Re: Let the truth be known

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Let the truth be known

Hell some people already have to "show their papers" not to prove citizenry, but to show they buckled to the plandemic shot. Now this!?

Biden Admin Takes Card from Nazi Germany, Asks Americans to Report 'Potentially' Radicalized Friends and Family

Throughout former President Donald Trump’s tenure, his opponents on the left continually tried to paint him as a dictator. Many went as far as to compare him to Adolf Hitler, one of the evilest tyrants in the history of the world.
    The Washington Post published an article on July 16, 2018, headlined “It’s not wrong to compare Trump’s America to the Holocaust. Here’s why.”
    It argued that while Trump was not pursuing a mass genocide, the Trump administration could be compared to Nazi Germany because they both used “dehumanizing language,” and that “child detention centers” were comparable to “concentration camps.”
    These accusations are obviously ridiculous, and yet they were relatively common among members of the establishment media during Trump’s presidency.
    It seems hypocritical, then, that the establishment media would ignore a strategy from the Biden administration taken straight out of the playbook of Nazi Germany. And yet that is exactly what they are doing right now.

According to a White House transcript from Monday, an unidentified senior official in the Biden administration discussed plans meant to curb domestic terrorism.
    “This involves creating contexts in which those who are family members or friends or co-workers know that there are pathways and avenues to raise concerns and seek help for those who they have perceived to be radicalizing and potentially radicalizing towards violence,” he said.
    In other words, the Biden administration is actively encouraging American citizens to report their friends and family to the government if they “perceive” them to be too radical.
    What exactly constitutes radical behavior? The official did not clarify, but considering all the talk from Democrats about Trump presenting a threat to democracy, it would be hard to trust their judgment.

“Biden began his presidency with a stark warning in his inauguration speech about the ‘rise in political extremism, white supremacy, domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat,'” Breitbart’s Charlie Spiering wrote Tuesday.
    “On June 1, Biden described the threat from ‘white supremacy’ as the ‘most lethal threat to the homeland today.'”
    Given the left’s tendency to call everything it doesn’t like “white supremacy,” there is no telling what might constitute “radical” or dangerous behavior in their minds.
    This policy bears a striking resemblance to Germany under Hitler, where people were encouraged to report their neighbors, families and friends to the Gestapo for certain offenses. According to the Wiener Holocaust Library, these informants played a big role in enabling the Nazi regime.
    “Nazi propaganda presented the Gestapo as an omnipresent all-seeing, all-knowing group, but in reality there was just one secret police officer for approximately every 10,000 citizens of Nazi Germany,” it said. “The Gestapo were therefore reliant on a network of thousands of informants.”

An obvious problem arose from this system, the library noted: Informants began to report people based on “rumor or suspicion” instead of facts.
    It is not hard to imagine a similar issue arising in America under this Biden administration policy. What is to stop a leftist from reporting someone for flying a Trump flag outside his or her house, for example?
    When the establishment media promulgate the idea that Trump is a threat to democracy, that implies his supporters also represent a threat.
    One can see why the idea that anyone on the other side of the aisle is a “threat,” mixed with the proposition of reporting your neighbors, could present a serious problem.
    This is not to say that Americans should ignore the potential threat of violence. If people suspect that their neighbor or friend is engaging in criminal activity or planning some sort of attack, they should definitely call the police.
    However, informing the government of anything you perceive as radical is a lot different from reporting a crime. It encourages citizens to turn each other in based solely on their political leanings.

To be clear, the United States is not Nazi Germany, no matter who is in power. But the media watchdogs who compared Trump to Hitler could at least mention how radical this new policy really is.

Let the truth be known

Newsweek

@Newsweek

Noor bin Ladin, Osama bin Laden’s niece, waves around a “Trump Won” banner while aboard a boat on Lake Geneva the day before President Joe Biden held a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Geneva.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1405581003113050125

Let the truth be known

Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Rise to 412,000

New claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly rose last week, the first such setback for the labor market since April.
    The Labor Department said Thursday that jobless claims rose 37,000 from the week before to a seasonally adjusted 412,000. The number of jobless claims generally reflects the pace of layoffs.
    The unadjusted number of initial claims under state programs totaled 402,352 in the week ending June 12, an increase of 37,174 or 10.2 percent from the previous week. The seasonal factors had expected a fractional decline from the previous week. In addition, for the week ending June 12, 52 states reported 118,025 initial claims for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. So total new claims, unadjusted, rose 19 percent to just over 520,000.
    Economists had expected a decline to 360,000 after the 376,000 initially reported a week earlier. The prior report was revised down by 1,000.
    Many Americans are hanging back from working because, for a very large share of those unemployed, supplemental federal jobless benefits, on top of regular state unemployment aid, pay them more than their old jobs did. Others are contending with health and child care issues related to COVID-19 and, in some cases, with career uncertainty after the recession wiped out many jobs for good. Some who have lost work during the pandemic have decided to retire while others have rethought their career choices after working from home or being out of work during the pandemic.
    Many states, though, are set to begin dropping the supplemental federal jobless aid this month. That will likely prompt many Americans to return to work over the coming weeks and months. The enhanced benefits, which pay $300 a week on top of an average $320 in state benefits, are set to expire nationwide in September.
    With mask orders and capacity limits being lifted, vaccinations up, and more consumers venturing out to spend — on restaurant meals, airline fares, movie tickets, and store purchases — the economy is rapidly recovering from the recession. All that renewed spending—helped along by stimulus payments that went out in March and April—has fueled customer demand and led many companies to seek new workers, often at higher wages, and avoid layoffs. Consumers are shifting some of their spending from household goods to long-neglected services and vacations.
    The speed of the rebound from the recession has caught many businesses off guard and touched off a scramble to hire. In May, employers added a less-than-expected 559,000 jobs, evidence that many companies are struggling to find enough workers as the economy recovers faster than expected. In April, companies posted over 9 million job openings, a record high and a jump of 12 percent from March.
    Fiscal stimulus and loose monetary policy, however, are fueling inflation. As well, the sudden lurches in the economy have caused bottlenecks in the supply chain, triggering shortages and skyrocketing prices for things like used cars, lumber, and grains. Those rising prices are taking their toll and squeezing households. Retail spending actually fell in May, homebuilding is stalling, gasoline is at multi-year highs, and inflation-adjusted incomes have been declining as wage gains get swamped by larger rises in the cost of living.
    “It turns out it’s a heck of a lot easier to create demand than it is to, you know, to bring supply back up to snuff,” Fed chair Jerome Powell said in a press conference at the conclusion of the Federal Open Market Committee’s two-day meeting Wednesday.
    Despite the higher than expected inflation, Powell said the Fed intends to keep rates low for as far as the eye can see. The Biden administration continues to push for billions of dollars of more spending, which many economists think will add to the inflationary pressures without substantially improving the performance of the economy. On Wednesday, the economic projections of Fed officials showed that they expect inflation for the full year to run a full percentage point higher than they did in March while expectations for economic growth improved by just half a point and unemployment expectations did not improve at all.
    But many economists expect hiring to catch up with demand in the coming months, especially as federal unemployment aid programs end and more people pursue jobs. They note that the economy still has 7.6 million fewer jobs than it did before the pandemic struck.
    The rapid rollout of vaccines has brought the number of new confirmed COVID-19 cases down to an average of just over 12,000, from around 250,000 a day in early January.
    Though jobless claims have tumbled since the start of 2021, when they exceeded 900,000, they remain high by historical standards. Before the pandemic paralyzed the economy in March 2020, unemployment applications were running at about 220,000 a week.
    In Thursday’s report, the government said a total of 3.5 million Americans were continuing to collect traditional state unemployment benefits after their initial claims in the week ending June 5, up by just 1,000 from the week before. The total number of continued weeks claimed for benefits in all programs for the week ending May 29—the total gets reported with a delay of three weeks—was 14,828,950, a decrease of 559,873 from the previous week.
    Claims are volatile so economists like to look to the four-week average to get a more accurate view of the labor market. The four-week average of initial claims fell 8,000 to 395,000. The average of continuing claims, reported with a one-week delay, fell to 3,603,750, a decrease of 55,000 from the previous week’s revised average. This is the lowest level for this average since March 21, 2020 when it was 2,071,750.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

Newsweek

@Newsweek

Noor bin Ladin, Osama bin Laden’s niece, waves around a “Trump Won” banner while aboard a boat on Lake Geneva the day before President Joe Biden held a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Geneva.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1405581003113050125

Yep HILARIOUS that some folks believe

BIDEN President

Let the truth be known

that is NOT good for the economy... means more on welfare.... less taxes coming in which mean Biden will have to borrow more money from his buddy China... which means our debt will increase.

from the article:
    Nearly 4 million Americans left their jobs in April, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics — an unprecedented number in the two decades the government has been tracking this data, pushing the quits rate 24% higher than it was before the pandemic. (Layoffs, which peaked at 13 million in March 2020, have come down to more typical monthly levels of under 2 million.)

Let the truth be known

Top Obama Ethics Official Rages: Biden’s Actions ‘A Real F*** You’ To U.S., He’s A ‘F***ing Failure’

The former top ethics official for President Barack Obama unloaded on President Joe Biden in a profanity-laced rant on Twitter late this week, saying that Biden has been an utter failure.
    The official made the remarks in response to a report from The Washington Post about how numerous top Biden aides have received “coveted jobs” in the Biden administration.
    “I’m sorry, I know some folks don’t like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks,” Walter Shaub, the former director of the Office of Government Ethics, wrote on Twitter. “I’m disgusted. A lot of us worked hard to tee him up to restore ethics to government and believed the promises. This is a a real ‘f— you’ to us—and government ethics.”
    “Pathetic!” Shaub continued. “The responses from people who spent 4 years complaining the other side was putting party over country are pathetic. They sound just like MAGAs. The jobs went to privileged kiddos with mommies & daddies who cozied up to POTUS. Nepotism is illegal.”

Walter Shaub

@waltshaub

·
    Jun 18, 2021

I’m sorry, I know some folks don’t like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks. I’m disgusted. A lot of us worked hard to tee him up to restore ethics to government and believed the promises. This is a a real “fuck you” to us—and government ethics.

The Washington Post

@washingtonpost

Although Biden has vowed not to hire his own family, in the first few months of his presidency, at least five children of his top aides have secured coveted jobs in the new administration https://wapo.st/3wCUjML

“EVEN THE F-ING HEAD OF PRESIDENTIAL PERSONNEL, WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE KEEPING THEM HONEST, HAS A CHILD WHO’S A RECENT COLLEGE GRAD WORKING IN THE ADMINISTRATION,” Shaub raged. “AND THE SPOUSE OF THE WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. This is ridiculous. What a f—ing failure.”
    “When little problems like this, which are so damn easy to avoid, crop up, it’s a sign of much bigger rot. Because if you can’t even do the easy things, you sure as hell can’t do the hard things,” he continued. “The White House’s defense that they had the minimum qualifications is total BS. The issue isn’t whether they were qualified (some weren’t). It’s that a WH that promised diversity is giving these privileged white kids with connected mommies and daddies prime jobs over others!”
    “And all the whataboutism from tweeps defending this total BS is just giving fuel to the next corrupt authoritarian like Trump who wins the White House to say ‘if even Biden was fine with nepotism in his administration, I can do anything,'” he continued. “So what if WH claims the parents weren’t involved. I’m sure some wink-nudged this. But I’m even more sure they didn’t HAVE TO be. The head of Presidential Personnel knew the score. If you believe this is a coincidence, I have a bridge to sell you. I have 3 bridges to sell you.”
    “Do I sound bitter? HELL, YEAH, I’M BITTER! I’m the stupid moron who fell for his false promises. I wasn’t naïve enough to think he’d be a transformative president. He told us he’d be plain vanilla. But I thought there was momentum behind his ethics promises. Boy was I stupid,” he continued. “Take his much touted ‘golden parachute payment’ ban. Exciting, right? Turns out, it only applies if the payment is expressly for going into the UNITED STATES government. If the payor says ‘I’m giving this to you because you’re going into govt,’ they can keep it!”
    “In two decades of govt ethics, I’ve only ONCE seen a payment for going in to the U.S. govt. But I’ve seen plenty offered for going into govt. And the people who drafted this sham prohibition new [sic] no one would ever offer a payment expressly for going into the U.S. govt,” he continued. “And it only bans CASH or something substituting for an agreed upon payment. It does NOT ban an employer saying, ‘we normally make folks forfeit unvested stock options, but we’ll let you keep your millions in options because you’re going in the US govt.’ THAT’S ALLOWED!”
    “Or how about this? Biden’s ethics pledge bans appointees working on matters involving former employers and clients. This month, the administration quietly issued guidance saying it doesn’t apply to clients that paid for speeches!!!! Yellen, for instance, made $7 million that way,” he continued. “The guidance also quietly said it doesn’t apply if a news channel paid you to appear on TV. You can work directly with them. But remember how made we were when the Trump admin gave waivers to former Fox News personalities? Welp, here we go again.”
    “And I don’t love having a milk lobbyist running USDA or a ‘strategic advisor’ (i.e., shadow lobbyist) running the State Department. Or the brother of Biden’s top WH advisor lobbying the Executive Office of the President through a firm the Biden appointee founded,” he continued. “I miss the days when Obama appointed Norm Eisen to be his ethics Czar. Biden chose not to do that. Surely, he could have found someone like Norm–only this time maybe someone not white and male for a change–to champion ethics in this admin. But here we are with problems already.”
    “We’ve got a Raytheon board member leading DOD. We’ve got private equity fund people in the WH and at State,” he continued. “You’ve got corporate execs and big firm lawyers who represent corporations throughout. And personnel is policy.”
    Shaub later said that the ethics was not even in the “top 100 things the administration cares about” and then repeatedly bashed former President Donald Trump and urged Biden to pass controversial Democrat legislation.