Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: Bittersweet CTN side

I'm often sent to equipment I've never seen before, which is why i now do shredders, binders, printers, folder/inserters,pressure sealers, basically if it feeds paper, i get it....in the past, i've worked on bursters, decollators and franking machines....bet there's lots of youngsters on here who've never heard of the first two However, i have a way of not looking too stupid, if I have no idea how to operate something, i'll ask the customer to show me what they were doing when it went wrong, I can then easily pick up how it works
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bittersweet CTN side

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    I'm often sent to equipment I've never seen before, which is why i now do shredders, binders, printers, folder/inserters,pressure sealers, basically if it feeds paper, i get it....in the past, i've worked on bursters, decollators and franking machines....bet there's lots of youngsters on here who've never heard of the first two However, i have a way of not looking too stupid, if I have no idea how to operate something, i'll ask the customer to show me what they were doing when it went wrong, I can then easily pick up how it works
    Old trick, working every time. When I started doing KM machines a couple of years ago I found myself often stupidly looking for main switch so I make an adjustment and started to walk serious and with solicitously face around the machine
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.