Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I disagree with all of that. To me the liberal agenda is the thing that poses the most danger to freedom and the USA. The USA didn't become great because of liberalism. We became a great country because of individualism - not taking care of every bum that comes along.
    You say you see a liberal agenda but you somehow can't see the agenda of trump and his merry band of sycophants. The only freedoms being taken away are by Republican governors. What freedoms are being threatened by the Dems?

I disagree with all of that. To me the liberal agenda is the thing that poses the most danger to freedom and the USA. The USA didn't become great because of liberalism. We became a great country because of individualism - not taking care of every bum that comes along.

Yep your on your own just take Covid19 look how the Republicans handle that. Spread it everywhere and if you die so what, if your kids die so what

Thats the real danger

Overturning elections and keeping people from voting to stay in power

Trumps a lying SCUMBAG yet you hang on every word

• Santos: It's true. Republicans have tried to turn liberal into a bad word. Well, liberals ended slavery in this country.
    • Vinick: A Republican President ended slavery.
    • Santos: Yes, a liberal Republican, Senator. What happened to them? They got run out of your party. What did liberals do that was so offensive to the Republican party? I'll tell you what they did. Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act. What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things. Every one. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet - Liberal - as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work, Senator, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.

Breaking News from Arizona

Joe Biden Wins

With more votes

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts masterchill's Avatar

When you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party comes to mind? TheRepublicans? Or, the Democrats? Most people would probably say the Democrats. But thisanswer is incorrect.Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rightsinitiative, and has a long history of discrimination.The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction,founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought againstthe civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s.In contrast, the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its missionwas to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing itentirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 caseDred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The sevenjustices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? BothRepublicans.The slavery question was, of course, ultimately resolved by a bloody civil war. The commanderin-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln – the man whofreed the slaves.Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinatedPresident Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumedthe presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freedslaves into the South’s economic and social order.Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment,which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universalRepublican support.During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south helped secure rights forthe newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men were elected to southern state legislatures asRepublicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democratsdid not elect a black man to Congress until 1935.But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home, Democrats roared backFree Courses for Free Minds.cominto power in the South. They quickly reestablished white supremacy across the region withmeasures like black codes – laws that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and runbusinesses. And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black citizen’sright to vote.And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by the Ku Klux Klan,founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest.As historian Eric Foner - himself a Democrat - notes:“In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.”President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, shared many views with the Klan. He re-segregatedmany federal agencies, and even screened the first movie ever played at the White House -the racist film “The Birth of a Nation,” originally entitled “The Clansman.”A few decades later, the only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Actof 1964 came from Democrats.Eighty percent of Republicans in Congress supported the bill. Less than 70 percent ofDemocrats did. Democratic senators filibustered the bill for 75 days, until Republicansmustered the few extra votes needed to break the logjam.And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them fromvoting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going tovote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As President Lyndon Johnson was purported tohave said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundredyears.”So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much ofits history oppressing.Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failedpolicies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfarehas decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failingschools. Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violentcrime.So, when you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party should come tomind?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by masterchill View Post
    When you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party comes to mind? TheRepublicans? Or, the Democrats? Most people would probably say the Democrats. But thisanswer is incorrect.Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rightsinitiative, and has a long history of discrimination.The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction,founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought againstthe civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s.In contrast, the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its missionwas to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing itentirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 caseDred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The sevenjustices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? BothRepublicans.The slavery question was, of course, ultimately resolved by a bloody civil war. The commanderin-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln – the man whofreed the slaves.Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinatedPresident Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumedthe presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freedslaves into the South’s economic and social order.Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment,which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universalRepublican support.During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south helped secure rights forthe newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men were elected to southern state legislatures asRepublicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democratsdid not elect a black man to Congress until 1935.But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home, Democrats roared backFree Courses for Free Minds.cominto power in the South. They quickly reestablished white supremacy across the region withmeasures like black codes – laws that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and runbusinesses. And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black citizen’sright to vote.And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by the Ku Klux Klan,founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest.As historian Eric Foner - himself a Democrat - notes:“In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.”President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, shared many views with the Klan. He re-segregatedmany federal agencies, and even screened the first movie ever played at the White House -the racist film “The Birth of a Nation,” originally entitled “The Clansman.”A few decades later, the only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Actof 1964 came from Democrats.Eighty percent of Republicans in Congress supported the bill. Less than 70 percent ofDemocrats did. Democratic senators filibustered the bill for 75 days, until Republicansmustered the few extra votes needed to break the logjam.And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them fromvoting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going tovote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As President Lyndon Johnson was purported tohave said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundredyears.”So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much ofits history oppressing.Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failedpolicies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfarehas decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failingschools. Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violentcrime.So, when you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party should come tomind?
    Great explanation

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    You say you see a liberal agenda but you somehow can't see the agenda of trump and his merry band of sycophants. The only freedoms being taken away are by Republican governors. What freedoms are being threatened by the Dems?

Let me be clear. When I say that we will lose our freedoms under the direction of liberals, what I mean is that they will run the country into the ground financially and militarily. The USA is the last great superpower on earth that stands on the side of democracy. We can't afford to pay for all the things the liberal countries do because we have to protect the world. It would help if other countries (Canada, Germany, France, ect) would do their part instead of criticizing their protector.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Let me be clear. When I say that we will lose our freedoms under the direction of liberals, what I mean is that they will run the country into the ground financially and militarily. The USA is the last great superpower on earth that stands on the side of democracy. We can't afford to pay for all the things the liberal countries do because we have to protect the world. It would help if other countries (Canada, Germany, France, ect) would do their part instead of criticizing their protector.

That's gotta be the funniest and most ironic thing you have posted so far.
    You say the US stands on the side of democracy but you Reps worship a man who wants to be supreme leader. He was the LEAST democtatic leader in my lifetime.
    Anyway, you still haven't explained which freedoms the Dems are threatening. We are waiting
    We already know the REAL freedoms the Reps are taking away from people.

Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    That's gotta be the funniest and most ironic thing you have posted so far.
    You say the US stands on the side of democracy but you Reps worship a man who wants to be supreme leader. He was the LEAST democtatic leader in my lifetime.
    Anyway, you still haven't explained which freedoms the Dems are threatening. We are waiting
    We already know the REAL freedoms the Reps are taking away from people.

I say this with all due respect. In a lot of ways I think you're a smart guy. But your hatred of Trump makes you say crazy things. Trump doesn't want to be the "supreme leader" nor do I worship him.

On the other hand, my concerns are valid that liberals will ruin the USA both financially and militarily.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

I say this with all due respect. In a lot of ways I think you're a smart guy. But your hatred of Trump makes you say crazy things. Trump doesn't want to be the "supreme leader" nor do I worship him.

On the other hand, my concerns are valid that liberals will ruin the USA both financially and militarily.

Yes, I dislike trump. That doesn't make my statement any less true.
    On the other hand, you hate the democrat party so much that you somehow believe they are the only party that adds to the national debt. They aren't!!
    Your country survived Reagan and Bush jr(they added a lot to the debt too), it will survive Biden. Don't be so dramatic.