Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

CNN)Pfizer and BioNTech said on Tuesday they're seeking emergency use authorization from the US Food and Drug Administration for a Covid-19 vaccine booster for all individuals age 18 and older. The companies are seeking an amendment to the existing EUA for booster doses for some adults.

The companies said the submission is based on results of a Phase 3 trial involving more than 10,000 participants; it found boosters were safe and had an efficacy of 95% against symptomatic Covid-19 compared with the two-dose vaccine schedule in the period when the highly transmissible Delta was the dominant strain. Pfizer released the booster efficacy data last month; it has not yet been peer-reviewed or published.

24 hours ago - Politics & Policy
    Texas research: Unvaxxed 20 times more likely to die from COVID
    Asher Price
    Asher Price
    A person about to get vaccinated in Austin.
    A healthcare worker administers a Covid-19 vaccine at an Austin Regional Clinic drive-thru vaccination and testing site in August. Photo: Matthew Busch/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Unvaccinated people are 20 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people, per new state research.

Driving the news: To determine the effects of COVID-19 vaccination in Texas, researchers at the Department of State Health Services analyzed data from electronic lab reports, death certificates and the state immunization registry.

The analysis included a period from Jan. 15 to Oct. 1, 2021 with a focus on the four weeks from Sept. 4 to Oct. 1, which allowed researchers to measure the effect of COVID-19 vaccination as the more contagious Delta variant surged across Texas.
    What they found: Besides the dizzying difference in death rates, unvaccinated people are 13 times more likely to become infected with COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people.

Vaccination had a strong protective effect on infections and deaths among people of all ages.
    State of play: Despite more than 10 days of lower hospital admissions, Austin Public Health officials said Friday they will remain in Stage 3 COVID risk-based guidelines ahead of the holidays.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Nearly 80% of Americans have been exposed to false claims about Covid-19, according to survey data from the Kaiser Family Foundation, with the most common claim being that the government is exaggerating Covid-19 death counts. About 3 in 10 respondents believed or weren't sure about common vaccine misinformation regarding side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Nearly 80% of Americans have been exposed to false claims about Covid-19, according to survey data from the Kaiser Family Foundation, with the most common claim being that the government is exaggerating Covid-19 death counts. About 3 in 10 respondents believed or weren't sure about common vaccine misinformation regarding side effects.

Who do these false claims work on? Not me.
    Embrace the process, not the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Who do these false claims work on? Not me.
    Prime example sorry your false claims on masks.

Yep so easily DUPED

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

... if you have any proof that Canada exaggerates it numbers, please post your source.

Otherwise, no it does not. Why would we?
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    So I googled it and the first link states

Recording COVID-19 on the medical certificate of cause of death

• COVID-19 should be recorded on the medical certificate of cause of death for all decedents where the disease caused,
    • or is assumed to have caused, or contributed to death.

Guidance for certifying COVID-19 deaths | College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
    ....most common claim being that the government is exaggerating Covid-19 death counts.
    If the link is correct, Canada assumes as well.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

What we all need to understand is that everyone is different and thus there will be different levels of risk that individuals are willing to accept. I mean, you have your pansy ass liberals that only come out of their basement for food and water and they wear 2 masks like Fauci brainwashed, err....told then to do.

Then you have folks like me. I was happy to get the Trump vaccine to prevent the China Virus but I'm living life wide open. I'll go to a football stadium with 60,000 fans. No mask. I will not be pawed at by liberals who try to conform me to their bullshit.
    Embrace the process, not the outcome.

Risk vs Stupidity

Please don't infect me with your Stupidity or Covid19.

You have every right to be stupid and not follow CDC guildlines.

Keep taking the BS Fake COVID19 cures.

Pfizer Says Covid-19 Pill Cuts Hospitalization and Death Risk by Nearly 90 Percent
    Though vaccines are still the best line of defense against the virus, the antiviral drug could help high-risk Americans once symptoms appear

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    What we all need to understand is that everyone is different and thus there will be different levels of risk that individuals are willing to accept. I mean, you have your pansy ass liberals that only come out of their basement for food and water and they wear 2 masks like Fauci brainwashed, err....told then to do.

Then you have folks like me. I was happy to get the Trump vaccine to prevent the China Virus but I'm living life wide open. I'll go to a football stadium with 60,000 fans. No mask. I will not be pawed at by liberals who try to conform me to their bullshit.
    I couldn't agree with you more