Page 12 of 1540 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122621125121012 ... LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

KINDA off topic,

How many get a yearly shots for flu OR the latest 'outbreak'?

I haven't had a 'flu' shot in 18yrs. The reason I stopped was I got the flu 1.5days later and had NOT been around anyone with the symptoms.

I have had colds.. no high fevers.. runny nose but cared for by nasal wash..

no FLU (knock on my skull)

now being a 'road warrior' for all those years.. + having diabetes .. one would think I would have gotten something..

daycares - doc in da box - pedi clinics

but I do follow proper hygiene when out *not OCD about it *

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    KINDA off topic,

How many get a yearly shots for flu OR the latest 'outbreak'?

I haven't had a 'flu' shot in 18yrs. The reason I stopped was I got the flu 1.5days later and had NOT been around anyone with the symptoms.

I have had colds.. no high fevers.. runny nose but cared for by nasal wash..

no FLU (knock on my skull)

now being a 'road warrior' for all those years.. + having diabetes .. one would think I would have gotten something..

daycares - doc in da box - pedi clinics

but I do follow proper hygiene when out *not OCD about it *
    I am also one who does not get a flu shot. Through life I have at times been exposed to a number of diseases but never contracted. My senior year of high school we had an exchange student who developed an active case of tuberculosis. I sat near him in three different classes. They skin tested the entire school. Came back negative.

One year while taking the annual achievement test, the school had students out with flu, measles and mumps. It was at the point where 3 more absences and they would have to close for a week. The testing was done in the dining room of the cafeteria. By the end of the week the four people sitting closest to me on Monday were all out sick

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Democratic 2020 contenders Joe Biden and Michael Bloomberg were fact-checked by the Associated Press after their criticism of the president and for “describing the federal infectious-disease bureaucracy as rudderless and ill-prepared.”
    “That’s a distorted picture. For starters, Trump hasn’t succeeded in cutting the budget,” the AP fact-checkers noted in a report published Wednesday. “He’s proposed cuts but Congress ignored him and increased financing instead. The National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention aren’t suffering from budget cuts that never took effect.”
    The report was in response to claims made by Biden and Bloomberg during this week’s Democratic presidential debate.
    “There’s nobody here to figure out what the hell we should be doing. And he’s defunded — he’s defunded Centers for Disease Control, CDC, so we don’t have the organization we need. This is a very serious thing,” billionaire and former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg said.

AP FACT CHECK: Democrats distort coronavirus readiness

‘BDS THIS’: Israel Makes ‘Exciting Breakthrough’ In Race For Coronavirus Vaccine | The Daily Wire

“Congratulations to MIGAL [The Galilee Research Institute] on this exciting breakthrough,” Science and Technology Minister Ofir Akunis said, according to The Jerusalem Post. “I am confident there will be further rapid progress, enabling us to provide a needed response to the grave global COVID-19 threat,” Akunis said, referring to the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
    A team of scientists at MIGAL had been working for years on a vaccine against an infectious bronchitis virus (IBV).
    Our basic concept was to develop the technology and not specifically a vaccine for this kind or that kind of virus,” said Dr. Chen Katz, MIGAL’s biotechnology group leader. “The scientific framework for the vaccine is based on a new protein expression vector, which forms and secretes a chimeric soluble protein that delivers the viral antigen into mucosal tissues by self-activated endocytosis, causing the body to form antibodies against the virus.”
    “Let’s call it pure luck,” Katz said. “We decided to choose coronavirus as a model for our system just as a proof of concept for our technology.”

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The 83-year-year-old pontiff was not well enough to attend the mass, although there is no suggestion at this stage he has coronavirus as the outbreak in Italy topped 500 cases.

Pope Francis, 83, cancels event as he’s taken ill amid Italy coronavirus crisis – The Sun

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

As standard practise, copier service techs around the world should add disinfecting the copier to their task list.

Something like:

Lysol Disinfectant Spray, Crisp Linen, 539g, Disinfect and Eliminate Odours on Hard Surfaces & Fabrics: Amazon.ca: Health & Personal Care

Much stronger hospital grade disinfectants are available.

and adding to their tool kit hand sanitizer, some surgical masks and plastic gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    As standard practise, copier service techs around the world should add disinfecting the copier to their task list.

Something like:

Lysol Disinfectant Spray, Crisp Linen, 539g, Disinfect and Eliminate Odours on Hard Surfaces & Fabrics: Amazon.ca: Health & Personal Care

Much stronger hospital grade disinfectants are available.

and adding to their tool kit hand sanitizer, some surgical masks and plastic gloves.
    Mmm no. Wonder how these germs feel about WD40?
    Immune system can only learn by exposure to small amounts of bad stuff.
    This corona virus is something else so i would try and avoid that.

Wonder how the costumers will react if i get my gloves and mask on before working on the machine.
    Whats next a full on hazmed suite?
    Whatever