Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Ok but no one will think any different of you.
    +1

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Ok but no one will think any different of you.
    Hehe you have some good ones today and catch me on this.
    Glad good old Brit humor is still there. You know I'm big time P. G. Wodehouse fan. Brilliant author.
    Keep up this line 👍
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    East Europe...used to be behind the 'Iron Curtain'.
    Don't shoot me please
    You're not the problem!!! It's the Liddlehat Shape-Shifting Bolshevik Tribe that's the "problem"!!!Latest on the Corona Virus

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Read something yesterday about an android update that includes the covid tracking framework not the app itself as you can see from the screenshot, and sure enough its installed on my phone.
    Mine is a Samsung S9 see if you have it in settings search for covid

Dont know how you find it in apple phones

All a bit late really considering the non essential shops opened last Monday and the UK's NHS tracking app is still not ready for use.
    I also have it on my Note 8 and mine was off by default. The first thing I do on a new phone is I turn off everything that has to do with tracking, including location, keep BT off unless a device (speaker or headphones) needs it, keep mobile data off unless I need to check something when not near my WiFi.

Was everyone else's off by default?

Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    I also have it on my Note 8 and mine was off by default. The first thing I do on a new phone is I turn off everything that has to do with tracking, including location, keep BT off unless a device (speaker or headphones) needs it, keep mobile data off unless I need to check something when not near my WiFi.

Was everyone else's off by default?

Turn on Bluetooth and location and it will turn on automatically.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Turn on Bluetooth and location and it will turn on automatically.
    WTF! That's not cool! Too bad it isn't an actual app that I can stop with BK Disabler.

Guess I'll make sure to never have BT and location on at the same time.

Edit to add: I guess that's not true in my case since I don't have a participating app installed for it (and never will). Just tested to see what would happen and turned on BT and location but the Google COVID service didn't automatically turn on. See screenshot.

Last edited by srvctec; 06-22-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would prefer to be notified if I came in contact with a Covid positive so I could take precautions not to pass it to anyone else.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    I would prefer to be notified if I came in contact with a Covid positive so I could take precautions not to pass it to anyone else.
    That is the purpose of the App. Of course for it to work, it needs to be enabled both on your phone and the Covid positive persons phone. In addition the COVID positive person must be aware of that fact and have entered that fact into his/her phone. You also have to be within Bluetooth range of the other phone long enough for them to establish communication. At least they didn't try to use NFC.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

President Trump is preparing to attend a second election campaign stop in Yuma, Arizona to talk about the progress on building the border wall tomorrow.

Yuma is quite possibly the most COVID-19 infected location in the USA right now with the healthcare system unable to cope with the surge in patients.

He plans a rally at a 3,000 person Church the next day in nearby Phoenix.

President Trump is now trailing in all polls against VP BIden by as much as 14% as voters across the country are rejecting his response to the pandemic.

Corona Virus is now rapidly spreading in Florida and could soon become the new hot spot in the country.

Gov Cuomo of New York is considering a ban on all visitors to the state from Florida due to fears that these people could set back all of the progress the state has made with now less than COVID-19 10 deaths per day.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    WTF! That's not cool! Too bad it isn't an actual app that I can stop with BK Disabler.

Guess I'll make sure to never have BT and location on at the same time.

Edit to add: I guess that's not true in my case since I don't have a participating app installed for it (and never will). Just tested to see what would happen and turned on BT and location but the Google COVID service didn't automatically turn on. See screenshot.

It's not much to be concerned about it's just a framework that enables apps to use bluetooth when the phone is asleep in your pocket. I read a few months back that an IOS covid app would need the screen on all the time for the app to work and is probably something similar for android, obviously this would be impossible.
    What apple and google have done is pushed out an update that gived people that use a covid app some privacy hence the random id's
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.