up?

France Votes on Government Oversight of Mosques Law, Islamism Crackdown

PARIS (AP) – France´s lower house of parliament is voting Tuesday on a bill that would strengthen government oversight of mosques and religious schools and crack down on polygamy and forced marriage, among other measures aimed at rooting out Islamic radicalism.
    The bill is part of broader French efforts to fight extremism in recent years that gained new urgency after a teacher was beheaded in October and other attacks. President Emmanuel Macron says the efforts are also needed to protect French values like gender equality and secularism from encroaching fundamentalism in some communities.

But many French Muslims say the draft law limits religious freedom and unfairly targets them, and say France already has enough laws to fight terrorist violence. Critics call the bill a political maneuver by Macron to win support from conservative and far-right voters ahead of next year´s presidential election.
    The bill is expected to win approval in the National Assembly, which is dominated by Macron’s centrist party, as well as the conservative-led Senate.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post

And you suffer from at least 2.
    1. Trump Derangement Syndrome, the irrational hatred of Donald Trump.
    2. Conservatiphobia, the irrational fear and hatred of anyone and anything Conservative.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If this doesn't scare the hell out of you, nothing will.

EDIT: Do not watch this video if you're a straight male. It will make you lose your breakfast.

And yet you watched it and posted it. Hmmmmmm

Let the truth be known

Great news for Small Business Owners from Joe Biden:

Q: “What is President Biden doing for my small business?”

PASKI: “First and foremost, he nominated a woman to lead the Small Business administration.”

I never knew that having a person in charge with a pussy was good for my small business? If she has a big pussy, is that better for my small business? What if she has a smelly cunt? Is that bad for my small business?

EDIT: I apologize to those that I may have offended. Please don't report me.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Great news for Small Business Owners from Joe Biden:

Q: “What is President Biden doing for my small business?”

PASKI: “First and foremost, he nominated a woman to lead the Small Business administration.”

I never knew that having a person in charge with a pussy was good for my small business? If she has a big pussy, is that better for my small business? What if she has a smelly cunt? Is that bad for my small business?

EDIT: I apologize to those that I may have offended. Please don't report me.
    Count on at LEAST three reports.
    Do I have to specify the names for you brother? Let the truth be known

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Count on at LEAST three reports.
    Do I have to specify the names for you brother? Let the truth be known

Just got a call for service.
    Person gave me their address, 1 mile away. They DEMANDED I come out right away, also DEMANDED I wear a mask, after I stated to them to bring to me , a brother inkjet.
    Cruised by their house ALL three cars in drive had Biden stickers on them.
    I called them from the end of their drive " sorry I can't help you.."
    YOU are the recommended brother service tech."
    Yes but due to covid I cannot service your printer in your house"
    You sound like a Trump Supporter"
    No ma'am just following Brother guidelines, your printer MUST be taken to a ASC.

HOW'D SHE KNOW?

I'D rather give up the 65bucks than deal with a bitch like that. WARRANTY CALL.