Page 26 of 1541 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536761265261026 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    COVID19 is just another respiratory virus coming out of China. It spread rapidly in China partially due to the fact of a highly condensed population.
    Don't underestimate this fucking virus!

An uncle of mine died in Italy today. I can't go to his funeral because they are suspended and I can't move from Germany. He was 40 years old and no obvious pathology. In Italy the mortality rate of this virus has reached 9% and people continue to die. They are almost 1,000 dead and the infections continue to increase!

The Italian mad government has only shut down the services it deemed non-essential. Offices, factories with hundreds of workers and much more continue to remain open and the people are revolting over this.

It's not just hype. If the virus has spread to a city, you have to close it! But our government is interested in money. Italy is a good example, CLOSE ALL.Healthcare is also free and this allows you to heal ALL people. I don't want to imagine what will happen in america. A failed company YOU CAN rebuilt, a human life is not.

This virus is underestimated at first and you will understand its danger when it is too late. In Germany they have ignored it and now we are paying the consequences.

Unfortunately the Republicans Don't believe in Science. Your watching the biggest failure of an American President and his administration to respond to this crisis. Failure to supply test kits for month's and still a massive shortage of testing. America once was the leader of the world would lead in time of crisis is now way behind other countries in testing and failure to lead.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Unfortunately the Republicans Don't believe in Science. Your watching the biggest failure of an American President and his administration to respond to this crisis. Failure to supply test kits for month's and still a massive shortage of testing. America once was the leader of the world would lead in time of crisis is now way behind other countries in testing and failure to lead.
    Where the fuck do you come up with this garbage??
    Typical Trump Derangement Syndrome. Echoing the liberal media's narrative that "The President Has Failed".
    They can't even get through a single statement about coronavirus without somehow tying it to his "re-election chance". What A JOKE!
    This is a virus the ENTIRE WORLD HAS NEVER DEALT WITH BEFORE! You fucking moron! They know Next-to-Nothing about it, and that's what takes time!
    A virus with no vaccine or cure. It's not going to make any difference what Trump says or does. It comes down to the scientists/ lab workder now to get a vaccine and develop a RELIABLE test.

CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield told CNNthe Coronavirus could become a disease like the seasonal flu, the “only difference is we don’t understand this virus.” (Hard to "control and contain" something you have no clue about!! - Not Trump's fault).
    Redfield went on to question whether China has the situation under control and suggested the country allow the CDC to conduct on-the-ground work. "That letter has not been responded to yet by the official Chinese government." (Trump Admin. TRYING to help in any way they physically can). “Right now there’s no evidence to me that this outbreak is at all under control, it’s definitely not controlled worldwide,” he said. “The sooner we can help them get it under control, the better for the whole world.” (Why isn't their anger at these other countries who have yet to bring this unknown virus under control?)

Sources have said that some of the testing kits don't work.
    The CDC manufactured kits, and on Feb. 6 and 7, 90 test kits were shipped to the public health labs. Some labs began to have trouble with the test. On Feb. 12, the CDC announced the test was providing inconclusive results in some laboratories. (Again, not Trump's fault that scientists can't develop a dependable test).
    Production is ramping up, but tests — and the labs and equipment necessary to run them — are still very limited. Even where test kits are available, many states (not the Trump admin) have set strict criteria for who should be tested to avoid overwhelming their labs (not Trump's decision).
    A federal official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because there is an ongoing investigation, said the problem may have been a design flaw or contamination in a CDC lab when the tests were being produced. (Again, not the Trump Admin's fault),

Why isn't anyone screaming "FAILURE" for China allowing this whole thing to start in the first place?
    You people yelling "FAILURE" at our president are clueless.
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Where the fuck do you come up with this garbage??
    Typical Trump Derangement Syndrome. Echoing the liberal media's narrative that "The President Has Failed".
    They can't even get through a single statement about coronavirus without somehow tying it to his "re-election chance". What A JOKE!
    This is a virus the ENTIRE WORLD HAS NEVER DEALT WITH BEFORE! You fucking moron! They know Next-to-Nothing about it, and that's what takes time!
    A virus with no vaccine or cure. It's not going to make any difference what Trump says or does. It comes down to the scientists/ lab workder now to get a vaccine and develop a RELIABLE test.

CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield told CNNthe Coronavirus could become a disease like the seasonal flu, the “only difference is we don’t understand this virus.” (Hard to "control and contain" something you have no clue about!! - Not Trump's fault).
    Redfield went on to question whether China has the situation under control and suggested the country allow the CDC to conduct on-the-ground work. "That letter has not been responded to yet by the official Chinese government." (Trump Admin. TRYING to help in any way they physically can). “Right now there’s no evidence to me that this outbreak is at all under control, it’s definitely not controlled worldwide,” he said. “The sooner we can help them get it under control, the better for the whole world.” (Why isn't their anger at these other countries who have yet to bring this unknown virus under control?)

Sources have said that some of the testing kits don't work.
    The CDC manufactured kits, and on Feb. 6 and 7, 90 test kits were shipped to the public health labs. Some labs began to have trouble with the test. On Feb. 12, the CDC announced the test was providing inconclusive results in some laboratories. (Again, not Trump's fault that scientists can't develop a dependable test).
    Production is ramping up, but tests — and the labs and equipment necessary to run them — are still very limited. Even where test kits are available, many states (not the Trump admin) have set strict criteria for who should be tested to avoid overwhelming their labs (not Trump's decision).
    A federal official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because there is an ongoing investigation, said the problem may have been a design flaw or contamination in a CDC lab when the tests were being produced. (Again, not the Trump Admin's fault),

Why isn't anyone screaming "FAILURE" for China allowing this whole thing to start in the first place?
    You people yelling "FAILURE" at our president are clueless.
    More Excuses for a COMPLETE FAILURE IE HOAX Virus President and his administration.
    Sorry once again YOU can't handle the TRUTH!
    BTW WHO has had testing kits for month's world wide. South Korea does 15,000 tests a day! So far the US only tested 5,000 total.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Narrative Busted: Anti-Trump Dem Governors Praise President for Coronavirus Response

The media has been working double-time to pin the stock market drop and the coronavirus panic on President Donald Trump.
    They, and the Democrats, have slammed the administration for not acting properly in the face of what CNN now calls a pandemic.

But sometimes leaders step up in the face of a crisis and, rather than using it for politics, simply tell it as it is, which is what Washington Gov. Jay Inslee and California Gov. Gavin Newsom have done.
    Make no mistake, they are as anti-Trump as it gets, so when handed softball questions by the media on the administration’s response, reporters had to be expecting that they would knock it out of the park.
    Instead, the Democratic governors stunned everyone by heaping praise on the administration, saying it has done its job properly.

“I really don’t care too much what Donald Trump thinks of me, and we just kind of ignore that. It’s background noise because we really need to work together, Republicans and Democrats. This is a national crisis,” Inslee told CBS’ Margaret Brennan on “Face the Nation” on Sunday when shown a video of Trump saying he did not want Vice President Mike Pence to praise him.
    Governor Jay Inslee on the coronavirus response from President Trump’s administration:
    “I believe the agencies of the federal government are being very diligent in helping our state.” pic.twitter.com/UBb3AgvpmY
    — Francis Brennan (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@FrancisBrennan) March 8, 2020

“We are doing that effectively, as I’ve indicated. I’ve had good meetings with the agency directors. I think that the vice president has been helpful in this regard,” Inslee said.
    “We’re focusing on people’s health, not on political gamesmanship right now and that’s what we need to do,” he said.
    Obviously, there is no love lost between Inslee and the president and he did not pretend that they are on good terms.
    But what he did was put the interests of his constituents ahead of going after Trump, which is the wise move in this situation and a refreshing change.

It was also a nice change of pace when, also on Sunday, a reporter tried to goad Newsom into attacking the president and hit a brick wall.
    “Over the past couple of days, President Trump has said that he would prefer if none of the passengers aboard these cruises landed on U.S. soil. Did he mention any of that to you in your conversation?” the reporter asked.

California Gov. Newsom had kind words for Pres. Trump and Vice Pres. Pence when asked about the administration’s handling of coronavirus and cruise ships:
    “We had a very long conversation, and every single he said they followed through on.” https://t.co/iBPb6YBiQ0 pic.twitter.com/7bYjBdspno
    — ABC News (@ABC) March 9, 2020

“We had a private conversation, but he said, ‘We’re gonna do the right thing’ and ‘You have my support, all of our support, logistically and otherwise,'” Newsom said.
    “He said everything that I could have hoped for,” he said. “And we had a very long conversation and every single thing he said, they followed through on.
    “So I’m just not interested in finding daylight on those statements because every single thing his administration, and it starts at the top, including the vice president, has been consistent with the expectation that we’d repatriate these passengers and we’d do it in a way that does justice to the spirit that defines the best of our country and the state of California,” he said.

Don Lemon has total meltdown when John Kasich refuses to slam Trump’s coronavirus address

CNN opinion host Don Lemon “literally lost his mind,” according to Twitter observers after CNN contributor John Kasich — a Never-Trumper — said he thought President Trump’s coronavirus address from the Oval office “was fine.”
    Lemon — who famously said white men are the biggest threat in the United States — was furious that Kasich refused to trash Trump’s speech and his handling of the coronavirus.
    Don Lemon literally lost his mind on John Kasich because he said Trump's speech was "fine." John freakin Kasich.
    Only on CNN could that dumbass have a career in television.
    — Greg Price (@greg_price11) March 12, 2020
    Don Lemon is having a total meltdown right now bc John Kasich said trump’s address was fine
    — Matt Vespa (@mVespa1) March 12, 2020
    The former governor of Ohio said he was glad that President Trump struck a serious tone with his speech and proposed proactive measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus in the United States.
    Kasich also said he was glad that Trump “stuck to the script” during his address instead of improvising, like he does at his rallies.
    “I watched the address tonight and I thought it was fine. He did fine,” Kasich said. “I’m glad he did the address tonight and I think that was important.”
    “I thought it was fine. You can disagree with me. I thought he had the right tone. He’s trying to move forward because he understands the seriousness of this situation.
    Now the fact that they clarified [something]. It isn’t unusual in a speech for somebody to clarify something, OK? But I don’t think that the tone he showed tonight takes away from some clarification.
    He set a serious tone. That’s what I wanted out of him for a long time. And I think we got it.”
    An angry Lemon shot back: “I don’t know if he stuck to the script or not, but whatever script he read was wrong because they had to clarify it several times! And I’ve just got to say if the president came out to calm people’s fears, he didn’t do a good job of it!”

Lemon complained: “And this has been going on long enough for them to get it straight! We need straight, accurate information from this president and this administration and we’re not getting it!”
    Don then tore into John Kasich for not trashing President Trump.
    “I don’t understand why you’re tip-toeing around it!” Lemon bellowed. “He came out, gave an address. That happens very rarely [and] he doesn’t get it right?!”
    Kasich then calmly replied to the unhinged Lemon: “First of all, he read it [his speech].”
    Kasich was trying to explain why there was an apparent grammatical error in Trump’s speech.

That’s when Lemon interrupted him and started screaming incoherently.
    “Can I finish?” Kasich asked.

Lemon shouted back: “No! No you can’t, John! Because we’re here to talk about the president. I don’t want you to deflect and talk about something else, because we’re here to talk about the president’s address. And you said that someone else wrote it. He’s the president! Even if someone else wrote it, it should be right!”
    CNN's @donlemon & his guests make national news for brutally mocking voters with an accent – next day on his sham show makes with FAKE apology. Lemon claims he's a journalist but he's an opinionated bubbleheaded buffoon https://t.co/lkqoZZQ6y7 via @BIZPACReview
    — ❌ WHALETURD 🇺🇸 KAG (@WHALETURD1) January 30, 2020
    Kasich, who has repeatedly slammed President Trump, then defended the Trump administration. Kasich said despite the hysterical media criticism, the White House is trying to address the coronavirus situation and ease the “confusion out there.”

TDSKILLSGETTESTEDNOW

AOC Mocked For Saying Coronavirus Is Exposing ‘Straight-Up Racism’ Among Americans Who Are Avoiding Chinese Restaurants

Everything is racist!
    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) claimed Tuesday that Americans are not eating at Chinese restaurants due to the coroanvirus — which, of course, is racist.
    In a lengthy Instagram live video, Ocasio-Cortez said:
    Honestly, it sounds almost so silly to say, but there’s a lot of restaurants that are feeling the pain of racism.
    Where people are literally not patroning Chinese restaurants, um, they’re not patroning Asian restaurants because of just straight-up racism around the coronavirus.
    The New York Democrat, however, did not provide evidence to corroborate her serious accusation.
    Meanwhile, Democrats have pounced on coronavirus fears as yet another opportunity to push their narrative that the Republican Party, in the age of President Donald Trump, is racist. Democrats and media personalities have condemned references to coronavirus as “Chinese coronavirus” or “Wuhan virus,” despite the media and Democrats both calling COVID-19 by those names.

Ocasio-Cortez says people are not eating at Chinese and Asian restaurants right now because they are "just straight up" racist about the coronavirus pic.twitter.com/egtpRDEDhO
    — Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 11, 2020
    In response, Ocasio-Cortez was widely mocked.
    “This is like an SNL parody. She is like literally like not aware of like literally much of like anything, like not even fact there’s like literally no word ‘patroning’ and she like is literally clueless as to what like racism literally means. And she is in Congress. Literally!” former Gov. Mike Huckabee responded.
    “1 um every 7 seconds. 8+ ums per minute. 540 ums per hour. 12,960 ums per day. 4.7 million ums per year,” another critic responded.
    “Hi, I’m @RepAOC, super genius,” radio host David Webb mocked.
    Unfounded accusations of racism were not the only thing that Ocasio-Cortez ranted about. Her main topic was the Democratic primary, over which she voiced concern about Joe Biden’s growing lead over Ocasio-Cortez’s favored candidate, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

New Figures Show Countries Are Turning the Corner on Coronavirus, But Democrats Need Us Scared

At first, the media’s concern was warranted. An exotic virus pops up in China and begins spreading quickly. Then it turns out to be deadly (never mind that it’s deadly in the vast minority of cases and those are overwhelmingly contained within the age 70+ demographic). Then it goes international. Then the media chatter starts to spook markets that depend on China. Then market corrections start. That’s the stuff of a media feeding frenzy, and feed the media has.
    Stories abound about new cases, new borders crossed and new famous and/or powerful people quarantining themselves.
    Those stories, however, don’t really get at the root question we need to ask at this point in the drama.

The question we should be asking is whether or not the daily number of new cases is increasing inside different countries.
    Until the virus is eradicated entirely, new cases will continue to pop up. That’s definitionally true. And as long as there are new cases and enough people traveling internationally, the virus will cross borders.

These shouldn’t be novel concepts, though the media continues to treat them as new apostolic revelations.
    What’s far more helpful than the plain number of new cases is the number of new cases compared to the previous day. If daily new cases increase over time, then the contagion hasn’t peaked and more concern is warranted.
    If, however, the number of daily new cases begins to decrease over time, it’s likely a critical milestone has been hit and the virus is on its way to being controlled if not eradicated (for all intents and purposes).
    If new cases consistently decrease day after day, the eventual elimination of the virus is inevitable — eventually, the new case count hits zero and stays there.
    (Of course, someone’s always going to have a pesky strain of the flu or common cold — but as far as the survival of humanity goes, the new case count will be essentially zero.)
    Take China for example. New cases reported peaked on Feb. 12, but since that was due largely in part to a reporting hiccup, let’s take the next day as our peak. Feb. 13 saw 5,090 reported new cases of coronavirus in China.
    Though small upticks were reported every few days, daily decreases in new cases soon followed, leading to just 327 new cases reported two weeks later on Feb. 27. On March 6, the last day data was reported, there were only 99 new cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    New Figures Show Countries Are Turning the Corner on Coronavirus, But Democrats Need Us Scared

At first, the media’s concern was warranted. An exotic virus pops up in China and begins spreading quickly. Then it turns out to be deadly (never mind that it’s deadly in the vast minority of cases and those are overwhelmingly contained within the age 70+ demographic). Then it goes international. Then the media chatter starts to spook markets that depend on China. Then market corrections start. That’s the stuff of a media feeding frenzy, and feed the media has.
    Stories abound about new cases, new borders crossed and new famous and/or powerful people quarantining themselves.
    Those stories, however, don’t really get at the root question we need to ask at this point in the drama.

The question we should be asking is whether or not the daily number of new cases is increasing inside different countries.
    Until the virus is eradicated entirely, new cases will continue to pop up. That’s definitionally true. And as long as there are new cases and enough people traveling internationally, the virus will cross borders.

These shouldn’t be novel concepts, though the media continues to treat them as new apostolic revelations.
    What’s far more helpful than the plain number of new cases is the number of new cases compared to the previous day. If daily new cases increase over time, then the contagion hasn’t peaked and more concern is warranted.
    If, however, the number of daily new cases begins to decrease over time, it’s likely a critical milestone has been hit and the virus is on its way to being controlled if not eradicated (for all intents and purposes).
    If new cases consistently decrease day after day, the eventual elimination of the virus is inevitable — eventually, the new case count hits zero and stays there.
    (Of course, someone’s always going to have a pesky strain of the flu or common cold — but as far as the survival of humanity goes, the new case count will be essentially zero.)
    Take China for example. New cases reported peaked on Feb. 12, but since that was due largely in part to a reporting hiccup, let’s take the next day as our peak. Feb. 13 saw 5,090 reported new cases of coronavirus in China.
    Though small upticks were reported every few days, daily decreases in new cases soon followed, leading to just 327 new cases reported two weeks later on Feb. 27. On March 6, the last day data was reported, there were only 99 new cases.
    What a bunch of Crap! There are No test kits available. No test kits low numbers. IE Failure of the Trump Administration

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    What a bunch of Crap! There are No test kits available. No test kits low numbers. IE Failure of the Trump Administration
    Responding to Coronavirus Testing Problems, U.S. Government Expands Number of Labs That Can Run Tests

fter a slow and criticized rollout of U.S. government-designed testing kits for the novel coronavirus COVID-19, federal agencies enforced new policies to scale up capacity to conduct tests and produce results more quickly. On Feb. 29, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) expanded its Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) policy to allow more labs to apply for approval to conduct testing for COVID-19. Until the announcement, two labs run by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and a few state labs were the only ones in the country that could test for the disease.
    On Mar. 4, the CDC also expanded the criteria for who can be tested. The agency initially recommended that doctors not test everyone with symptoms of fever, coughing and difficult breathing, but only if they had these symptoms as well as a history of traveling to an area where cases are endemic, or being in close contact with someone who is diagnosed as positive. Those criteria have now be loosened so any physician can order the test based on his or her discretion (although most are likely to continue to follow CDC guidelines to avoid over-testing).

Expanding the number of labs that can perform COVID-19 testing is critical to getting a more accurate sense of how widespread the virus may be in the country. Some public health experts warn that the current number of cases in the US may be low simply because too few people have been tested; with more testing, the count in the country will likely rise. Already, the number of confirmed cases has increased from 62 on Feb. 28 to 101 on March 2.
    Government agencies can activate Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) review processes during extenuating circumstances such as an emerging disease outbreak. In this particular case, the EUA enables the CDC to use the test, which picks up genetic signatures of the coronavirus, even before the FDA finished reviewing data on the test’s efficacy—a process that normally takes months.