Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I didn't wear a mask before Covid as there was no global pandemic killing vulnerable people. I started wearing a mask in public places in about April of last year, quite a while before the UK government recommended the wearing of one. I continued wearing my mask even when it no longer became compulsory, and I will continue to do so all the time Covid is posing a real, significant threat

Interesting. My dad died from COPD. Did you know that before covid existed that you could have passed along the common cold to your mum or even flu and that could have been deadly? Did you not care or were you simply unware?

In any event, I'm not wearing a mask.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Interesting. My dad died from COPD. Did you know that before covid existed that you could have passed along the common cold to your mum or even flu and that could have been deadly? Did you not care or were you simply unware?

Great No air travel for Billy

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Ubforunately this site has a paywall.

When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Now we know WHY
    Probably doesn't wash hands either.

A famous liberal adviser to Obama once said: "never let a good crisis go to waste." - Rham Emanuel

Liberals are gonna get everything they can from the covid crisis. They'll never drop the mask mandate. They'll never drop the covid passport. They'll never give up this new control that was given or they just took it without permission.

I got news for all of your liberals who think they know how I should live my life. Go kick rocks.

A famous liberal adviser to Obama once said: "never let a good crisis go to waste." - Rham Emanuel

Liberals are gonna get everything they can from the covid crisis. They'll never drop the mask mandate. They'll never drop the covid passport. They'll never give up this new control that was given or they just took it without permission.

I got news for all of your liberals who think they know how I should live my life. Go kick rocks.
    Yet YOU got the liberal Free Lifesaving Vaccine by the BIDEN Administration and took the Free American Recuse money

Kind of makes you look like a Fool based on your posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Yet YOU got the liberal Free Lifesaving Vaccine by the BIDEN Administration and took the Free American Recuse money

Kind of makes you look like a Fool based on your posts
    No offense, little buddy, but I don't take advice from a man that can't spell.

No offense, little buddy, but I don't take advice from a man that can't spell.
    No worries for an untrained wannabe trainee tech none taken

PS wash your hands

Since May 2021, people living in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump during the last presidential election have been nearly three times as likely to die from COVID-19 as those who live in areas that went for now-President Biden. That's according to a new analysis by NPR that examines how political polarization and misinformation are driving a significant share of the deaths in the pandemic.

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.78 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.

In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth, according to Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst who's been tracking partisanship trends during the pandemic and helped to review NPR's methodology. Those numbers have dropped slightly in recent weeks, Gaba says: "It's back down to around 5.5 times higher

The trend was robust, even when controlling for age, which is the primary demographic risk of COVID-19 mortality. The data also reveal a major contributing factor to the death rate difference: The higher the vote share for Trump, the lower the vaccination rate.

The analysis only looked at the geographic location of COVID-19 deaths. The exact political views of each person taken by the disease remains unknowable. But the strength of the association, combined with polling information about vaccination, strongly suggests that Republicans are being disproportionately affected.

HEALTH
    How Pfizer developed a COVID pill in record time