Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    this plague is killing lots of people and NOT to be taken lightly...Do you really wanna chance dying alone with no family near?

I live in a pretty rural part of NC 40miles from downtown Raleigh. The cases in NC have been mainly in Raleigh and down in Fayetteville (Ft Brag) our whole state is under the lockdown that Gov Pooper has instilled. Schools closed - Churches. But Big Box stores are open Fast Food - Grocery - Chain Drug Stores but not the small Mom n Pops aren't.
    The only family I have left is my son and he is working on a manager ship @ SHEETZ (gas n food) sometimes 13hrs a day. people aren't following the guidelines even in the hot spots.... our numbers (cases) are dropping deaths are few and the 'recovered' are rising. The Doctors prescribing the Choroquine drugs.... people are reporting great results in 4-7 days depending on how sick they are.
    Most of my time is spent outside working in fresh air...

I hate having to mask/glove up and wait in a line anytime i go out to buy something,but I get alcohol spray and look at everyone as if they can kill me........

Well in your area that might be a wise move, rather paranoid for my area tho... stay safe brother.

Not what i saw coming for 2020.............
    we all have to consider OUR OWN areas, and move forward with a reasonable plan. IMHO making a 'blanket' rule for a state as large as NC NY CA NJ is not being rational. But some people live in fear.. I am not one that does.

Bailouts Could Go to Brothels, Weed Industry, Liquor Stores While Pastors Can't Even Hold a Service

We were all pretty annoyed over the past week over the fact that the massive outlay we gave for small businesses to receive loans to stay afloat were gobbled up by Harvard whilst your barbershop was left dealing with a loan application apparently built upon the backbone of the code used on those guestb00ks Geocities used to use.
    Thankfully, all is not for naught. Want to get yourself blazed? Blitzed? Sexually, um, taken care of? There are solutions for that.

Saved? Whoa, whoa, whoa, sailor — are we talking in the Christian sense? Because, you know, there are rules surrounding that.
    But as for smoking and drinking and intercourse: Yeah, your money’s good for that, see, thanks to the new, government-guided capitalism of the coronavirus era.
    If you don’t believe me, here’s the evidence.

Brothels?
    “A brothel owner in Wells, Nevada, has been awarded a federal emergency loan to keep her brothel alive during the mandated shutdown of nonessential businesses to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. But contributor Brian Bahouth of The Sierra Nevada Ally says that funding is not currently available,” KUNR reported.

“Of any legal business service in Nevada, sex work may pose the most flagrant possible violation of safe social distancing guidelines of any occupation. Since Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak closed nonessential businesses, a handful of sex workers are sheltering in place at Bella’s Hacienda Ranch in Wells,” the Reno, Nevada, NPR outlet stated.
    “The business is shuttered, and owner and namesake Bella Cummins is allowing the women to stay for free. Earlier this week, Cummins went to her bank, Nevada State Bank, to apply for an emergency loan from the Small Business Administration to help her business weather the COVID-19 state of emergency.”

Oh, well, thank God. Well, actually not that entity. It seems a bit, um, more apropos to thank the one below for this? Can we just thank his secretary for this? Just leave a message? Phew, because otherwise that just seems icky.
    But what about the sticky icky?
    “Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) and Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) have introduced a bill to make legal cannabis businesses eligible for federal coronavirus relief aid meant for small businesses,” The Hill reported.

“The legislation would grant the businesses eligibility for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loans and other aid. A $483 billion interim coronavirus aid package, which will replenish the small-business lending program, is set to pass the House on Thursday, but it excludes marijuana companies from receiving aid. “
    Insert your own Snoop Dogg .gif here.

Oh, what about old-fashioned hooch? Well, rest assured, your tax dollars have you covered, if that’s the right way to put it.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer — author of absolutely, positively, totally nothing else that might get people upset — is now considering giving a bailout to restaurants and bars in the state.
    Meanwhile, churches are hurting for donations because worship gatherings are canceled, or forbidden by local governments that even try to impose fines on pastors. Yeah, they won’t be seeing a bailout, no matter how much they spend in charity.
    “Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is reportedly contemplating a bar and restaurant bailout through liquor distributors,” DetroitEater reported.
    “Under the plan, state liquor distributors would theoretically pay restaurants and bars for their liquor purchases, but the businesses wouldn’t be required to return the product. The idea behind the proposal, which mirrors a similar policy implemented by the state of Ohio, is to infuse businesses with the cash they need to reopen once social distancing rules are loosened.”

Whitmer is probably the last person who should be testing this. She’s basically the Marie Antionette of these orders. Let them eat gardening equipment, after all!
    Remember when we needed to rush these bills through? Dear reader, I was one of the people who believed in this poppycock. I fell for it, too. And then we got stuck with this vice-laden bill.
    It shouldn’t be like this. No pot. No brothels. No gin-joints. No way. Let me tell you something: You think this is the end? You haven’t even seen the end of the beginning.
    Throwing good money after bad vices won’t look better no matter how long you let it marinate. Much like a night spent with every one of these things, it’ll look like an even more regrettable waste of money once the morning so regrettably intrudes.

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    ALSO if any of you have not watched 60 minutes from last nite it was a great episode..
    Ford and GM reinvented their assembly lines and have begun making respirators and protective coverings for those in the front line...
    And the there is a Canadian company that uses computers and software and warned of a pandemic,it helped Canada months before things got real bad..
    Yeah GM tried wanted so much more for their product.. after we bailed them out...
    The leaders have been ABBOTT labs.. 5 min tests.. My Pillow converted their lines to make masks.. 3D printing groups printing full coverage face guards. There are many more examples.
    Then you have jackass CA Governor PAYING a billion to china company for masks. Latest on the Corona Virus

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Yeah GM tried wanted so much more for their product.. after we bailed them out...
    The leaders have been ABBOTT labs.. 5 min tests.. My Pillow converted their lines to make masks.. 3D printing groups printing full coverage face guards. There are many more examples.
    Then you have jackass CA Governor PAYING a billion to china company for masks. Latest on the Corona Virus

Thats because our head Jackass TRUMP can't guarantee a supply of Masks and PPE. Why?

we all have to consider OUR OWN areas, and move forward with a reasonable plan. IMHO making a 'blanket' rule for a state as large as NC NY CA NJ is not being rational. But some people live in fear.. I am not one that does.
    Here in Kern County as of 11am today PDT we have had 837 positive test results, 6030 negative results with 3593 tests that the results have not yet come back on. Of the 837 positive tests, 5 have died, 428 have recovered, 365 are self isolating at home and 30 are isolated in hospitals. The remaining 9 are those who are not residents of Kern County but were initially tested in Kern County. That is a fatality rate of just under 0.604%. No where near the death rate that the fake news keeps telling us. Maybe the air quality in the big eastern liberal cities just might be a factor. Maybe the population density just might be contributory.

Kern Public Health confirms 19 new COVID-19 cases, including fifth death | KGET 17
    Kern County COVID-19 tracker: 828 cases

And from what I have heard, most of those masks from China were contaminated.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And from what I have heard, most of those masks from China were contaminated.

Oh Boy FOXNEWS conspiracy

Maybe Trump can make All his US factories that make his Suits and Ties and Shirts to make Masks and PPE

That's Right all Trump's factories are in Made in CHINA!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    COVID-19, IMHO, has become a "catch-all" for racketeering and gaming the system!!! MADDENING!!!Latest on the Corona Virus

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

If you are referring to internet scams they are coming thick and fast.

Seem software is developing Covid-idous virus infections too.

We're getting our home network and connected mobile phones hammered with WiFi RF interference B/S.
    Software on all our network devices have developed a mind of its own.

Modems an routers have developed reset-idous, or going off into la la land.... There are a lot of extra people at home on the internet.
    Got to service the bordem some how...

I'm waving to the hackers with my middle finger... Hi turds...

interesting times...
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ˇ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    If you are referring to internet scams they are coming thick and fast.

Seem software is developing Covid-idous virus infections too.

We're getting our home network and connected mobile phones hammered with WiFi RF interference B/S.
    Software on all our network devices have developed a mind of its own.

Modems an routers have developed reset-idous, or going off into la la land.... There are a lot of extra people at home on the internet.
    Got to service the bordem some how...

I'm waving to the hackers with my middle finger... Hi turds...

interesting times...
    If it is happening during the day on weekdays but not in the evening or weekends, one contributing factor is that many internet routers and switches are being pushed to their limits by the amount of Zoom and other such services being used for online meetings and classes. So there is your Covid-idous virus infections.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If it is happening during the day on weekdays but not in the evening or weekends, one contributing factor is that many internet routers and switches are being pushed to their limits by the amount of Zoom and other such services being used for online meetings and classes. So there is your Covid-idous virus infections.
    I have open software ports acting as severs not clients.

I shut off "all" up dating when I buy a device or reset the software.
    I have devices at present downloading an updating their own software while everything is turned off.
    I feel I know where the problem originated. I let a dirty work computer have access to the network while other systems were online.

All fun in the end... It gives me something to do, resetting the network gear. I like a challenge...
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ˇ | x | •[§]••• ••••••