Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Selling Firmware & manuals on this site


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    67

    Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    No one on this forum should be selling copyrited material. It's not yours to make a profit on! If I see anyone trying to sell F/W , etc I will contact the person going to buy and give it to them for free! Of course I will suggest a small $5 donation to this website but not necessary. I will send first than ask for donation so they don't feel obligated.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,339
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    No one on this forum should be selling copyrited material. It's not yours to make a profit on! If I see anyone trying to sell F/W , etc I will contact the person going to buy and give it to them for free! Of course I will suggest a small $5 donation to this website but not necessary. I will send first than ask for donation so they don't feel obligated.
    WTF? Not that I agree with the selling of copywritten material because I don't, but you appear to be trying to say that you will do the same thing at the rate of $5.00. I also noticed you claim to be "getting rid of people" on another thread by reporting them to to the Administrator. What are you, a self-appointed moderator? Why don't you lighten the fuck up and contribute some tech knowledge instead of being a total douchebag.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  3. #3
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,662
    Rep Power
    103

    Re: Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    WTF? Not that I agree with the selling of copywritten material because I don't, but you appear to be trying to say that you will do the same thing at the rate of $5.00. I also noticed you claim to be "getting rid of people" on another thread by reporting them to to the Administrator. What are you, a self-appointed moderator? Why don't you lighten the fuck up and contribute some tech knowledge instead of being a total douchebag.
    I think the $5 is a contribution to CopyTech.net not to him personally but to this site.

    I know for a fact that copyman is a CONTRIBUTOR to CTN but he is also a technical knowledge contributor as you are.

    His objective as well as mine ..Slim.. BC and others IS to build CTN, but to also curb some of the actions of others that goes against the sites rules of conduct and posting.
    Last edited by Phil B.; 1 Week Ago at 09:09 PM. Reason: sp

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Pooler, GA
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I think the $5 is a contribution to CopyTech.net not to him personally but to this site.

    I know for a fact that copyman is a CONTRIBUTOR to CTN but he is also a technical knowledge contributor as you are.

    His objective as well as mine ..Slim.. BC and others IS to build CTN, but to also curb some of the actions of others that goes against the sites rules of conduct and posting.

    Does that go for the curbing of cussing other techs for not giving all information or a new tech asking a question that a seasoned tech would consider common sense?

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,771
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    No one on this forum should be selling copyrited material. It's not yours to make a profit on! If I see anyone trying to sell F/W , etc I will contact the person going to buy and give it to them for free! Of course I will suggest a small $5 donation to this website but not necessary. I will send first than ask for donation so they don't feel obligated.

    Happy to help drop us an email


    www.copierfirmware.co.uk
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    If you are a KM dealer or direct and you are caught providing firmware or manuals you maybe fired..My thoughts are to help by posting the appropiate blurb from the manual or the KB article..

    eg..The fix for this is to Install Version G20 firmware.
    Or posting a switch setting, or just contributing with your experienced opinion..If you are getting paid to sell/service any particular brand you should not be selling or giving away proprietary information.. If you have no affiliation with any particular copier company and just want to make a few bucks on the side, who am I to tell you not too, but again giving out default admin and CE passwords is a no-no as well. E

    As an aside..some years ago, I was told that KM hid your employee ID or tech # in anything you downloaded, and if a copy of the file could be found that info could be used against the employee..I have no idea if this is true or not, but I wouldn't want to risk 25 + years on it. E

  7. #7
    How'd ya manage that? 500+ Posts zed255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    Much the same with Ricoh. If they wanted manuals, firmware and passwords to be freely available they would make them freely available. Ricoh however does not freely distribute these things. It is quite clear that there is a high probability that being discovered sharing protected materials will result is serious consequences, up to dismissal and criminal charges.

    Nobody should expect anyone else to take such risks, but they may of course ask. There is no obligation to provide. Makes it tough for the independent guy.
    Zed
    One out of four people is mentally unbalanced.
    Think of your three closest friends...
    If they seem okay, then You're The One.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Selling Firmware & manuals on this site


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: Selling Firmware & manuals on this site

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    WTF? Not that I agree with the selling of copywritten material because I don't, but you appear to be trying to say that you will do the same thing at the rate of $5.00. I also noticed you claim to be "getting rid of people" on another thread by reporting them to to the Administrator. What are you, a self-appointed moderator? Why don't you lighten the fuck up and contribute some tech knowledge instead of being a total douchebag.
    Hey dickhead. Are you retarded? Can you friggin read! And I don't recall asking for your opinion. The $5 was for the website. Couldn't be any more clear, only an imbicile would miss exactly what I wrote, I would send it first so person wouldn't feel obligated. Nice try though. Get lost.

    Probably another bsm2 name.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here