1. #1721
    IT Manager 2,500+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Seeing the scale: Visualizing the 100,000 American coronavirus deaths
    The number of people who died of COVID-19 is immense. This is how it looks alongside other U.S. health crises, wars and catastrophes that have killed thousands.



    It’s nearly a World War I-sized death toll.


    The more than 116,000 U.S. soldiers who died more than a century ago is close to how many Americans have been killed so far by COVID-19 since the disease and the coronavirus that causes it arrived in the United States.


    The death toll, 104,869 as of 10:30 a.m. June 1, is greater than the populations of more than 2,500 counties across the country and stands as sobering evidence of the deadly nature of the novel coronavirus.


    In only four months this year, more Americans died of COVID-19 than those who died of diabetes in all of 2018.


    Here are a few ways to understand the staggering death count.




    Seeing the scale: Visualizing the 100,000 American coronavirus deaths

  2. #1722
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    skynet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    1,576
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Of coarse they ARE!:rolle yes:
    How would you know? you only pay attention to 1% the news.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

  3. #1723
    IT Manager 2,500+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    How would you know? you only pay attention to 1% the news.
    How would you know? you only pay attention to 1% the news.

  4. #1724
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,572
    Rep Power
    188

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    How would you know? you only pay attention to 1% the news.
    that's because the other 99% isn't worth anything to talk about.

  5. #1725
    IT Manager 2,500+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    that's because the other 99% isn't worth anything to talk about.
    That explains YOUR warped thinking

    Have a Happy Meltdown
    Can YOU say Biden Landslide
    Last edited by bsm2; 06-03-2020 at 04:23 PM.

  6. #1726
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,809
    Rep Power
    286

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    That is sad, be careful out there. I just can't understand the mindset of the burning and looting. Why would anyone destroy the places that they live?
    Because they do not live there. To quote from fshead "There are a lot of NON NYERS who have come here just to do damage and have been in other big cities."

  7. #1727
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,506
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Because they do not live there. To quote from fshead "There are a lot of NON NYERS who have come here just to do damage and have been in other big cities."
    After doing a little research, I found out that some assholes are actually getting paid to protest. I am seeing my country that I love, and have served, falling apart in front of me, and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.
    I will take that back. I, as an individual need to keep a good heart and a calm, focused mind in the midst of this chaos. I believe adding some positivity to our collective consciousness will help. That is also easier said than done.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  8. #1728
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,438
    Rep Power
    113

    Thumbs up Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    After doing a little research, I found out that some assholes are actually getting paid to protest. I am seeing my country that I love, and have served, falling apart in front of me, and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.
    I will take that back. I, as an individual need to keep a good heart and a calm, focused mind in the midst of this chaos. I believe adding some positivity to our collective consciousness will help. That is also easier said than done.
    Wow, I just wish to meet/know more people like You!
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  9. #1729
    IT Manager 2,500+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    After doing a little research, I found out that some assholes are actually getting paid to protest. I am seeing my country that I love, and have served, falling apart in front of me, and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.
    I will take that back. I, as an individual need to keep a good heart and a calm, focused mind in the midst of this chaos. I believe adding some positivity to our collective consciousness will help. That is also easier said than done.

    Ya Right Millions of People Protesting Worldwide getting paid to protest.
    I wonder WHO benefits from that false narrative ? I wonder what party said the same thing last time?
    Duped again

  10. #1730
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,506
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Ya Right Millions of People Protesting Worldwide getting paid to protest.
    I wonder WHO benefits from that false narrative ? I wonder what party said the same thing last time?
    Duped again
    I normally stay out of stuff like this, but this is where my take is coming from. Might be bullshit, dunno. Although now I see why you are so unpopular on the political threads.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here