1. #2641
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    3,205
    Rep Power
    86

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    the left has been trying to do away with Halloween for decades.. this is just their latest ploy to get it done.

    nice try loser!

    That is the most ridiculous thing you have posted yet!! Why on earth would anyone want to "do away with Hallowe'en".
    Stop posting things that make people question your intelligence!!

  2. #2642
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,574
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    the CDC says (in the above report) people wearing masks are getting the virus.. so NO masks don't work.. you are a pawn in their games MORON.
    The CDC report says that wearing a mask is not a 100% effective way of avoiding breathing in COVID-19 respiratory droplets. There are no absolute guarantees in life. Nevertheless, masks are effective in preventing the rapid spread of COVID-19.

    Today, in many parts of Canada, including where I live, wearing a mask both indoors and outdoors is mandatory. Not wearing a mask will bar you entry to most places of business and could result in a personal fine up to $1,000.00 . Wearing a mask is not a political statement, it is the law.

    If you are foolish enough to not wear a mask in public you risk your personal health and that of everyone who comes in contact with you. COVID-19 is not a hoax and its long term physical effects on your body's organs, if you do recover, are unknown.

    Do not be surprised in your travels out in public, that if you do not wear a mask people will avoid you and your customers will not want you to visit them.

    Based upon your age and medical history yourself and Slimslob are in the high risk category so the odds are definitely not in your favor.

  3. #2643
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,940
    Rep Power
    231

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    That is the most ridiculous thing you have posted yet!! Why on earth would anyone want to "do away with Hallowe'en".
    Stop posting things that make people question your intelligence!!
    you being in another land won't see what the local governments here are doing. They have been for YEARS labeling it as satanic... along with a DANGER to kids ( razor blades.. drugs/poison ) in my small town the town 3 years ago wanted to stop house 2 house by telling the people the safest was go to town to the businesses and trick or treat. Those businesses that DIDN'T pass out candy were ridiculed ON THE TOWN PAPER!

    They have labeled some costumes 'illegal' due to culture appropriation. This started in the colleges because people were going as Indians ... mexicans... muslims..

    the local schools have done away with costumes at school because 'some kids cannot afford them. I never had a store bought costume in my life, even as an adult I always MADE my costume.

  4. #2644
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,940
    Rep Power
    231

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The CDC report says that wearing a mask is not a 100% effective way of avoiding breathing in COVID-19 respiratory droplets. There are no absolute guarantees in life. Nevertheless, masks are effective in preventing the rapid spread of COVID-19.

    Today, in many parts of Canada, including where I live, wearing a mask both indoors and outdoors is mandatory. Not wearing a mask will bar you entry to most places of business and could result in a personal fine up to $1,000.00 . Wearing a mask is not a political statement, it is the law.

    If you are foolish enough to not wear a mask in public you risk your personal health and that of everyone who comes in contact with you. COVID-19 is not a hoax and its long term physical effects on your body's organs, if you do recover, are unknown.

    Do not be surprised in your travels out in public, that if you do not wear a mask people will avoid you and your customers will not want you to visit them.

    Based upon your age and medical history yourself and Slimslob are in the high risk category so the odds are definitely not in your favor.
    clearly you didn't read the article I posted... it's been proven the virus GOES around a mask.. People touch all sorts of things then mess with their masks... which is by the way AGAINST CDC guidelines.. they wear the same masks days in days out.. on SINGLE USE MASKS!

    FIRST and foremost I live in AMERICA (unlike you) and we have PERSONAL FREEDOMS.. these mandatory mandates have been found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL along with the mandatory lock downs.

    you worry about you I will worry about me.. because frankly You don't know me and I'm sure you could give a rats ass if I die in a car crash which is more lethal.

    end of the fucking discussion.

  5. #2645
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,574
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    clearly you didn't read the article I posted... it's been proven the virus GOES around a mask.. People touch all sorts of things then mess with their masks... which is by the way AGAINST CDC guidelines.. they wear the same masks days in days out.. on SINGLE USE MASKS!

    FIRST and foremost I live in AMERICA (unlike you) and we have PERSONAL FREEDOMS.. these mandatory mandates have been found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL along with the mandatory lock downs.

    you worry about you I will worry about me.. because frankly You don't know me and I'm sure you could give a rats ass if I die in a car crash which is more lethal.

    end of the fucking discussion.
    ... I hope your will is up to date and that you see 2021 fit and healthy. Everyday you seem to be willing to take easily avoidable risks. COVID-19 does not care about the Constitution nor national borders. Canada's borders remain closed to non essential travel from the USA at great economic cost because we fear the out of control infection rate in the USA.

  6. #2646
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,546
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    clearly you didn't read the article I posted... it's been proven the virus GOES around a mask.. People touch all sorts of things then mess with their masks... which is by the way AGAINST CDC guidelines.. they wear the same masks days in days out.. on SINGLE USE MASKS!

    FIRST and foremost I live in AMERICA (unlike you) and we have PERSONAL FREEDOMS.. these mandatory mandates have been found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL along with the mandatory lock downs.

    you worry about you I will worry about me.. because frankly You don't know me and I'm sure you could give a rats ass if I die in a car crash which is more lethal.

    end of the fucking discussion.
    What bunch of Crap Personal Freedom BS Republican talking point.
    Wearing a Mask to protect others from being infected.
    You could really save someone's life should You be infected.
    Guess you drink and drive your personal freedom
    Guess you don't wear a seat belt your personal freedom
    Guess you you still smoke in buildings your personal freedom
    Etc.......

  7. #2647
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,546
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    CDC: Teen gave COVID-19 to 11 relatives across 4 states, including Illinois, during a family vacation. Case is a cautionary tale as holidays approach, experts say.

  8. #2648
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,574
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    CDC: Teen gave COVID-19 to 11 relatives across 4 states, including Illinois, during a family vacation. Case is a cautionary tale as holidays approach, experts say.
    An otherwise healthy 25-year-old Nevada man is the first American confirmed to have caught COVID-19 twice, with the second infection worse than the first.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/10/12/covid-reinfection-virus-can-strike-twice-worse-second-time-nevada-man/5965917002/

    Respiratory infections like COVID-19 don't provide lifelong immunity like a measles infection. So, Dr. Paul Offit, an infectious disease expert at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, said he's not at all surprised people could get infected twice with the coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2.

  9. #2649
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    305

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you being in another land won't see what the local governments here are doing. They have been for YEARS labeling it as satanic... along with a DANGER to kids ( razor blades.. drugs/poison ) in my small town the town 3 years ago wanted to stop house 2 house by telling the people the safest was go to town to the businesses and trick or treat. Those businesses that DIDN'T pass out candy were ridiculed ON THE TOWN PAPER!

    They have labeled some costumes 'illegal' due to culture appropriation. This started in the colleges because people were going as Indians ... mexicans... muslims..

    the local schools have done away with costumes at school because 'some kids cannot afford them. I never had a store bought costume in my life, even as an adult I always MADE my costume.
    What we have seen here is a move to "Trunk or Treat" types of events. A number of churches, including the one I attend, have them. Most members contribute bags of candy and a number of members decorate the "trunk" of their vehicle. The vehicles park along both sides of one row of the parking lot. Children from the neighborhood come through and look at the decorations an receive treats.

    At the county level in the past they had events at Kern County Museum's Pioneer Village. Admission is free and volunteers in period costume had out treats in front of all the historic buildings. This year they are talking about all drive by curb side events.

    As for it being Satanic that originated over 500 years ago with the Roman Catholic Church calling it All Satan's Eve. The night of October 31, 1517 is when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany. The next day, November 1st. is celebrated by many protestant churches as All Saints Day as the 95 theses marked the beginning of the Protestant Reformation.

    Martin Luther Posts His 95 Theses - HISTORY.

  10. #2650
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,574
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    An otherwise healthy 25-year-old Nevada man is the first American confirmed to have caught COVID-19 twice, with the second infection worse than the first.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/10/12/covid-reinfection-virus-can-strike-twice-worse-second-time-nevada-man/5965917002/

    Respiratory infections like COVID-19 don't provide lifelong immunity like a measles infection. So, Dr. Paul Offit, an infectious disease expert at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, said he's not at all surprised people could get infected twice with the coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2.

    ... being at risk from COVID-19 reinfection is going to put the 7M+ COVID survivors in the USA into a justly deep concern. They know COVID-19 is not a joke and no hoax.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here