Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Google has been criticized for skewing search results in favour of the left, and multinationals. I use duckduckgo for most of my searches, you could try a search for "bill gates india" on both and look at the less controversial results google gives you.
    The "Google" reference is one bullshitmaster likes to use in his pathetic responses..
    I don't use google, I also use DDG

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    The "Google" reference is one bullshitmaster likes to use in his pathetic responses..
    I don't use google, I also use DDG

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I use DDG on my Galaxy S8. On my laptop my preferences are:
    1. Yahoo
    2. DDG
    3. AOL
    4. Bing

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Man allegedly faked coronavirus diagnosis to employer, faces federal charges

makes you wonder how many other people pulled this same stunt!?!?
    costing his company 100k for faking a doctors note that said he had the Chinese Covid (causing the company to shutdown, and others to quarantine) right after they said if you have it, stay home, and we’ll pay you.
    POS.
    Omertà

White House Asks CDC To Investigate Why Locked-Down LA Is Seeing So Many New COVID-19 Cases

Los Angeles is under federal scrutiny on two fronts over its handling of the coronavirus.
    On Friday. Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the leaders of the White House effort to fight the virus, pointed to Los Angeles as an area of concern in an otherwise improving national picture.

“You can see we have concerns of where cities have remained closed but still have a persistent high number of cases,” Birx said, according to KCAL.
    Los Angeles was not alone among the nation’s cities, she noted.
    “Even though Washington has remained closed, L.A. has remained closed, Chicago has remained closed, we still see these ongoing cases,” she said, according to MSN.

Brix said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention needs to work with those areas “to really understand where are these new cases coming from, and what do we need to do to prevent them in the future.”
    Los Angeles County accounts for about 56 percent of California’s COVID-19 deaths and almost half of the state’s roughly 90,000 confirmed coronavirus cases.

A study by the University of California, Los Angeles, found urban density is a factor in the spread of disease in Los Angeles, according to The Associated Press. The student found 40 percent of LA’s black and Hispanic residents live in tightly packed neighborhoods where the virus can be easily transmitted.
    “It just builds on the vulnerability of these residents and of these ethnic enclaves,” Sonja Diaz, co-author of the report and director of the UCLA Latino Policy & Politics Initiative, told the AP.

“They’re least equipped to deal with this virus because now they live in neighborhoods where they can’t stay at home and practice physical distancing, they’re hardest hit economically and then they’re not getting relief and recovery benefits.”
    Los Angeles is also facing federal criticism for what one official called its “arbitrary and heavy-handed approach” to stay-at-home orders.
    Eric S. Dreiband, assistant attorney general for the U.S. Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, cited comments by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and Barbara Ferrer, Los Angeles County’s director of public health, hinting that stay-at-home orders could remain in effect for months, according to the Los Angeles Times.

“Reports of your recent public statements indicate that you suggested the possibility of long-term lockdown of the residents in the city and county of Los Angeles, regardless of the legal justification for such restrictions,” Dreiband wrote. “Any such approach may be both arbitrary and unlawful.”
    Garcetti later said that LA officials are “not guided by politics in this, we are guided by science. We are guided by collaboration. So talking to industry and talking to business owners and talking to employees and labor groups together with science, the numbers will always guide us forward. There is nothing else.”

Garcetti said there were “no games” being played in his approach to the coronavirus.
    “We were able to do this and save lives,” he said, according to the Times. “Now it’s time for us to test things moving forward and I think the proof’s in the pudding. We’ve been doing that, we’ve been doing it safely and we will monitor those numbers because people’s lives are at stake.”

Garcetti, who has gotten national attention for his decisions during the pandemic, also pushed back against Birx’s comments.
    Los Angeles has shown “very steady progress,” he said.
    “We’ve got the capacity, the ventilators, the beds available,” Garcetti said, according to the Times. “We’ve seen a plateau and we share that data publicly with everybody about the seven-day average. It’s holding where it is, which is dramatically different than where it was a month and a half, let alone two months ago.”
    Ferrer also said that Los Angeles was doing just fine in its fight against the virus.

“Our overall data points are looking pretty good in terms of being on the recovery journey,” she said, according to the Times.
    “We are moving in the right direction, and I want to acknowledge CDC has been a strong source of support for L.A. County since the beginning of the pandemic.”

so you know what this means right...

its going to cause some kinda federal law to be instituted to make it a crime to lie and say you are sick...

it starts with covid but we know how it will end...

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Man allegedly faked coronavirus diagnosis to employer, faces federal charges

makes you wonder how many other people pulled this same stunt!?!?
    costing his company 100k for faking a doctors note that said he had the Chinese Covid (causing the company to shutdown, and others to quarantine) right after they said if you have it, stay home, and we’ll pay you.
    POS.
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

it also never hurts to change how you calculate data and to release said data at the most opportune time...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    White House Asks CDC To Investigate Why Locked-Down LA Is Seeing So Many New COVID-19 Cases

Los Angeles is under federal scrutiny on two fronts over its handling of the coronavirus.
    On Friday. Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the leaders of the White House effort to fight the virus, pointed to Los Angeles as an area of concern in an otherwise improving national picture.

“You can see we have concerns of where cities have remained closed but still have a persistent high number of cases,” Birx said, according to KCAL.
    Los Angeles was not alone among the nation’s cities, she noted.
    “Even though Washington has remained closed, L.A. has remained closed, Chicago has remained closed, we still see these ongoing cases,” she said, according to MSN.

Brix said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention needs to work with those areas “to really understand where are these new cases coming from, and what do we need to do to prevent them in the future.”
    Los Angeles County accounts for about 56 percent of California’s COVID-19 deaths and almost half of the state’s roughly 90,000 confirmed coronavirus cases.

A study by the University of California, Los Angeles, found urban density is a factor in the spread of disease in Los Angeles, according to The Associated Press. The student found 40 percent of LA’s black and Hispanic residents live in tightly packed neighborhoods where the virus can be easily transmitted.
    “It just builds on the vulnerability of these residents and of these ethnic enclaves,” Sonja Diaz, co-author of the report and director of the UCLA Latino Policy & Politics Initiative, told the AP.

“They’re least equipped to deal with this virus because now they live in neighborhoods where they can’t stay at home and practice physical distancing, they’re hardest hit economically and then they’re not getting relief and recovery benefits.”
    Los Angeles is also facing federal criticism for what one official called its “arbitrary and heavy-handed approach” to stay-at-home orders.
    Eric S. Dreiband, assistant attorney general for the U.S. Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, cited comments by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and Barbara Ferrer, Los Angeles County’s director of public health, hinting that stay-at-home orders could remain in effect for months, according to the Los Angeles Times.

“Reports of your recent public statements indicate that you suggested the possibility of long-term lockdown of the residents in the city and county of Los Angeles, regardless of the legal justification for such restrictions,” Dreiband wrote. “Any such approach may be both arbitrary and unlawful.”
    Garcetti later said that LA officials are “not guided by politics in this, we are guided by science. We are guided by collaboration. So talking to industry and talking to business owners and talking to employees and labor groups together with science, the numbers will always guide us forward. There is nothing else.”

Garcetti said there were “no games” being played in his approach to the coronavirus.
    “We were able to do this and save lives,” he said, according to the Times. “Now it’s time for us to test things moving forward and I think the proof’s in the pudding. We’ve been doing that, we’ve been doing it safely and we will monitor those numbers because people’s lives are at stake.”

Garcetti, who has gotten national attention for his decisions during the pandemic, also pushed back against Birx’s comments.
    Los Angeles has shown “very steady progress,” he said.
    “We’ve got the capacity, the ventilators, the beds available,” Garcetti said, according to the Times. “We’ve seen a plateau and we share that data publicly with everybody about the seven-day average. It’s holding where it is, which is dramatically different than where it was a month and a half, let alone two months ago.”
    Ferrer also said that Los Angeles was doing just fine in its fight against the virus.

“Our overall data points are looking pretty good in terms of being on the recovery journey,” she said, according to the Times.
    “We are moving in the right direction, and I want to acknowledge CDC has been a strong source of support for L.A. County since the beginning of the pandemic.”

I have begun to check out some older documentaries... found some interesting parallels...
    the one below dates back to reagan but the information it relates is more timely today than in yesteryear...
    it kinda tells where we have been and where we are going...
    some good parallels

(the lectures below are new...)

I became interested after listening to this lecture... 15min mark to 40min mark
    which caused me to want to get a clearer concept of fake economy here
    and led me to want to refine the concept of hypernormalization
    and then that led me to the refine my understanding of economic bubble
    which was was all spurred on by learning about surveillance capitalism
    older documentaries tend to package all these concepts in one go...

these days you have to put it together yourself...
    I think I am going to also go read some alvin toffler... the futurist... deceased...
    I think I might be able to make sense of his ideas now...

Whats the point of all this writing...
    trust nothing you are told...
    think for yourself
    your most skeptical and conspiracy theory first idea is probably right...
    in a world where everything is fluid
    every day the truth they tell you changes...
    you need to find something thats stable...
    focus on it...
    build your world around it...
    and move on...
    it can't be anything new...
    it is going to have to be something old...
    tested battleweary and tried and true...

and the one concept I have found that is such is

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

but not in that truncated form but in its full form...
    (its so much more applicable today)

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." george santayana

Horowitz: The CDC confirms remarkably low coronavirus death rate. Where is the media? - Conservative Review

Good news from the CDC!
    After a new study, it is showing an Overall Infection Fatality Rate of 0.26%.
    This is about the same number that Stanford researchers claimed a month ago.
    Where’s this info from the liberal media? I’ll tell ya.....NO WHERE!! Because it would destroy their narrative.
    Omertà